SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Yeah Im sure the thumb slide technique me and pocky are doing works for the ps3 controller too. The key thing is that u must use your entire thumb and hit A which is sqaure for ps3 then quickly do a slide and hit B and K at the exact same time. Which on ps3 is the triangle and circle buttons. This is durable trust me and once u get it down u'll be glad to not have to sacrifice any button bindings, it will take some times getting use to tho.

with regards the deathcopter trap after parting thrust, is it not char specific if it hits grounded?

I.e. it will hit cervantes and zwei playing dead but misses the likes of maxi, tira, astaroth, nightmare. Those are the ones I can remember it always hitting/whiffing on, need to test

Ok - the findings for 3B, parting thrust, deathcopter against all chars playing dead.

HIT / MISS / NEITHER (40 dmg or 60 dmg).

I was testing the quick cancel (40 dmg) deathcopter to see if it hits. However, unless otherwise stated, you can do the 60 dmg version and it will hit those in the MISS list.

HIT:
- ZWEI
- Natsu
- Hilde (somtimes whiffs the 60 dmg version, seems deathcopter cancel timing related. Rare though).
- Ivy
- Cervantes
- Alpha Patroklos (to get 40 dmg quick cancel to hit, you have to delay the parting thrust slightly).

MISS:
- Patroklos
- Leixia
- Ezio
- Raphael
- Viola (60 dmg version only hits if the parting thrust is quick).
- Siegfried
- Xiba
- Aeon
- Tira
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Maxi
- Dampierre
- Voldo
- Astaroth
- Algol

NEITHER:
- Pyrrha
- Yoshimitsu
- Pyrrha Omega

Think this info might add a bit more to the mind games, i.e. do a quick cancel on a sleeper char on purpose then next time get more damage with the 60 :)

is still cant do the damn imcf... i can do the version on rising, but that doesnt help. and a:b+k is impossible...
If i can do a:b+k its not impossible...I even almost gave up on it too. Just keep practicing my method and if that still doesn't work for you then try binding the B+K button to one of your shoulder or trigger buttons and see how it works.
As for imcf it can be misleading on how to do it....the trick is you cannot press 2 then do a:B doesn't work like that, instead you must hit 2 then a:B exactly at the same time.

is still cant do the damn imcf... i can do the version on rising, but that doesnt help. and a:b+k is impossible...

How long did you practice this move before you decided I cant do it? If you havnt played before, these two moves can be very challenging, Its not something someone is usually just going to jump into training and do in 30 minutes.

Heres an easy way to practice iMCF though... Taunt then during the taunt hold down... now all you have to do is slide from a:B pretty fast... Once you get the timing for the slide down combine it with pushing down.

now see, if someone had told me, IT WAS A 1 FRAME MOVE. i would have gotten it, a:b+k is like just guarding, a slash on the a, like ur barely even pressing it, then b+k

Who has confirmed iMCF as a 1Frame move?? It is easier than it was in SC4 and I dont remember it being single frame back then.

EDIT: Unless your talking about a:B+K in which case I dont think its 1 frame either but dont really know

Who has confirmed iMCF as a 1Frame move?? It is easier than it was in SC4 and I dont remember it being single frame back then.

EDIT: Unless your talking about a:B+K in which case I dont think its 1 frame either but dont really know

iMCF is probably the same difficulty as it was in four... same timing and everything... I dont think anyone has said iMCF is a 1frame move... Maybe this guy thinks fast slides are "1 frame moves"

a:B+K speed has def increased but its about the same speed as iMCF's input, the only thing easier about this game is you dont have to RCC to be able to iMCF twice.

Well all I know is imcf definitely feels easier to pull off in sc5 compared to sc4....Oh yeah sort of off topic...but been using lots of 2B lately i think it's an underated move in yoshi's arsenal. Has helped me alot of times at interrupting an opponent

I actually use that just to end some rounds if I know my opponent is gonna block low. Great for tip range to try and set people up to get FC3Ked if they try to step it since 2B is kinda linear. Just my scrubby opinion.
Yeah it is easily stepped.....meh gotta take risk sometimes tho haha. And how's your parting thrust rate been? u saw when u play me I got it down most of the time.

I don't know if this has been asked before.. but is anyone having trouble timing the K:K from Super Dragonfly after a 6 or 4 A+B dash (Transcendent Turbo is the name of the move)? I can time it pretty consistently without dashing but I coudn't get a single SDGF>6A+B>K:K. Any advice?

I don't know if this has been asked before.. but is anyone having trouble timing the K:K from Super Dragonfly after a 6 or 4 A+B dash (Transcendent Turbo is the name of the move)? I can time it pretty consistently without dashing but I coudn't get a single SDGF>6A+B>K:K. Any advice?

You can't.... Yoshi must be stationary in SDGF in order to access K:K recovery, he cannot be mobile and access it unfortunately but you can 6_4_8_2+A+B(SDGF)...stop, then access it since he stops moving and is no longer mobile. Also, you don't need to do K:K for either versions, you only need to hit it(K) once(both versions have different timing to them), that goes for both versions of the life recovery (time hitting K once). In case you didn't know for the 2 versions of it, one is the normal life regain and the other is a life regain+auto-GI recovery.

Back