SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Does Yoshi have any good post GI options other then CE ???

I've recently been using 66A+K to bait re-GI or if they try and block but thats about it.

I opt for 3B into a:B+K setups, which is really good if they can't deal with it. For baiting re-GI, I wait and bait. If they re-GI, I 3B them. If they just stand there, I iFC3K. iFC3K is never blocked. Lately I've been doing more waiting than not, since I will always get damage from the GI with that strategy.

If you're going for big damage there's 1K, 33A+B, 22K into combos.

66A+K is great

214A Post Gi ???

seems awesome if you can read the spacing behind your opponent for the easy ring-out DNK follow-up.

Post Gi I like 4B because if your opponent re-Gi or don't Gi he take in a both time ( He must Delay his Gi) . Wherease use basic mix up 3B or 1K or 22K (1K for reverse Ro ) .

I really don't like 1K cause I tend to drop combos off this launcher. I might try using 22K cause I like ring out options and it as a combo starter. 66A+K & CE are my favorite for a kill option when I need it.

True.. But it can get re-gi jg'ed if they have meter. I always used to CE but it doesn't work now on some opppnents so I usually try a delayed 3b a:B+K combo with a tech trap CE ender if the match-up / situation allows. Or if experimenting I go for 66(A) CH Combo

66A+K is good for post-gi in the right circumstances.
If they don't have meter or they think you'll delay attack just launch them with 3B.
If you think they're going to re-GI I go for 1K, 33A+B, 22K, 4B.

Depending on who I'm playing I will almost exclusively use my meter for GI CE. Tons of top level players can GI JG this however, so it's good to know who you can and cannot do this against. I believe hAppY is referring to the fact that if they have meter they can GI JG the CE.

In other news, I've refallen in love with all the tech traps you get after 4B.

Last edited:
Theorycally Ce is a worst option when you opponent have Gi because he can block all time without take a choice he must juste have a skill . But in a fact nobody can Gi Jg in all situation .

Reactions: mkl
Theorycally Ce is a worst option when you opponent have Gi because he can block all time without take a choice he must juste have a skill . But in a fact nobody can Gi Jg in all situation .

Good job at IVGC by the way. That Pat matchup can be brutal though.

So i was fooling around in training, it would appear that yoshi has a full life (or at least close to it) wall combo using only 1/2 - 1 bar. It looks like this.

6K. W! (if opponent has back to you) 1B+K. 6[A]. 6B BE. 7K. W! 1K. 2B+K. A+K - 235 ish

6K. W! (if opponent is facing you) 1B+K. 66A BE. iMCF. 7K. W! 1K. 2B+K. A+K - 235 ish

After spending some time doing this if figured out 2 things.

1. Opponent must not have his/her knees touch the ground after the second W! before you 1K them.
2. After second W! opponent must start falling towards you (if you're not right in front of them, the 1K will launch too far an they can roll out of it)

If done properly opponent shouldn't be able to roll out of it

I don't know if it's character specific yet as I only tested it on pyrrha.

Also my bad if this was already stated earlier in the thread. I didn't want to read through the 50+ pages just to look XD

So i was fooling around in training, it would appear that yoshi has a full life (or at least close to it) wall combo using only 1/2 - 1 bar. It looks like this.

6K. W! (if opponent has back to you) 1B+K. 6[A]. 6B BE. 7K. W! 1K. 2B+K. A+K - 235 ish

6K. W! (if opponent is facing you) 1B+K. 66A BE. iMCF. 7K. W! 1K. 2B+K. A+K - 235 ish

Honestly this combo seems suuuper cool, I love how there might actually be a use for 2B+K A+K. But I'm having trouble doing the combos you listed, I can get 2B+K A+K to combo after a raw 1K but if I get the jumpkick wallsplat first, the 1K launch ends up messing up the camera angle and they end up too far away from the A+K..

I'll try it out a bit more and see if there's any way to make it more consistent, is there a difference between using 9K, 8K and 7K? (Aside from the damage. I'm wondering if the spacing ends up mattering.)

After spending some time doing this if figured out 2 things.

1. Opponent must not have his/her knees touch the ground after the second W! before you 1K them.
2. After second W! opponent must start falling towards you (if you're not right in front of them, the 1K will launch too far an they can roll out of it)

If done properly opponent shouldn't be able to roll out of it

I don't know if it's character specific yet as I only tested it on pyrrha.

Also my bad if this was already stated earlier in the thread. I didn't want to read through the 50+ pages just to look XD

This is pretty cool. I never thought to use MED suicide from that. I only tried a few times last night in between casuals and sometimes I would get it to tech trap all sides and other times it would cover all options to become a full combo. I wasn't sure of timing but it does seem legit. I'll test a bit more, thanks for the info man.

One question, does this do as much/more than just straight up 2A+K in the combo? On paper 2A+K does more damage raw. And if I remember right, 2A+K does less damage to Yoshi than 66A+K and potentially MED A+K. Again, I gotta test this a little more.

Back