SCVI Ivy's Move Analysis

Big goof on my part guys! Ivy does have her old 66A!

Can't believe I didn't find the input! It's probably something simple that I overlooked haha.

Important: Note that it makes them fall backwards a fair distance. Perfect spot for them to get up into a 2A+G ;)

In SCV, Ivy also had her 66A done with 33_99A.

Is somebody familiar with the move at 4:10, where ivy turns around while ducking laying out her sword and launching Taki in the air while rising (?)?

Big goof on my part guys! Ivy does have her old 66A!

Can't believe I didn't find the input! It's probably something simple that I overlooked haha.

Important: Note that it makes them fall backwards a fair distance. Perfect spot for them to get up into a 2A+G ;)

I was about to make the same post. Very good news for Ivy.

I also noticed that her old SC4 Whip state 2A appears to not hit low. Wasn't it low or special low in SC4? Taki is guarding while standing and still blocks the hit.

UPWmFv.gif

Is somebody familiar with the move at 4:10, where ivy turns around while ducking laying out her sword and launching Taki in the air while rising (?)?

It was 1A in sc4 from coiled state IIRC. It launched on CH super high and you could follow up with Ivy Lick or the SC5 equivalent of 8A+B,B. Seems to function similarly in sc6. Oh, and it also has GI properties.

It was 1A in sc4 from coiled state IIRC. It launched on CH super high and you could follow up with Ivy Lick or the SC5 equivalent of 8A+B,B. Seems to function similarly in sc6. Oh, and it also has GI properties.
Thx :)
Looks like Ivy in SC6 will shine again.
... SC5 was a hard hit for Ivy -.-
I already see many mix-up potential and we don't have a move list yet ~ this will be fun!
In SC4 she did that ground stab with A+B when she faced away from they enemy, but now she does this move and turns away ivy from the enemy (4:48 in the vid).
There are so many small things we didn't see so far - i am hyped xD!!

But so far every char looks pretty strong - it's nice that they gave all chars full blown move sets.

Thx :)
Looks like Ivy in SC6 will shine again.
... SC5 was a hard hit for Ivy -.-
I already see many mix-up potential and we don't have a move list yet ~ this will be fun!
In SC4 she did that ground stab with A+B when she faced away from they enemy, but now she does this move and turns away ivy from the enemy (4:48 in the vid).
There are so many small things we didn't see so far - i am hyped xD!!

But so far every char looks pretty strong - it's nice that they gave all chars full blown move sets.

Hyped here too, SC6 Ivy looks extremely fun. Her seemingly lackluster close up game will be tough vs rushdown characters like Maxi but hopefully GIs and Soul Charges will help.

I can't wait to try the 2B+K/2A+G mix up.

****UPDATE: The demo will be available at Anime Expo next week, so I will be going to that instead!! I'll be making a video going through Ivy's complete move list and any combos I discover, as well as soul charge moves and lots of gameplay footage.

Please let me know before then if anyone has anything they would like to my try/test out :)

Last edited:
I am all set to attend EVO on August 3rd-4th, I'll be making a video going through Ivy's complete move list and any combos I discover, as well as soul charge moves and lots of gameplay footage.

Please let me know before then if anyone has anything they would like to my try/test out :)
Can you try if A+B A stun on CH

Last edited:
SS is the same input as Sc2 376231A+G, CS input has not been discovered yet but I’ll try my best to find it when I play the demo tomorrow

Good luck with trying to figure out CS. I am sure Link and NoFace probably tried the inputs to the other games, but you could always try them again (maybe backwards?). Remember, NoFace said that spinning the stick twice will get you CS. I know it's not much to go on, but let's hope you learn something useful, @Josh017.

Ahh, the eternal mystery of the Calamity Symphony grab... I suppose that such power should come with a price, so I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with some entirely new input, and even change the one one for Summon Suffering. Those were, after all, exhibitions.
In scV it took me a few years to start getting iCS consistently (mostly because I was satisfied with buffering normal CS), so personally I am not too enthusiastic about this. xD

Good luck with trying to figure out CS. I am sure Link and NoFace probably tried the inputs to the other games, but you could always try them again (maybe backwards?). Remember, NoFace said that spinning the stick twice will get you CS. I know it's not much to go on, but let's hope you learn something useful, @Josh017.

Couldn’t find the exact input for CS, but it’s doable by just circling the joystick 3 times A+G lol. I got some gameplay footage and a 1 by 1 list of her moves, once I get home back to Phoenix and can go through all the footage to make a couple videos :)

Couldn’t find the exact input for CS, but it’s doable by just circling the joystick 3 times A+G lol. I got some gameplay footage and a 1 by 1 list of her moves, once I get home back to Phoenix and can go through all the footage to make a couple videos :)

Thanks a lot!! Let us know when you put the video up

Last edited:
Saw your video last night. Thanks a lot for going out of your way for others.

Back