SCVI Ivy's Move Analysis

That move was supposed to be in sc5 you can see ivy do it in one of the early vids vs natsu. I actually think it was reskinned and given to viola and ivy just kept the second part as apart of piercing bolt. Hopefully its as good for ivy as it was for viola(it tech jumped,killed step, put you a about full screen and did decent damage).

Is her sc5 6k and ch follow up gone?

She's doing here a reversal egde into her 44B from SoulCalibur II. I don't understand well the reversal edge mechanic. Can it be cancelled or faked out ?

She's doing here a reversal egde into her 44B from SoulCalibur II. I don't understand well the reversal edge mechanic. Can it be cancelled or faked out ?
Found it in another vid as well.
Also, if i remember right, i saw it with another char - i guess RE cancel or better say switch(?) into an attack could be a thing, i am not sure and i guess we'll have to wait some time to find this out.

New video, shows A+B A(mid/low/mid), the 3rd hit has returned! She does it twice during the fight, battle begins at 6:30.

In a previous video it showed the 3rd hit whiff like in SC5, so this makes me happy that it has returned :D

Battle begins at 1:30

Ivy E3 Analysis

Ivy's (A) from SCV is just AA in SCVI.
6AA is Ivy's SCIV CL 6AA+K.
SCVI Ivy's BBB is B(B) is from SCII minus the WP Transition with the 3rd hit having an RE built in/Release RE soon it similar to the 1st hit of Ivy's 44B SW from SCIV/If you hold RE you get the 1st hit of Ivy's 44B WP from SCIV.
Ivy's 2A is SCIV WP 2A.
6BA(2nd Hit is Ivy's old SCIII WP 4A)
6B(A) ~ SE
6BB(2nd Hit is Ivy's old WS B & the 2nd Hit Becomes a Guard Break, AT, & NC in Soul Charge)
3B(Ivy's SCIII WP 3B)
3(B) ~ SE
2B(Was Ivy's WS 2B)
1B(Was Ivy's SCV 11_77B)
1(B)
4B(Was Ivy's SCIV WP 6B)
4(B)(Was Ivy's WP 4B in SCIII & SCIV)
FC 3B(Was Ivy's SCIV WP FC 3B)
WS BB(Was Ivy's SCIV WP WS BB)
JMP BBB(Was Ivy's 44BBB from SCV)
1K(Was Ivy's SCV bK)
A+B(Was Ivy's SCIV: BD A+B+K)
6A+B(Was Ivy's A+BA in SCV)
JMP A+BB(1st Part of the String is New, but the 2nd Hit of Ivy's SCV 8A+BB)
JMP A+B(B)
66A(Was Ivy's CL 3A)
66(A)(New Move)
33_99A(Ivy's SCV 33_99A)
33_99(A)
66BB(Was Ivy's 66B[BE] in SCV)
11_77B(Ivy's old 3B)
44BB(Was Ivy's SCIV WP 44BB)
33_66_99K(SCIII Version)
33_66_99[K] ~ SE
11_77K(Was SCV's Ivy 33_66_99K)
33_66_99A+B(Was Ivy's SCIV CL 66BA)
22_88A+B(Was Ivy's SCIV WP A+B)

Last edited:
Is the SC2 Serpent's Embrace B "bread and butter" in SCVI? This move was called Whirling Exile (SC2) or Pleasure Lash (SC1)...

Last edited:
Is the SC2 Serpent's Embrace B "bread and butter" in SCVI? This move was called Whirling Exile (SC2) or Pleasure Lash (SC1)...

That was Serpent's Enbrace B in SCII. In SCII you do 22_88(B) ~ Spiral Tribute B:B:B_ ST B:6B:4B:6B:4B. ST was removed in later games. The moves from that stance went to Serpent's Embrace. In SCV, it feels akward to do those moves without Serpent's Embrace with 22_88(B) not even going into stance to do it.

That was Serpent's Enbrace B in SCII. In SCII you do 22_88(B) ~ Spiral Tribute B:B:B_ ST B:6B:4B:6B:4B. ST was removed in later games. The moves from that stance went to Serpent's Embrace. In SCV, it feels akward to do those moves without Serpent's Embrace with 22_88(B) not even going into stance to do it.
In SC1 it was done by pressing B+K whilst in the stance. So is it not in SCVI at all?

In SC1 it was done by pressing B+K whilst in the stance. So is it not in SCVI at all?

It was in SCIII as the last hits of Ivy's WP A+BB. It was a NCC. Since WP A+B has returned in SCVI as 22_88A+B it might be a part of that string.

It was in SCIII as the last hits of Ivy's WP A+BB. It was a NCC. Since WP A+B has returned in SCVI as 22_88A+B it might be a part of that string.
Oh I see! That move has had quite an evolution... thanks for clearing up. Hopefully is in there then under some newer incarnation.

If there are any more events with playable demo before October, I would like to attend one and gather as much footage for you guys as I can(most of the Ivy footage thus far has been poor). I am an Ivy main and will capture some good footage and go through her move list and discover as much as I can with her. You guys can also make a wish list for me and I will answer as many questions as possible.

Please keep me updated on any upcoming events so I can get a trip prepared!

If there are any more events with playable demo before October, I would like to attend one and gather as much footage for you guys as I can(most of the Ivy footage thus far has been poor). I am an Ivy main and will capture some good footage and go through her move list and discover as much as I can with her. You guys can also make a wish list for me and I will answer as many questions as possible.

Please keep me updated on any upcoming events so I can get a trip prepared!

Well, since you're offering... :)
I am interested in the sc5 a+b a or sc4 coiled stance a+b a (a?) equivalent in sc6. We have mentioned it before, but we don't know its properties. I would like for you to confirm for us if it hits 3 times (ok, someone has said it does) and does the second hit stun, like it did in sc4 when you do coiled a+b a+k. If it doesn't usually have that property, then maybe during soul charge state...?

Also, whatever you find out about soul charge in general will, of course, be very helpful. :)

Last edited:
Well, since you're offering... :)
I am interested in the sc5 a+b a or sc4 coiled stance a+b a (a?) equivalent in sc6. We have mentioned it before, but we don't know its properties. I would like for you to confirm for us if it hits 3 times (ok, someone has said it does) and does the second hit stun, like it did in sc4 when you do coiled a+b a+k. If it doesn't usually have that property, then maybe during soul charge state...?

Also, whatever you find out about soul charge in general will, of course, be very helpful. :)

I posted a video above where I discovered the 3rd hit does in fact connect again in VI, but I will be sure to play around with it more to see if it knocks up again and definitely in soul charge mode(I was also suspecting the stun might return for that!). In the video above, only the last 2 hits connected, might have to see all 3 hit to see the true properties.

Back