Serpent's Embrace Tips

Yeah, test something before you post it... I even delayed the AS B a little to account for the few times when a Sophy player might not be ready to mash it out...

Granted, I didn't test it but I assumed it was steppable because 214 on NH is + frames, and that Sophie AS B is around i14... takes 11 frames to step so there would be 3 frames and change for Ivy to avoid the attack even with automatic response from a CPU.

Unless AS tracks... which then I apologize for ignorance, or if 214 on NH is actually - frames, which I apologize then for the same thing.

Just apologize to yourself. If you go into a fight with that ignorance, (Or especially a money match) the only loser is yourself.
Serpents Embrace's step is terrible as well BTW.
However with the fact that Sophy can infact tie with 214 K, on hit, means in itself that she is at Even or better.

-EDIT-
I SOUND LIKE A TOTAL ASS! But I don't mean it man. I just can't find any better words to say right now. I blame my mood.

ok so about CH SW 44a CL 4b 5 hit is it inescapable becuase if they stay grounded they get hit and if they tech they get hitso what if they stay grounded a bit and then get up do they still get hit it seems that this would be a VERY nice and flashy combo to put in my arsenal I've decided to start ivy and hopefully the ivy community is a nice one.

First off, welcome. :] I commend you for trying to pick up Ivy.

Second, its hard to land CH 44A, and that if it does land, I believe that the biggest damage off it is SW CH 44A ~ CL 4B ~ WP 66A+B. Much easier to do with more damage. Idk the damage if they tech during a 5hit, but I do know that WP 66A+B hits for (near) max damage after the CL 4B stun headspin.

The 5 hit is usually safely used during WP NH 3 ~ 5hit or WP CH 3 ~ SE K ~ 5hit. You can also use it as a replacement to SE BBB, granted you have its execution down near perfect.

It is all good sir. I don't take offense to correct criticism. If I'm fighting against the best at evo, I could use all the tools I can get and I can't afford to be ignorant.

hehe... a little trick i figured out awhile ago... you can enter into SE after throw from CL, even if the throw whiffs. also, if you change into CL during throw, it still works! it's an interesting tech trap, use at your own discression.

hehe... a little trick i figured out awhile ago... you can enter into SE after throw from CL, even if the throw whiffs. also, if you change into CL during throw, it still works! it's an interesting tech trap, use at your own discression.

I think that more or less just falls under the general ability to change into SE from CL during the last frames of any move, including throws.

I think that more or less just falls under the general ability to change into SE from CL during the last frames of any move, including throws.

true... but when used right, you can move from SW or WP to SE in one move by doing: throw -> buffer stance change -> SE. This is also the same as re-enter SE after SE BBB or similar moves (which i'd been doing since last year). it just gives you more options after the opponent falls... SE A+K as tech trap or SE BBB if the opponent don't wake up and likes to roll around...

true... but when used right, you can move from SW or WP to SE in one move by doing: throw -> buffer stance change -> SE. This is also the same as re-enter SE after SE BBB or similar moves (which i'd been doing since last year). it just gives you more options after the opponent falls... SE A+K as tech trap or SE BBB if the opponent don't wake up and likes to roll around...

Generally, the manual SE animation takes a while, say especially after a throw. The problem is when committed going into SE, it runs the risk of getting countered if the opponent decides to jump attack instantly even after throw. And while u are going into SE, during that time ur opponent may have rolled 90 degrees around u already as u start SE B. I personally dont like SE B as much as its track got nerfed and I wouldnt want the last hit to miss because the opponent rolled correctly. SE B series is kinda like a last resort when stuck in SE to exit safely while giving some space tho ofcos its only -15 safe. Even a fast transition like WP 44[A] on hit > SE B isnt gurranteed at *certain close range*, the first hit could miss and be teched. WTF.

Outside of SE she gets more choices: SW214K(close), SW 2B+K (midrange), CL 22_88B (close), CL 1A (close), WP 1AA (far).

The thing is ivy doesnt have a Mitsu 1A which is gurranteed to hit rollers while being a good offense move.

Before ruling out SE B itself, big chars might have trouble rolling out of them. Tho how effective...

i see what you're saying Davo. as i don't fight much people other then online, maybe SEBBB is easier to get out of than i originally thought. i do remember a few people try to jump attack or low guard after the got grounded, but i'd just catch them with SE BBB. but still, i actually don't remember seeing people rolling out of my SEBBB follow up, at least not all of it. because i know that the first and third hit has slightly longer reach than the second hit. also, the third hit seems to have better tracking (or it can re-track) than the first two.

As if SE wasn't bad enough... it seems that it's not only possible to go under SE A+B UB with super TC moves... you can avoid the UB by simply jumping in the air at the right moment.... <a moment of silence>

Back