Setsuka - Q&A Thread

As fast as you can. That's all there is to it. I can rarely do it on a ps3 pad, I've started using usb saturn controller for Sets. And BOY, it makes a huge difference on doing slides and d-pad rolls.

My friend tried umbrella for the first time on analog and he gets JFU a lot more now. if anything its much easier to use the analog for quarter circle movents. Me and Vivoco were fighting last night and we decided to work on WD (wavedash ) avoiding and approaching. So how you would WD on a pad is beyond my imagination

I don't really see how the analog stick would affect whether or not you get the JF at all. If you can't do the 2143 you aren't getting any umbrella.

Wavedashing is actually pretty easy on the d-pad. Ideally you don't really roll quarter circles on pad; you slide input something like 26. Since you have less distance to cover it's actually easier to do.

need some help on the speed of the slide for JF umbrella, usually only comes out in combos, but even have trouble on it with just FC3aB, but i can do iMCF more consistently..... any help?

You pretty much have to feather it, as much as you can really do that on a pad. You have to release A then hit B in the one frame window.

I don't really see how the analog stick would affect whether or not you get the JF at all. If you can't do the 2143 you aren't getting any umbrella.

Wavedashing is actually pretty easy on the d-pad. Ideally you don't really roll quarter circles on pad; you slide input something like 26. Since you have less distance to cover it's actually easier to do.

IDK he's definitely getting the JF A LOT more then before. Anyways it seems weird that i can get two speed JF's ( a:G:b ) but not a:b for JFU :'(

can any one give me a reason to use 2143 B:B? jf/non-jf umbrella seem to be the better option in every respect. am i missing something?

I'm not sure if this was answered already, but how come I never saw a setsuka online?

Look me up, I'm a [good] Setsuka player. I can do Setsuka's BB, 1A:A:A, and everything in between..... except JF agB, damn that move to Hell.

2A+B on airbone

I saw on a video when she do 2A+B on a airborne oppenent,it seem to stun when he hit the ground, but I try it many time it doest work for me...is it just me or anyone else?

I'm experimenting with Setsuka, and I'm having problems consistently executing 214~3aB (not even the JF) from even a simple standing position. I'm hoping one of you more experienced Sets players may be able to help me make a mental note for my practice.

Would you say the movement is more like:

#1) 214, 3+a, B (3 and "a" simultaneous); or

#2) 214, 3, a, B (3 then "a" in rapid sequence); or

#3) you're way off, Cricket. It's more like ...

I wind up with 214~3B most of the time. Since SC4 doesn't allow to me to see a record of my inputs in training, I'm having a hard time determining where my "a" timing is off.

Thanks ahead of time.

try doing the 2143 B:B and 2143 A+B moves to make sure your getting the 2143 bit right. as for thr aB , as long as youre sliding the input and not 'pressing' the buttons, this shouldnt be a problem. just practice, youll be spamming jf's in no time.

The 2143 seems to be working OK, as I can pull out the B:B and A+B variations. Does the aB slide need to be input faster off of 214 than FC 3? (not for JF, I'll get there eventually - just a regular umbrella for now)

I have a feeling new finger-tip callouses are in my future should I continue down the Setsuka path. Back to practice. Thanks again.

I'm experimenting with Setsuka, and I'm having problems consistently executing 214~3aB (not even the JF) from even a simple standing position. I'm hoping one of you more experienced Sets players may be able to help me make a mental note for my practice.

Would you say the movement is more like:

#1) 214, 3+a, B (3 and "a" simultaneous); or

#2) 214, 3, a, B (3 then "a" in rapid sequence); or

#3) you're way off, Cricket. It's more like ...

I wind up with 214~3B most of the time. Since SC4 doesn't allow to me to see a record of my inputs in training, I'm having a hard time determining where my "a" timing is off.

Thanks ahead of time.

#2 is the better way because if you do 3+a, and you accidentally hit the a before the 3, the move will mess up. Just be conscious of your thumb rolling the 2143, and as soon as you are aware that your thumb is in the 3 position, slide aB as fast as you can.

Been working this out and meeting with better results from the #2 method (focusing on hitting 3 before "a"). Also, I've stopped trying to tap the slides (I use an arcade stick), and actually ... well slide the commands, which helps immensely. Even busting out the JF about 25% of the time, too.

Time to develop speed/consistency/finger stress injuries. I appreciate your help, guys. Take care.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or rather if someone found this out, but I think that aG:B can evidently shut down Taki's 214~214 or 236 set ups. Granted you have to react really fast, but I pulled it off against the CPU in training. I know I can probably just 8K her out of it, since it's much safer and granted easier to perform but couldn't aG:B work? Or is that just hopeful thinking on my part? lol. Because it leaves Sets with some pretty good set ups. Or should I just stop playing Sets altogether? lol. I'm kidding about the last part, lol.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or rather if someone found this out, but I think that aG:B can evidently shut down Taki's 214~214 or 236 set ups. Granted you have to react really fast, but I pulled it off against the CPU in training. I know I can probably just 8K her out of it, since it's much safer and granted easier to perform but couldn't aG:B work? Or is that just hopeful thinking on my part? lol. Because it leaves Sets with some pretty good set ups. Or should I just stop playing Sets altogether? lol. I'm kidding about the last part, lol.

You could aG:B taki when she goes into her stances, but you have to be aware that she can also side-step out of them. If you try to aG:B on reaction and guess wrong, you're going to take some punishment for it and sometimes getting punished by taki can last for a really long time :(. Luckily enough, taki doesn't put out much damage so i'm almost willing to say go for it. The reward could be greater than the loss.

But if you're looking to interrupt that move. Just wait for her to do something. If she attacks from the air, she only has two real options. Either a B attack or an A attack. If you see the A attack, jump it, if you see the B attack Mirror blade the shit out of that taki player so they won't keep trying it. Or, if she's on the ground. JF-Umbrella wins out everytime. Even if she tries to side-step out of her stance, it clips her and still does full damage.

Ok, just looking for advice on pulling of setsuka's 214B+G 214~3aB. I only manage to get it sometimes but most of the time, i just get moves i aint trying to do to come out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx

You can do it by hitting umbrella as she pulls her sword off from the last hit or go her voice. I don't remember what she says, but I always hit umbrella exactly as she finishes speaking.

Im just starting Setsuka and I have NO idea how to do agB

if you have default controller setting like me then slide Ag and hit L2 =P

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx

i usually buffer umbrella on the 5th slice i think =) tho i maybe wrong lol

Back