Setsuka Videos

thanks for the tips :) really I have much to learn even, good videos, and sorry for interrupt with Amy on the Setsuka's theme >.< saludos!

Thank you Belial, you are right, I'm really happy that you comment my videos, it really helps me!

The next time I'm going to try to use all you've teched me now, I just want to say one thing, when I make FC 3B on punishment, I was really trying to do FC 3aB, but I always do it wrong, I don't have yet a good timing for punish Amy's 2B+K with FC 3aB, but I think is only more practice what I need, and you are right too when you said that a non JF Setsuka can be more effective than a Setsuka than only wants to be flashy like mine xD, but I looooove to be flashy! Setsuka is so stylish that I can't leave my flashy chip off when I go with her xD, but I will try to do it U.U, more mix-up with 1AAA, more step, empower my post-GI game and good punishments! got it! thanks! I really thought that I did more mistakes!

Btw it's offtopic, but do you know about the other spanish players? I remember they were very nice people like Aivan and Takira !!

Just a quick offtopic: Hi Maxou! you can find the other Spanish players at the new website and Spanish Soulcalibur forum: www.soulcalibur.es. There is a brand new Multilanguage sub-forum for english spoken. :)

I think Takira is already out of SoulCalibur 4. He doesn't like new SC system. :S

Hi there !

Videos coming soon.
Not videos of the gnouz tournament, where I played very badly against Docvizzo (I am so disapointed with me right now), but videos of the previous training sessions : against a very good raph (an unknown character to me, and it was against the best raph fr named Gohan), the winner of the gnouz ranking (=scud), the second setsuka in france (=obi, we discussed of his vids against malek previously), against Tresto (best fr Amy) and perhaps against more players but I don't remember.

Thank you guys ! I am glad you like the vids. Tips and critics would be much welcomed !
As I said, normally more will come soon.

It is very interesting to see vids of yourself since it allows you to see where your mistakes are.
Although this is a match up I know, I will change some things in my game against Ivy now I saw the vids...

Tips and critics would be much welcomed !
33B 33B 33B is that all you can? hmm xD

Although this is a match up I know
And just when I was about to say that I'll forgive you b/c you dont seem to know the matchup... oh xDD

Eheh... no point taunting you - it seems I wont be making it to Cannes. Well, actually it seems I'm done with Videogames ... but ... video like this, makes me want to pick it up maybe. Even though its not likely to happen It's still great to see some top quality vids from you guys. I really miss you all! Please record more vids next time. ^_^

33B 33B 33B is that all you can? hmm xD

And just when I was about to say that I'll forgive you b/c you dont seem to know the matchup... oh xDD

Eheh... no point taunting you - it seems I wont be making it to Cannes. Well, actually it seems I'm done with Videogames ... but ... video like this, makes me want to pick it up maybe. Even though its not likely to happen It's still great to see some top quality vids from you guys. I really miss you all! Please record more vids next time. ^_^

33B is the most broken move of Setsuka, why shouldn't I do it ? ;)
And don't worry, I know the match up, although I made various mistakes that I'll correct next time.

BELIAL : WHAT ?? You RUN AWAY FROM ME ??? My revenge ... nooooo...
More seriously, what's happening? Cannes without you wouldn't be the same !!! ... we can continue this discussion with PM if you want.

Hey guys- Online casuals are the best ever!!

Ok, so they're not, but they're against Ramon and don't have much laggy fun, so be happy in finally seeing what I can do in lag, rofl.

Nice setsuka destinish. Although it's a shame we could feel it was online play.

Here's more vids of me :
Tresto (Amy) 2 - 5 Maxou (Setsuka) :

Obi (Setsuka) 1 - 5 Maxou (Setsuka) :

Gohan (Raphael) 5 - 4 Maxou (Setsuka) :

Saw the vids, Max, and nice use of A+K B against Amy!

Currently watching the ones against Raph. What are your opinions on that match up? I've only saw one of the whole vids (and honestly didn't pay too much attention). I would think that his range would negate some of the advantage Sets has over must of the cast (her ability to attack from far range with low disadvantage on block and good pushback, helping to limit the options for retaliation). In addition to that, I'm not too sure how well her stepping game is against him. Either way, what do you think?

Yeah A+K B is one of the glorious 3 moves against amy. Funny thing is I had LOT of Amy experience at the start of the game but I forgot everything since it's been so long I didn't play against her. I only got my real game against her back at the start of the 6th match against tresto. The match afterwards weren't recorded and it's a shame since I got a real anti amy game after the FT5.
Setsuka is one of the rare bad matchup for Amy since Setsuka has devastating throws, damage, good range, insane reward out of a step AND the glorious 3 moves that'll prevent her from doing much shenaningans : 214~3B:B / 11A / A+K B.

About Raph... I don't know at all ! That was my first raph encounter haha and I only knew (but didn't have the reflex to do so) how to counter prep. Gohan is probably the best raph FR, and furthermore he is Obi sparring partner ! So he knew Setsuka quite well. Very interesting matches and I am pretty happy I could get 4 match out of him.

I am taking advice on this match up, if you have good critic and comments please say so !

Though my opinion is that I felt that the match up is for Setsuka, I saw I made a lot of mistakes (could punish 33KB with 236~3B for exemple, or I stepped in the wrong direction and took hits stupidly, or I thought only the B throw could RO but the A throw can RO too on the right side haha) and it was kinda close... but Raph is far from being a bad character, I'd advice caution on this match up ;)

Splitting the offline matches from the online matches post, and adding a couple more from that terrible session

And here they are-

Woo, I was really not playing all too well. Punished like no lows, and a lot of my combos got messed up. D: Eventually, we'll get better ones than these.

O.O oh dear god let the flaming begin :P

btw match 6 is the best. man oh man i need to not rely on shield bash so much. also cassy 236~214 needs a bigger AGI window.

edit...nonono i take that back. match 5 with jorn's final warning included is the best.

I have no gentle way to say this, I am sorry. Kinda disapointing. I disliked the vids.
MtgFinest : please use more throws (dash in with 236 if you're not at the correct range), please use more step, please use real punitions (you punishes impressively -14 moves with 44B+K or umbrella but why when you block iGDR do you do 214~3BB? ... when B+K 61B 44B+K is free...), please attack, please do SOMETHING !
From what I could see, it just looked like you just stand there blocking and here and there throwing a random B moves... and it's not like the Cervy was good, there were a lot of failed combos, and it clearly showed S-U wasn't natural with it ...

Mvg is one of the best Sc4 player ive had the pleasure of knowing he also my good friend. It's nice to see his setsuka offline i would love to play him. Like i said mvg is great player and a very nice person to know.

Back