Setsuka's Lounge

Setsuka Lounge

Good, you should.. then you wouldn't complain about your thumbs so often.

You just have vehement animosity towards my turtle Setsuka.

Don't hate on the grandeur of how amazing I am. It is a spectacle of pure awesome. And with these mittens, my power will increase exponentially in ways the human mind cannot comprehend.

Setsuka Lounge

i met some guy who was TOTALLY convinced that I was using a rigged controller since I kept pulling off her just frames. Kinda makes me feel good inside since there was no rigged controller. I don't even know how you can rig a controller to time your moves for you or input the buttons as fast as possible.

dumbass XD

Setsuka Lounge

Not really a dumbass, there are controllers of some kind being sold that let you register inputs of your choice on a button. You can register a whole combo with that.

Setsuka Lounge

As far as the thumb-hurting goes, I began to wear cotton gloves on my right hand about 7 months ago due to the heavy use of slide inputs and lot´s of quarter circles. I must admit that they´ve become handy in the long run. They´re not even expensive.

My JF rate with 1B:B, 2143B:B, 1A:A:A, BT B+K:B is about 70-80% but that´s offline. I can´t hit a single JF online...

a:G:B should be in the same category, but I don´t use it very often. JF Umbrella after A+KB is about 50% currently, which is bad.

Due to my laziness and no offline-competition or any players here in my area, I´ve been getting rusty over the last 2 months. The release of my Arcade Stick has been moved until the end of June, which is a real pain considering that the Nationals will be hold at the end of July...

Setsuka Lounge

we all know that setsuka's A+B counter count is no longer reset after each round in SC IV. but i think i just had my count reset after performing a critical finish. (i had GIed several times before that and soul crushed by JIing twice in a row.)
has anybody else experienced this before?

Setsuka Lounge

hm, i tested it today. i must have accidentally pressed some direction buttons or something.
i was totally wrong about the critical finish reset.

Lady Snowblood

There is a setsuka player on PSN named Lady Snowflower, she's pretty deadly. I'm sure she got her name, and her character design, from the movie.

Also, but movies are posted on youtube and are available all over the internet for download. But supporting the people who made the movie is cool to.

The Lounge

I'll be cleaning up this place a bit in a few days. Threads will be deleted (the nonsensical ones) or moved to their relevant areas.

Just an FYI.

Returning to Sets!

oh how I've missed thee! lol, went back to setsuka since Ive moved to a stick and

wow.. for some reason my execution jumped tremendously! I'd forgotten how much fun she was to play! First night back with sexy sets and I executed 1a:A:a in a match twice! i know i know.. noob..lol but thats great for me. her commands broke my fingers on a pad and I just went back to her on a stick. actually I was able to pull off all of her jf moves in my matches (except for a:G:b which im not sure where to even work in anymore). good stuff, i'd forgotten how fast she is.. great interrupts, not to mention, A+B counter actually got worked in and charged up! HA! I just couldnt remember all of her followups / combos / and punishes lol. it will come back, just excited she decided to work again.

silly sets you, our affair begins! only got the JF umbrella once.. but more practice to come. trying to remember her poke and pressure strings, frame traps etc, not to mention character specific strats, hence my return to browsing the sets forums. Good to be back.. look forward to my secret love affair with the umbrella wielding assassin!

Back