Sieg vs Hilde

kPc

[09] Warrior
Alright after lots and lots of practice vs hilde I have found a few things for sieg to be a contender.

a+kA:2A- THIS SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN GO TO MOVE AGAINST HER!!!! She has absolutely nothing to punish this move with, covers great distance against her, if c3 A is performed at the same time a+kA:2A is done, i believe the latter wins (was trying to time it). I also believe it will interrupt c3 B but can someone test it out as well? This move seems to be god against her

I see alot of hildes do c3 B then if blocked go right for c3 A, try to B+K the A although it is risky, if you can do it great if not, i recommend something else

always step to your left, though because sieg doesnt have that great of a step its still alittle difficult to step the c3 B but if your timing is right 8B+K should do the trick then SCH B is yours

strangely enough I have been having success with 66B (yes c3 A can aGI but I dont know about her punishing, will test out later, but this move will SS c3 B.) and SBH A+B (like a+kA:2A, cant be aGId and I dont think she can punish)

someone plz confirm.

Don't rely on that too much. Hilde might not be able to punish it on block, but what about on whiff? you can jump lows don't forget. You're talking about an aggressive Hilde who uses C3A after C3B, but what about a defensive Hilde player like Ceirnian? the A+K will get eaten by C3A's aGI. The rest of it doesn't matter if the first is dealt with... I understand this type of strategy will work against new Hilde players who have got the doom combo, and understand the basics, but against a player who understands Hilde - C3B is stepable so we're going to not be predictable with it. It gives negative frames on block which means we will spend the 8 frames of disadvantage looking for movement and gauging what movement it is. Your idea works in theory (as do my counters) but remember that it's still the better player who will win most of the time, regardless of whether it's Hilde vs Sieg or Rock vs Sophi.

your over looking something,

a+kA:2A is just a single low not a high into a low, c3 A will not aGI it and my low will beat out your c3 A (I think, then again I might have been timing it wrong, will have to re-test), the moment you start trying to jump....well thats where the mind games come in sir, now I can get started on my offensive.

about the whiffing, yes c3 B has great range but a+kA:2A is nothing to laugh about. its range is very good for a horizontal low and players should be throwing it out past mid range. I`m not saying throw it out over and over, got to be smart about it.

everything I have mentioned is just tools for a seasoned sieg that has problems with a hilde, these should not be used unwisely and just like you hilde players, siegs should look for openings and time everything just right and also- now we are talking about the better player will win which is alot better than hearing "Hilde destroys sieg", so progress is being made.

Alright after lots and lots of practice vs hilde I have found a few things for sieg to be a contender.

a+kA:2A- THIS SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN GO TO MOVE AGAINST HER!!!! She has absolutely nothing to punish this move with, covers great distance against her, if c3 A is performed at the same time a+kA:2A is done, i believe the latter wins (was trying to time it). I also believe it will interrupt c3 B but can someone test it out as well? This move seems to be god against her

Heh heh heh.

BTW, you should tell the mod to merge all this vs threads into one huge anti-character thread. Seems like noone made it yet.

yea yea yea you were right nikkelz, the move is alot better than I thought it would be =p. Thought it was unsafer than it was, its now one of my top moves. 1 for you.

also- I dont know the whole merging thing is a good idea, then people would have to fish through all the characters they dont play just to find the anti-character they are looking for. I think its just better to keep anti strats in character specific threads.

Range makes 1K troublesome to use vs her, 4K would forever be gold, and one of Sieg's best moves. I whore that vs everyone linear or not.

One of these days i'll organize this forum to make it a lot easier to navigate around. Sorry about that, I've been quite busy =/

Don't rely on that too much. Hilde might not be able to punish it on block, but what about on whiff? you can jump lows don't forget. You're talking about an aggressive Hilde who uses C3A after C3B, but what about a defensive Hilde player like Ceirnian? the A+K will get eaten by C3A's aGI. The rest of it doesn't matter if the first is dealt with... I understand this type of strategy will work against new Hilde players who have got the doom combo, and understand the basics, but against a player who understands Hilde - C3B is stepable so we're going to not be predictable with it. It gives negative frames on block which means we will spend the 8 frames of disadvantage looking for movement and gauging what movement it is. Your idea works in theory (as do my counters) but remember that it's still the better player who will win most of the time, regardless of whether it's Hilde vs Sieg or Rock vs Sophi.

lol! I like the fact that you referenced matches that we have on a frequent basis

Definitely use a lot of kicks. 4K is awesome, but be careful if you use it too much because Hilde can step it fairly easily. I actually prefer 3K if they are stepping a lot and I'm worried about auto-GI's. Don't forget to throw as well, because Sieg has that trusty vacuum effect on his throws. I've also found 88 to be quite useful when you've got your back to the edge of the ring, because the in built step combined with how far Hilde advances while using charge moves often leads to a RO.

Just for an example I will show this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=dBmFsq2hj7I>> This was my first match ever against Hilde and it was in a tournament, I was doing exactly the same that is posted here, and I never realized till I compare the post with my match... but I really hate that match, cause somebody told me to change the character clothes for Hilde and Siegfried (just to make the fight more "cool" for streaming purposes, but it could help me to choose by luck another worst suited for RO stage) but I was too concentrated to think about the easy RO moves on Hilde that I thought in that moment that was very difficult to do to repeat every time the opponent wants. I was very wrong and I did a very high pay for my mistake... that was the fight that could send me to fight for the 3rd place or higher in that tournament.

I have no regrets about the characters that "game over" me on that tournament, was the best Hilde in my country to loosers and the best Amy in my country to declassification.

-Stryker-

PD: I think no Hilde in the planet can beat me in a closed stage... just for annotations.

Back