Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the main overall difference to Siegfried's gameplay in SCV as opposed to SCIV? First impressions he seems a bit slower in some moves but faster in others, certain moves replaced others in inputs. Is he better or worse? At least on a day 1 perspective

Btw: I'm back..for real, if anyone knew me around here.

Ah you were right panto, I forgot to put it on tech but there is something about 6k, if they tech left, its a free 3B, if they tech right its a free 1K, so my advice would be to see which way the opponent likes to tech. And my fault about 4b, my friend was punishing too slow

One thing that's awfully weird to me is the whole GI thing... It seems you can't just chuck em out anymore. Only after certain moves Siegfried GI's while using them? Someone help this scrub figure it out! lol

66A GIs A's same with Base Hold (it isn't reliable) and back turned CH still GI verticals it's just not that reliable. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. I never really tried GIs anyways I always thought they where too risky imo.

Ill have the game in my hands in an hour or so, so ill be able to test whatever you want. Also ill try to get a, as close to complete as possible, frame data like in sc4.

Oh, that's just a side question (meaning It's not like I have high expectations for this) but is 236B still total crap ?

Oh, that's just a side question (meaning It's not like I have high expectations for this) but is 236B still total crap ?
yeah, it's the same as it has been...also, about the patch, did Namco release any notes with it? Did they actually do something with character balance and also remove some of Sieg's nerfs?

yeah, it's the same as it has been...also, about the patch, did Namco release any notes with it? Did they actually do something with character balance and also remove some of Sieg's nerfs?

I didn't see any patch notes, but I'm winning online at about the same rate as I was in SC4. Which I have to pat myself on the back for, because I'm still adjusting to the "new" Sieg.

Has anyone tried the online? I'm reading positive comments about it, but my past experience with the netcode of SC IV/T5DR/T6 wasn't great. Still trying to decide about buying the game this week. Not liking those nerfs with Sieg. Regards to everyone, waiting from more ICE and Scharja impressions :)

I like it so far. Haven't seen any opponents below 4 bars. Your mileage may vary, but if you use the Global Colloseo you can probably find a lobby that's close to you geographically. That ought to cut down on any excessive lag.

I see that the SBH doesnt GI throws/kicks, much like sc4.

So my first impressions about Sieg and the game:
WHY did they remove so many moves?? Its kinda sad to see that they are taking steps backwards in terms of movelists. I mean why no A+B from ALL the stances. No from SCH, sucks hard imo.

Now the game seems pretty nice with more options added. Havent played much yet to be 100% sure of what im talkin about, but i can say that i hope the Just guard is really hard to do (unlike Aris said in his video) or i strongly believe it will destroy that game.
The only change i dont like AT ALL is that you cant do instant 8wayrun moves without getting any movement and this resaults to less combos. For ex. Sieg's 44A, 11 sc4 combo isnt working because of that. Anyone else noticed that?

How in the hell are you supposed to use 2KKKKK? It pushes back and I rarely get three, if even two, hits out of it.
well it works in combos off wallsplats, but thats the only time i ever have gotten all the hits. even then it whiffs randomly at weird angles.

well it works in combos off wallsplats, but thats the only time i ever have gotten all the hits. even then it whiffs randomly at weird angles.

1B ~ W! ~ 2KKKKK isn't a combo anymore either. I was so mad when I tried that and got blocked.

1B ~ W! ~ 2KKKKK isn't a combo anymore either. I was so mad when I tried that and got blocked.
yea you have to hit them before they hit the ground. so like 3A 2KKKKK will get them while they're standing up and thay'll fall down with "ow! my foot!" stun. of course it whiffs sometimes too.

Has anyone else noticed that there are a couple of different timings for B4? Coming from older SC's, we've been programmed to perform it ASAP, especially with the jf version. I accidentally did it pretty late today, and if you do it near the last frame possible, it comes out significantly faster. Will add more after I test tomorrow.

It is the same since sc2 (not sure about sc1). Now that the jf version is gone that should be the best way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back