Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea! why don't we wait till the patch is out, then try it and come back here? I mean what's the point in all this crying? we only have some details, we don't have a frame data and since almost all the characters were nerfed we might have more chances now. So let's take this new Sieg to the lab and see what we can do, must of us have been using him since SE xD and we have always come up with solutions for bad MU, even on SC4 were I lost all hope, I saw Panto kicking everyone ass and all my faith was restore :D

As far as the changes go, I was disappointed to see there were no buffs, but knowing PS's treatment of Sieg it could've been worse. It always can, thats at least one thing to stay positive about. But what worries me more than the actual lack of buffs to Sieg is the fact that the devs REALLY think he's that good that he needed to be downgraded(no matter how minor) without ANY tradeoff. Clearly they are on a completely different page than pretty much the entire SC community. I'm still kinda in disbelief and am hoping that somehow when the patch is released, by some miracle this all would have been some cruel joke and he'd at least have whiffing issues fixed... Instead he has one more move that'll whiff. I'd make some joke about the difficulty of winning with Sieg having a direct correlation to manliness, but my heart's not even in it right now. [/rant]

Wait who was crying? Im actually pretty happy.

Im like IceColdEdge, not seeing what is just inherently bad about Siegfried even at release. Yeah we'll be seeing a lot more backdash~4B+K

Makes for a better player but if you feel the character isn't working out play someone else. I haven't had as many problems with whiffing (it has popped up however.)

I remain optimistic about this patch because like Chaos said, a hard nerf to some of our less than good matchups means we are indirectly buffed.

- B4 won't break in 6 blocks but maybe it'll break in something like 10 blocks, and if that's the case, the move is still really good and you still get your +10 frames and all your variant speed shenanigans.

- 2A+B never seemed that great of an Oki option up close to me anyhow given the speed of the move, I personally won't miss this option terribly. We still have 1K, 3B, and stuff like 22kA:2A.

- For all we know 22A still has usable tech crouch frames. It's still a safe horizontal mid.... I mean good lord, Sieg doesn't get one of these EVER, not in SC3 or SC4 (I think NM in SC2 had SSH bA which was close).

Also guys with the system changes, characters will have to play a more committed game, Sieg players have always played with committed options. Which is weird way makes me feel we're prepared for the type of game that Namco wants us to play.

Top tier :
Alpha : Buff
Cervantes : Buff
Mitsu : Light nerf
Omega : light nerf

Low tier
Siegfried : medium nerf
True there are exceptions but overall it is not wrong to say that toptiers got nerfed hard. I for one can't understand the cervy buff thats for sure but i really think the 236 B nerf is a huge hit to omegas/pyhrra's game. Anyhow if you put that move on light nerf than siegs is light as well, imo.

True there are exceptions but overall it is not wrong to say that toptiers got nerfed hard. I for one can't understand the cervy buff thats for sure but i really think the 236 B nerf is a huge hit to omegas/pyhrra's game. Anyhow if you put that move on light nerf than siegs is light as well, imo.
Mmmm agreed that Sieg's was only light still the fact he was nerfed at all was a little dissapointing ah well still Sieg vs Alpha Pat is such an uphill battle played my friends Alpha Pat a fair bit i won slightly over half the games but if you make one bad mistake you get punished into oblivion without even needing meter and he got buffed I don't get it lol.

Top tier :
Alpha : Buff
Cervantes : Buff
Mitsu : Light nerf
Omega : light nerf

Low tier
Siegfried : medium nerf

It is mitsurugi who got a medium nerf and Sieg who got a light nerf. I would say nothing about that patch (though I wont hide that I was ready to throw that game out of my window when I heard Sieg is going to be nerfed) If only that idiotic bitches with shield got a solid nerf like they deserve. The rest is ok with me.

All in all i found that the patch went in the right direction with every char. The only thing i found really wrong are alpha buffs, cervy buffs and algol buffs (Btw how do you all think about those two? I really thought them to be two of the best chars in the game tbh). Maybe to a certain degree Hilde buffs but she got nerfs as well.

Ive just heard that SCV balance team does not read our tips about balance (I mean whole 8wayrun) because they dont know english. I dont know how to react. Any tips?

Can someone explain to me, why ppl thnk Sieg is weak? Doesnt seem even remotely bad to me.
*deleted*

Mitsurugi nerf is not medium, his ability to gain meter has been nerfed severely. Compare that with the fact that ability of many moves to GIVE meter to opponent has been nerfed in general, and you will no longer see those 2KB's flying.
Strangely though, I thought Mitsu would be sort of unchanged with that nerf and need more, but now it seems Namco hit the perfect spot to balance him out.

The system changes can be read as Siegfried buffs. Backstep is not incredibly safe anymore. I'll test to see what exactly this entails, but for the most part Siegfried's range might have gotten effectively bigger.

Speaking on other people's nerfs: Pyrrha/Ω 236B on block = 3(B) ~ FLY HIGH ~ jagA punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back