Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this question is bothering me for a while now, what is the best follow-up after 3A? I see as much high lvl players go for 2A+B as there are those who go for dash 3B. 2A+B kinda has a wonky hitbox while dash 3B can be a little bit strict on the timing to prevent teching but gives kinda better oki.

So all in all, which one is better?
tbh i would say it depends on what you're going for and who you're facing. if you're against a character where 3A~2A+B whiffs alot, get used to frontstep 3Bing. otherwise, i'd just 2A+B for the fact that i can safely sit in basehold from a distance and watch what my opponent does before i make my next move. but both options do the same damage, and generally result to the same situation. i just prefer the tools that are in basehold for that particular situation due to their range.

and if you think the timing is hard in this game for the 3A 3B combo, you should have seen it in SCIV. it was almost like JF timing.

anyways i wouldnt say SRSH mixup after this is all that great unless you know your opponent is not going to get up backwards.

EDIT:
SRSH K doesn't hit grounded, it will go over them if they decide to stay down. If they tech and you're in SRSH chances are they'll block the K just because they had bad memories from SCIV. I honestly wouldn't use SRSH K for anything. I'd rather take my 3A, 2(A+B), 2/8B+K, SCH B(force block). If I am to do the SRSH mix up 75% chance I'm going to do the B.
But really solo? alot of people think that way because siegfried gets such high rewards off the B. hence you can get SRSH K for free all day long. thats nothing to shrug at. free damage is free damage.

tbh i would say it depends on what you're going for and who you're facing. if you're against a character where 3A~2A+B whiffs alot, get used to frontstep 3Bing. otherwise, i'd just 2A+B for the fact that i can safely sit in basehold from a distance and watch what my opponent does before i make my next move. but both options do the same damage, and generally result to the same situation. i just prefer the tools that are in basehold for that particular situation due to their range.

and if you think the timing is hard in this game for the 3A 3B combo, you should have seen it in SCIV. it was almost like JF timing.

anyways i wouldnt say SRSH mixup after this is all that great unless you know your opponent is not going to get up backwards.
I am not saying its hard, just that there is a somewhat real chance that you might mess it up and get punished which is not something that you have to bother with 2A+B.

Honestly, being in Basehold at that range is not a position where i would like to be though tbh, SBH B and K dont reach anything and SBH A is reactable and unsafe (i use it though). If i see someone in Basehold from that far away, chances are good that he will get hit by my 66B. (like i did many times to you yesterday *keehee*)
The SCH B block sounds kinda good but then again, is it really a force block? It seems to me that in the majority of cases the opp is able to tech back (or even sidewards). Also even if they block it there is barely anything you can do with your advantage since they are out of reach.

The SCH B block sounds kinda good but then again, is it really a force block? It seems to me that in the majority of cases the opp is able to tech back (or even sidewards). Also even if they block it there is barely anything you can do with your advantage since they are out of reach.
I'm pretty sure it's not a true force block but I haven't had anyone ever hit me out of the stance. Not even good players.

I am not saying its hard, just that there is a somewhat real chance that you might mess it up and get punished which is not something that you have to bother with 2A+B.

Honestly, being in Basehold at that range is not a position where i would like to be though tbh, SBH B and K dont reach anything and SBH A is reactable and unsafe (i use it though). If i see someone in Basehold from that far away, chances are good that he will get hit by my 66B. (like i did many times to you yesterday *keehee*)
yea the SCH B isnt a true forced block

and while the SCH A is reactable, it will still kill step if you're opponent gets agressive and tries to step on wakeup, and because of range vs frames, the move will beat almost any run-up attack that most characters have in store for you. its not something to make a living off of, but if you sit back, and you watch what the opponent does, you can CH them with it for their own stupidity every once in a while.

also i dont remember eating tons of 66B yesterday =P at least not for this

So, what's the best way to really hurt people with Siegfried when they run at you while you're down (to keep you from rolling around behind them?) with the intent to follow up with a throw or vertical attack once you're back up?

So, what's the best way to really hurt people with Siegfried when they run at you while you're down (to keep you from rolling around behind them?) with the intent to follow up with a throw or vertical attack once you're back up?
depends on the situation and the character really. but if they're willing to get greedy and not lock down their oki, generally you can just CH WR B or CH WR A them all day. and its their fault if they get hit by it because it wouldnt happen in the first place if they'd just lock you down. of course that isnt always possible either.

It's actually been pretty successful against me with certain characters like Nightmare and Patroklos against whom I've learned it's certain death to come up attacking. Need to get more control over my instincts and reactions.

It's actually been pretty successful against me with certain characters like Nightmare and Patroklos against whom I've learned it's certain death to come up attacking. Need to get more control over my instincts and reactions.
you could also always try things like wakeup JG/wakeup GI, or even the notorious wakeup CE. but against those characters, in most cases its generally better to stand up and block.

DerLindwurm: Just WSB.

After 3A, sometimes do 22BB if they dont tech. or do 66B which is hard to tech. Don't bother cahsing. IMO sieg is best if you let people come to you and you keep throwing shit out.

DerLindwurm: Just WSB.
I'm not sure why that hasn't worked better for me, I've still been thrown sometimes when trying to do that. And what about Mitsurugi players who love them some 66BB? Just get back on your feet as quickly as you can?

After 3A, sometimes do 22BB if they dont tech. or do 66B which is hard to tech. Don't bother cahsing. IMO sieg is best if you let people come to you and you keep throwing shit out.
The hard part will be remembering that would be a good time to throw out 22BB when I need to. I'm starting not to use it too often otherwise because it gets stepped a lot and on wakeup it can be blocked high or low, and they tend to stay low thinking either that or 1AA might be coming.

I guess following up with WRB is usually the best thing to do from the crouch you end up in after hitting them with 66B?

And I've actually been trying to be a bit less of a battlestation with Siegfried and move around more, though I still try to let them make the first move and then respond. I just need to become a better judge of the range. A lot of times I come up short with 22_88A, 6A, agA, etc. and then they're right in my face where they want to be for free. If they're just holding back, I go for SBH A. Has knocked a lot of them out of the ring.

Also... people've been yelling at me for using "too many lows" during matches where I used lots of 22_88A and 3A. Seems like something that could be exploited if people wrongly interpret these to be low attacks.

WR AA beats Natsu's unblockable bomb! But now that I've learned to block the normal purple/pink bombs I need to stop trying to do the same against the unblockables. I react completely to the startup animation that I see and it still takes my brain too long to process all the additional cues that signal unblockable.

You could do 8B for the normal and unblockable bombs. Not 9B because Sieg will jump over Natsu when she does a normal one.
If you're on your feet, yeah, but do you mean you have time to get up and jump before it hits after you've been knocked down? I'll give it a try.

On Natsu: If you block 4A+B and she goes into Possession, 4B+K ~ SBH BBB beats every god damn thing except the (BE), which loses to generic stance shenanigans and yomi.

New Topic: How do YOU use 6K?

On Natsu: If you block 4A+B and she goes into Stalker, 4B+K ~ SBH BBB beats every god damn thing except (BE), which loses to generic stance shenanigans and yomi.

To explain the movie "300" to people who haven't seen it.

Also, edit: I thought 4A+B went into Possession?

Well, honestly...I don't really ever use it. I've replaced it with 3K and 66K, I think. I used to use it, and I just...stopped.

Should I use it?

I'm not sure. Same thing happened to me - used to use it, now I never use it. On paper it's really good.

i19
Mid
TC
20 damage (does this beat guts?)
-13 on JG (fuck you stabs)
-6 on block (!)
+4 on hit
KND on counter
Crushes in 16
TC

Not sure on the tracking, but otherwise it seems like the perfect move when you want to do a move but are reluctant to throw something like iagA out for whatever reason.

You use it against Asta for example. In my eyes the main use of this move is its TC, which is longer and more reliable than his 66K and doesn't bare the same risk as his 6B or wrB (due to the transition into a stance).

Against asta you want to be TCed as much as possible to beat his throws and 6K is good to keep the poke pressure going.

Edit: It also has longer range than his 66K, which is important too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back