Siegfried: The Whiffing (Version 1.03)

Yea mad tourneys this weekend, lol. This jpn tourney makes me wanna head over there and take their money teach them some stuff.

Alright, I think I got another one move that whiffs for no reason imo...
SRSH K ~ WR B
Everytime I do it it whiffs (WR B) and it is ridiculous since WR B goes straight through the opponent's feet/bottom.
I got that in battle and retested on Asta and Leixia...

Perhaps Namco wants us to do SRSH [K] ~ SBH B only...

Alright, I think I got another one move that whiffs for no reason imo...
SRSH K ~ WR B
Everytime I do it it whiffs (WR B) and it is ridiculous since WR B goes straight through the opponent's feet/bottom.
I got that in battle and retested on Asta and Leixia...

Perhaps Namco wants us to do SRSH [K] ~ SBH B only...
I guess the opponent is considered grounded or something. Don't know why but unlike 3B, wrB doesn't hit grounded. Maybe for balancing reasons but the whiffing looks pretty dumb imo.

WR B just doesn't hit grounded, and hasn't at any point. That would obviously be too OH-PEE. If you really want a combo that ends in SCH, though, you always have SRSH K ~ RCC ~ 3(B).

WR B just doesn't hit grounded, and hasn't at any point. That would obviously be too OH-PEE.
It didnt in old games because you were using the hilt. But now that it is the blade and passes through grounded players, shouldnt hit. Why is that too OP over being able to do it with 3B.

^Heaton was being sarcastic. I think WR B not hitting grounded is annoying too just because of how stupid it looks as a blade goes right through the middle of your opponent.

Not necessarily being sarcastic. If WR (B) hit grounded, it would literally outperform 3(B) in every single way.

True but I can't get over how stupid it looks. It messes with my head man. It's the worst whiff of all to me. >.<

Yeah, a WS vertical mid that hits grounded, tracks to both sides, and launches from so far away, sometimes follow-up is impossible wouldn't be too broken.

Yeah, a WS vertical mid that hits grounded, tracks to both sides, and launches from so far away, sometimes follow-up is impossible wouldn't be too broken.

It's not a matter of broken moves, it's a matter of 3(B) and WR (B) being distinct moves.

And a follow-up is always possible with SCH 6. Unless you're one of those scrubs that don't get counter hits.

I can see where you are going at with the distinct moves point heaton but then again the same applies to 33B which is fairly similar to 3B.

I can see where you are going at with the distinct moves point heaton but then again the same applies to 33B which is fairly similar to 3B.

That's just so you can have a launcher from QS. Siegfried isn't the only one - Algol, Astaroth, and Tira all have their 3Bs mirrored in their 33B.

True but isn't WR B there so that you can have your launcher from rising?

Yes. Now how are FC and QS different?

Put simply, this is why there are differences between 3(B) and WR (B) and not 3(B) and 33(B).

Do you aim at WR being safe while QS is not? Just out of curiosity, how fast is it humanly possible to perform iWS, framewise - i think of something like 4 or 5, is that correct?

My point is basically 3(B) has its uses, and WR (B) has its uses. Mixing them is a stupid buff and literally gives you no reason to use 3(B).

I too wouldn't want for 3(B) to become redundant but i don't see how WRB hitting grounded would cause that. iWRB is slower than 3(B) IIRC, except when you use it from FC. That makes 3B the best option from standing, 33B from QS and WRB from FC.

Granted, the move already is insanely good, so it is definitely not needed to make it better by letting it hit OTG but on the other hand, i don't see why it shouldn't. It makes the move only marginally weaker and instead of making WRB the best option from FC it forces the player to leave FC into standing for 3B in some situations. I dont think thats pretty from a design standpoint.

I agree with what your saying but I did not know that it tracks. That changes things. That would be frusterating for someone trying to roll. A pure vertical like 3B, that does hit grounded, doesnt track so it has it own applications, so it would have to be use when the grounded players move backwards. However if WR B hit grounded then why should 3B even bother. You can do a quick crouch and use it at any point, negating any need for 3B.

I agree with what your saying but I did not know that it tracks. That changes things. That would be frusterating for someone trying to roll. A pure vertical like 3B, that does hit grounded, doesnt track so it has it own applications, so it would have to be use when the grounded players move backwards. However if WR B hit grounded then why should 3B even bother. You can do a quick crouch and use it at any point, negating any need for 3B.
3B actually does track slightly to Siegfried's left. You may notice that sometimes on post-knockdown that you'll get a little mini-launch if you happen to perform a 3b in attempts to grab some grounded damage. This is because the opponent teched to the right. 3B can be used as a tech trap.

3B is also 2 frames slower than WR B. It would be quite the inconsistency if people relied only on a WR move for high intensity situations like punishment, where you must perform the move as soon as humanly possible. 3B is more consistent in that area.

3B also only stuns at tip, to which you gain no follow up. WR B launches at tip, which can under normal circumstances be followed up, but sometimes not because of its retarded range.

Both moves have their uses. Both are necessary.

Back