Siegfried: The Whiffing (Version 1.03)

Little update.
I made a post in belials thread about the B4 whiff.
Credits to Nightblade for making the video.

So one down...quite a few to go.
Again, if someone is able to make video proofs, i would really appreciate if you would take the time.

You're doing it for Siegfried :sc5sig1:

It would be awesome if someone could make a video breaking down the reason 22_88BB whiffs in combos and after sidestepping an attack. I hate getting punished for making a correct read.
EDIT: Same with SCH B and how it whiffs after dodging with SCH stance transition.

It would be awesome if someone could make a video breaking down the reason 22_88BB whiffs in combos and after sidestepping an attack. I hate getting punished for making a correct read.
EDIT: Same with SCH B and how it whiffs after dodging with SCH stance transition.
SCH B seems to whiff for the same reasons that B4 whiffs. Its very linear and some chars stand very erm "straight" (sry i am bad at describing that stuff).
Compare for example aeon to someone like patroklos. Aeon stands in a kind of ducking position with a very wide hitbox while patroklos stands very straight, so his hitbox is a lot thinner. That difference is enough for some of siegs moves to whiff in certain situations.
The best solution would probably be to make the hitboxes of those moves a tiny bit wider.

I personally would have loved to add SCH B to the list but i wasn't able to find a reliable way to reproduce its whiffing.

I second your demand for videos. I honestly would do it myself but i have no recording gear whatsoever.
Maybe nightblade again? :D

SCH B seems to whiff for the same reasons that B4 whiffs. Its very linear and some chars stand very erm "straight" (sry i am bad at describing that stuff).
Compare for example aeon to someone like patroklos. Aeon stands in a kind of ducking position with a very wide hitbox while patroklos stands very straight, so his hitbox is a lot thinner. That difference is enough for some of siegs moves to whiff in certain situations.
The best solution would probably be to make the hitboxes of those moves a tiny bit wider.

I personally would have loved to add SCH B to the list but i wasn't able to find a reliable way to reproduce its whiffing.

I second your demand for videos. I honestly would do it myself but i have no recording gear whatsoever.
Maybe nightblade again? :D

On 1P side use 2A+B, have Pyrrha block it and immediately 236B. After blocking 2A+B do 2B+K, SCH B. SCH B will not connect after the whiffed stab, you do not have enough time to do 2B+K, 4_6, SCH B. SCH A will connect, and I believe SCH K as well. SCH A is decent because of huge advantage on hit but that's pretty much it. You lose out on huge damage potential for perfect planning. Welcome to Siegfried.

On 1P side use 2A+B, have Pyrrha block it and immediately 236B. After blocking 2A+B do 2B+K, SCH B. SCH B will not connect after the whiffed stab, you do not have enough time to do 2B+K, 4_6, SCH B. SCH A will connect, and I believe SCH K as well. SCH A is decent because of huge advantage on hit but that's pretty much it. You lose out on huge damage potential for perfect planning. Welcome to Siegfried.
Oh thats a good one. Thank you very much, added.

Yeah, SCH B generally whiffs when dodging attacks that move the opponent forward due to it having 0 tracking. Same with 22_88BB. They whiff in the exact same manner.

Yeah, SCH B generally whiffs when dodging attacks that move the opponent forward due to it having 0 tracking. Same with 22_88BB. They whiff in the exact same manner.
They nerfed that move from the NEC build - as it was pretty heinous. It tracked a little too well, so they slimmed the hit boxes... quite a bit. Another classic case of knee-jerk overcompensation. I'm forcing this out, but... I'm sure they had good reason.. for it... *twitch*

Jeez, I wonder who must've been playing ZWEI against the developers back in the early builds.
ha ha ha nice one Slide; in fact to me ZWEI is pretty good, the problem here is how hard is to use it this new style of character in SC; is something similar to Hilde in SCIV, cause nobody knows how to adapt to this charging moves and stuff, but later on people start realizing the potential... with ZWEI the road have been hard to ride cause as new character no much people are interested in his deepness or his awesome setups...

But taking the subject again I would add that Siegfried is build base on damage output; 2[A+B]~SBH k+BE = ~75 dmg is something like wow, and if Soul Project would change the big damage that I could do I prefer to keep whiffing even it is annoying as hell...

Got my hands on a cam and made some videos of the whiffing glitches. Yay!
First post has been edited. However i didn't knew, that i could only upload 5 videos per post, so i will continue my initial post here.

Sorry for the low quality.
  • B4 whiffs on tip to mid range against some chars at certain angles. The input speed affects the whiffing.
  • B4 whiffs on tip to mid range against patroklos and dampierre while guarding.
    Whiffing against pat and damp on block can be seen at 2:00 and 20:40.
  • Post 1B ~ W!: A+B will whiff against smaller chars like pyhrra and leixia, when being totally perpendicular to the wall.
  • 2KKKKK whiffs. Period :P
    No video for this one. It is obvious, really.
  • SCH B whiffs at various situations, most commonly after evading with 2_8 B+K (For example: On 1P side use 2A+B, have Pyrrha block it and immediately 236B. After blocking 2A+B do 2B+K, SCH B - it will go right through her and whiff).
Edit: Posted the videos to belials thread. Now its all up to Project Soul :P
If you find more whiffing, keep posting. I will make a video.

Nana don't be so salty guys. I have faith.

Any comments on the video's?
I hope i approached them the right way. I generally first showed all the stuff working as it should (if possible) and then tried to reproduce the whiffing. I repeated every move quite a lot to show how likely the whiffing occurs and also used them from different angles and positions (like in the 2A+B video), hence the repetitiveness. I hope the quality is acceptable.

I'm still laughing at the fact 22BB whiffs against 22BB. Lol
Yes i will get to that today. I plan on doing this one compilation-like.
However i forgot that there are quite some juicy tourneys today, so expect some slacking from my side lol.

Yes i will get to that today. I plan on doing this one compilation-like.
However i forgot that there are quite some juicy tourneys today, so expect some slacking from my side lol.
Don't worry about it no need to rush it.

Back