Smash You To Pieces: The Throw Thread

Enemy moves that can be caught by 82B+G

sorry slightly off topic but whilst we're talking about humuliation, i found out yesterday whilst playing around with cervy that you can catch him out of psycho crusher with PT. the timing is pretty hard but it looks funny as hell :p

haha, i set my friend up for 28B+G off of a yoshi UB yesterday online :P
then he stopped doing it :(

Enemy moves that can be caught by 28B+G

I had a funny 28B+G moment last night.

I was playing a Mitsurugi player who started the match with the move where he leaps high into the air, somersaults forwards and comes crashing down with his sword.

I noticed he started doing it predictably and repeately after certain moves. So I pushed him to the ring edge and set him up, predicting his leap, and WHAM! Perfect 28B+G and a bonus ring out!

He went into insane mode after that and I lost the match. But it was worth it for that single move lo.

Enemy moves that can be interrupted by crouch throws.

This thread is dedicated to discovering and discussing opponent moves that can be interrupted by the simple crouch throw. That is:

2A+G
2B+G
3A+G
3B+G

I will continuously edit this first post as info comes in. And I will give credit where due.

i did a quick test before i disappear :P
u can interrupt mitsurugi, cassy and sophie's 1A if u can guess that they are doing it.
it's probably not possible to do it on reaction. you can probably get 3a+g/b+g on reaction as it jumps the low, then crouch grabs them.
on cassy's blocked 1A, u get guaranteed crouch grab situation <.<
if sophie wiffs the first part of 236A,A, u get air grab or crouch grab :P but crouch grab is harder to time.

off the top of my head:

--sophie--

236, 236236
can be low grabbed

236236aa
can low grab after first hit.

4aaa
can low grab after first hit.

--lizardman--

crwl
can low crab anything in this stance.

44A+b,b
you can low grab him when he lands, as he ducks for a split second

--taki--

B+K
can be low grabbed

--asta--

you can low grab as he starts this move, you need to predict but its good vs people who abuse it

again grab as this move starts, timing is hard for this one though.

4b+k
use 3a+g, they will probs break out the other with b spam

1[a],a_b
leap over 1[a] with 3a+G_B+G. i wouldnt really advise it though as theres a high chance they will break out of it due to button spam :p, and theres better punishing options.

1b
can low grab on whiff or block

--amy--

3ba
3a+g_B+G after first hit

6b+k
low grab on whiff

2a+b
low grab on block

4a+b
you can low grab during the last part of this unblockable

I don't know the button inputs, but Mitsurugi's unblockable where he crouches and does a spin slash of some sort can be interrupted.

Voldo can be low grabbed out of his mantis stance. i haven't tested the landfish stance yet, but i would guess yes if it can grab lizzy out of his stance. Might break grab due to spam

I have caught rigel with crough throws when he went to do 236B with cassy i am not sure if it was a glitch or not , but it happened. She does duck but the move does not tech crouch. I have caught mitsu ducking in rune stance and grabbed him. THANKS FOR THE AMY TIP JESUS THAT WILL HELP.

--lizardman--

crwl
can low crab anything in this stance.

With the lizard you have an easy guarantied crouch throw if you block his air attack (high).

With the lizard you have an easy guarantied crouch throw if you block his air attack (high).

posting against my lizard!!!! you're evil!!! nah jus kiddin, good stuff ... that jumping air roll is a mid actually (LC B)

... that amy info is beautiful ... didn't think of that

I have a new one which all you Asta player MUST know.

ZASALAMEL
4+B+K - This is Zasalamel's unblockable that has ridiculous tracking ability. It hits three times up close. If Zas tries this on you at long-mid to long range you can grab him with the 28B+G. At long-mid to long range the first two hits miss then he turns and leaps into the 3rd hit (which will track you even if you sidestep). You need to time the 28B+G to catch Zas in the leap. The timing is very easy and you should punish Zas 100% of the time trying this stupid move on you.

Taki and Cassie 1A both finish low, so you can definitely low throw after a whiff. Not sure about on block.

Question Regarding JF Command Throws....

I have been wondering for a bit now... what are the benefits are using them? besides the small bit of damage it adds on to it?

Are they harder to break than his non JF command grabs?

With the inclusion of JF GIable grabs, has anyone tested this to see if his JF versions can't be JF? ( on second thought i will test that myself i think if i can get someone to help me out ).

Basically, any info that can help me out about this is welcomed and sorry if this has been answered and i didnt look hard enough

Mods, if this could have been asked in another topic, i dont mind if you guys merge it

i've been wondering this myself. i think that the JF B+G command throw either does a bit more damage, or combo damage off it is scaled less...but that is just what i was told when i inquired...haven't tested it or seen any evidence.

yeah really i have no idea...

edit- ah, here you go: http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34296

it seems as if they give 5 more damage.

5 extra damage and also a smaller break window i think

I've wondered this as well.

I hope JF throws are harder to break. But I don't know. I think Namco should up the cool factor when it happens though. Maybe more pyrotechnics when they connect.

pyrotechnics? Fuck that.

Bitches in bikinis givin Asta ^5s as the maafucker flies through the air. Then you get pyrotechnics on a JF 28BG if that's your poison. :D

Back