Smash You To Pieces: The Throw Thread

i actually have problems getting it on the 1p side... lol... any tips? and its retardedly easy on the 2p side... i didn't know that u could enter just 3 directions and even do 6521B+G for the throw... lol... thats cool... after reading on it yesterday i was practicing and after ANY move/block/gi/jump i was just holding 6 and doing 14B+G and it worked better than my old method... i was even pulling off 4~614B+G from nutral alot... also on 2p side 8 step to 614B+G works like 80-90% of the time!!!

i dont bother with all these half pressing stuff for the JF throws, i just do the FULL thing FAST. press a+g_b+g the same time as you press 4.

like with any JF just go into training mode and practice it a shit load of times in a row until you got it down. i do the full motion and i get JF at least 90% of the time.

it true that its easier when buffered from something like blocking/running but it should fine from neutral too.

As embarrassing as it sounds, lately I have some trouble connecting 28B+G after 63214B+G ... any tip on the timing to hit the 2 and 8?

Also, does anyone know how exactly the mechanics to turn wall splat crouch throws into back throws?

As embarrassing as it sounds, lately I have some trouble connecting 28B+G after 63214B+G ... any tip on the timing to hit the 2 and 8?

Also, does anyone know how exactly the mechanics to turn wall splat crouch throws into back throws?

Sounds like you're choking, the timing is easy just do it.

As soon as Asta finishes saying what he says, then input 28B+G. You can also hold the 2 down as 634B+G connects.

44A an opponent with their back against the wall, and your crouch throw converting into a back throw percentage will be high.

also after 614b+g if u a+g air throw them and u did the throw a little far from the wall then most likely u'll get a back throw...
oh also this will happen 'every time' WS B > W! > 2B+G = back throw...

and lol... ya holding 2 *with the analog stick* after 614b+g *or similar stuff* and sliding 8b+g u'll always get the jf throw...

I don't think it was covered, but can you 28B+G Nightmare's crazy flip B attack, where he does the front flip, then swings down. He's kinda in the air, but I'm guess you can't since he doesn't really get very high...I just had a quick thought about it and wanted to check.

66B+K is the move. The issue isnt that he doesnt go high enough but that he kicks as part of the move. If you can catch him before that it works.

Guaranteed Crouch throw attempt

Hey maybe this has already been explored in detail i havent read every Asta related post but I was wondering if you guys could list every instance you can think of where after blocking a move or while an opponent is doing a certain move that you get a guaranteed croach throw attempt? A good example is during Seigs WRaa2 cancel or against Astas 1[a]. Get back to me :)

Guaranteed Crouch throw attempt

almost all lows that end in crouch. There are too many for it to be worthwhile to list.

I havent read it anywhere in here so here are a few comments on 63214B+G A+G

The command throw deals it's damage by having the opponent contact with the ground, so if you A+G early you only get the damge from the air grab. However when opponent makes contact with the ground they are still considered airborne for a little bit and it is possible to A+G at this point to get damage out of both throws. The ground impact itself deals damage in two hits, however trying to get both hits in followed by A+G has some tight timing. Also the Asta 2P airthrow glitch is in effect so if you try this as 2P opponent will not be caught by A+G out of the air on numerous timings after they come into contact with the ground.

I think adding damage to 63124B+G A+G could be useful since it allows you to use throw mix-up with opponent against the wall and keep them there for pressure when successful(63214A+G also keeps ooponent to the wall).

i had it posted in his wiki... i think getting the second hit is like a jf or something... it's soo hard to get... but not really worth it though... without any hit a+g is 30 dmg... after1 hit is 52 dmg and 2 hit 62 dmg... *if i remember correctly* and 1 hit is pretty easy to do... too risky messing up to get 10 extra dmg... btw jf throw adds 4 more dmg to 1 hit and 5 more dmg to 2 hits...

It also seems like you cant get the second hit on some smaller characters.

Something that I heard Beefylovelord talking about and spent some time looking at today is Run K > 1A+G_B+G. When opponent breaks, in the corner, sometimes at certain angles and against some characters decent options come about. On some occasions I've gotten free 6K on others 66K/3K and on NM in the corner I've gotten guaranteed backthrows. I'm not 100% on what governs this, but I think it has to do with hitbox size and the distance you get seperated from the opponent by the throwbreak. If some one wants to take a look at this too, it'd be great, most of what I have so far are vague notions and intuition.

Also if 4[A+B] connects on a BT opponent it goes into a backthrow for 90 damage. Probably not that useful though.

As people probably know 2B+K string grabs deal less than standard damage, this is how much:
A+G 30
B+G 25
Left Side 35
Right Side 40
Back 40
2A+G 35
2B+G 45

If 2A+G_B+G convert to a back throw then they deal 40 also.
Also 2B+K2A+G_B+G dont TC like their normal versions.

Enemy moves that can be interrupted by crouch

I don't know the button inputs, but Mitsurugi's unblockable where he crouches and does a spin slash of some sort can be interrupted.
It can be jumped too, not even a 28B+G either just a normal ol' 8G
To be honest... just theorizing here, but I think you can low grab Mitsurugi anytime he switches into mist since he ducks into it.

Now here's the goods:
These are moves that set you up for a grab.
ASTAROTH Ground Grabs/:1::B:+:G:or:1::A:+:G:

:(4)::(B):
:2::(B):
:4::(B):
:(1):or:7::B:
:4::B:+:K:
:(2):or:(8)::K:
After running some distance :K:
When opponent's back is to the wall, :2::A:+:G:

Air Grabs/:2::8::B:+:G: or :A:+:G:

:B::(B):
:3::(B): (full)
:4::B: or :B:+:K:
:2::3::6::B:+:K:
:(6)::A:,:B:
:(3):or:9::(B): (full)
:(2):or:(8)::B::4:
:(3):or:(9)::(K):
:(2):or:(8)::(K): (:(2)::A:+:G: only)
:(6)::(K): (:(2): :A:+:G: only)
:6::3::2::1::4::B:+:G:

Enemy moves that can be interrupted by crouch

Is there any way we can get a Youtube video of all the moves that ast can crouch throw people from? If possible also moves that he can titan bomb from?

Back