Smash You To Pieces: The Throw Thread

Question Regarding JF Command Throws....

Erm... yeaaaah.

The JF grabs have smaller break windows than the normal command throws.

I'm more interested in seeing the JF throws do more damage when they shift to back/air throws :P

The number of JF Backthrows and air throws I've landed make me happy.

Enemy moves that can be interrupted by crouch throws.

--siegfried--

6b
low grab on whiff

theres quite a few more but i don't know the notations, will update this tomorrow.

Command Throw Input Variations

i just do it as fast as possible, making sure i press 4:b+g_a+g, i get the just frame like 80% of the time. getting JF from throw rush downs is very easy because you have "charged" it, and also easy buffered from blocks.

my problem is that i concentrate so much on the speed that i sometimes press a+g_b+g slightly too early and end up doing low/ground grabs.

Command Throw Input Variations

I sometimes do that too, but I get crouch grabs. Funny thing is, it connects most of the time, because my opponent sees the throw coming and ducks, lol.

Not sure what the notation is, but Talim has a low sweep move, she can use it out of her jump back. I was catching it all day with 3A+G_B+G.

Not sure what the notation is, but Talim has a low sweep move, she can use it out of her jump back. I was catching it all day with 3A+G_B+G.

Talim's WL (wind leap) A.

Yeah that's a TC. Us poor talims dont have my of those. :(

Enemy moves that can be caught by 28B+G

You can Titan Bomb basicallly any TJ move on prediction so pretty much everyones 9A, 9B, 9K asta 6B+K, ashura, sophie 9A+K (you have to do it really early), vader 44K, Sets A+K, mitsu 33B under some circumstances, MST 6BB on step, Raph 11K, prep K, A+B if first and second hit whiff and 33KB on step, NM 66B+K, 66A+B Voldo 44K, 236A+G, BS 2BK on react X aK(must jump first attack from far away), BT B+K, 22_88K, 2A+KK on whiff of first hit, FC A+B Seig Base Hold A+B and many many more.

ground grab

I like grabbing people off the ground with Astaroth and wanted to see how many were out there.

*When I say a grab is free I mean they can't roll or tech out of the way. I'm not taking grapple breaks into consideration here because thats something you always have to watch for when grappling except for a few select moves.

I know that you can get a free 1A+G_B+G after these -

Running K - (slide)
WS K
66A - Though I think launching with B is a much better alternative.
44 or CH 44B
CH 6B - Can also follow up with 2A+G_B+G while they are going down if you want.
22[K], A,B - 22[K] must stun, not hit. Same result as CH 6B. If too far away after 22[K] the A,B won't connect.
CH BT B+K - (Credit to Suirad) Can also get in 2A+G_B+G or 2B+K, A+G instead.
W! - (wall hit) Can work as long as the opponent falls towards you. Again can substitute 2A+G_B+G.
W!, 2A+G, W! - Only works if you are positioned perpendicular to the wall. Opponent must fall towards you after second W!.

2A+K tracks so you can get people who roll on the ground with it.
2A+K guaranteed after 6[B+K]. Havn't seen any other spots where 2A+K is free.

If you guys know any more feel free to chime in.

(EDIT)
typos

Added -
CH BT B+K
W!
W!, 2A+G, W!
6[B+K], 2A+K

ground grab

only useful ones really is if the alternative is pretty low damage anyway. ground grab is pretty good frames too so balls in you court.

i use it after these personally:
CH 44b
CH 66a
running k
2a+g (wall splat)

theres a few more in the combo thread if you want them.

I got another one for Zas, the other day i caught his 66A+B with 28b+g, i havent overly tested it but i recon it would be one of those things you would have to predict, i just did it for randomness cause i had a feeling my opponent was going to use that move and i tried it for shits lol.

yeah you do have to predict that. and I think Zas 66B+K will hit you usually before you grab him from the air. Voldo's BS 2B can be grabbed as the K afterwards. First is nearly impossible the second fairly easy on block. I'm still trying to get cass 1K, seems possible but I've failed a lot in matches to get it.

One more to add for Cassandra:

2B8BAA

If they whiff this move (or even if you just block it) you can easily 28B+G them while they are hovering in the air.

I didn't test this next one yet, but Cassandra also has a move that functions similiarly as the above and should be catchable by 28B+G too on block or whiff:

2362_8BAA

I don't know if this was already known:

You can "charge" the 2 input, and input the 8B+G at any time.

As long as you input both the 8 and the B+G commands at the same time, the Just Frame Version will activate.

I don't know if this was already known:

You can "charge" the 2 input, and input the 8B+G at any time.

As long as you input both the 8 and the B+G commands at the same time, the Just Frame Version will activate.

ya i use the analog stick to do his 28B+G... after like 22b~4 i just switch my thumb to analog and it works 99.9%...

btw to get JF throws from 2P side i hold '4' if i buffering the throw or just do 4~63214B+G and the JF version comes out pretty nicely...

also i pretty sure u guys know this but after 63214B+G u can RO to either side by 33_99K besides just front and back...

ya i use the analog stick to do his 28B+G... after like 22b~4 i just switch my thumb to analog and it works 99.9%...

btw to get JF throws from 2P side i hold '4' if i buffering the throw or just do 4~63214B+G and the JF version comes out pretty nicely...

also i pretty sure u guys know this but after 63214B+G u can RO to either side by 33_99K besides just front and back...

I love doing the 33_99K after that command throw for a RO.

And I need to try that "holding 4" trick. I never get the JF on 2P side...

Back