Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

Pure Antics.

3stooges.jpg

How I wish Kratos was permanently in the roster, he has a very decent movelist and most importantly HE FITS IN THE TIMELINE.

umm. sparta as a military power with any degree of creditability = fourth century B.C.E. and earlier. soulcalibur = 16th century. if kratos fits in the soulcalibur timeline, i'm julius caesar.

lol doesn't it though?

actually theyd be better for SF or BB ...hell even SSBB...the voice over would be painfully funny

lol doesn't it though?

actually theyd be better for SF or BB ...hell even SSBB...the voice over would be painfully funny

see dats dat nigga technology

Samuel Jackson's voice in Soul Calibur would be awesome.......
He could voice Zasalamael to make him sound more badass.

I vote that we just have the game balanced well. Screw guest characters if we cant play the game competitively and have to get the community in on should this be banned/allowable. I just want a game that doesnt have these issues.

I vote that we just have the game balanced well. Screw guest characters if we cant play the game competitively and have to get the community in on should this be banned/allowable. I just want a game that doesnt have these issues.

fuckin amen brotha

I think I've figured out how to piss off the maximum number of fanboys for the minimum amount of effort.

The guest character for SC5 should be Squall Lionheart.

And he should be hard to play. A JF whore, which would make sense.

I'd absolutely DIE if they added Himura Kenshin to the cast! OMG i would dedicate every waking hour of my life playing him. That'd be SICK! i've always wished my fav anime char to be added to my fav video game. It would be INSANE to see Kenshin in SC5. i've been wishing this since SC2 *cries*

They could have him sorta mirror tira's aspect. where one side of him is the Battousai and the other is the Rurouni. man so much possibilities of sick gameplay with him. please namco! hear my word!

Mitsurugi IS Kenshin!! ...sort of..

Just take a look at the moves:

Kenshin: Ryu Tsui Sen
Mitsu: 7_8_9A+B

Kenshin: Ryu Kan Sen
Mitsu: Relic B

Kenshin: Ryu Sho Sen
Mitsu: 33B

Kenshin: Sou Ryu Sen
Mitsu: A+K_B+K ...sort of >_<

Kenshin: Ryu Kan Sen Arashi
Mitsu: Mist B+G throw (look carefully in the part of the manga where he does this.. you'll c what I mean)

Kenshin: Kuzu-ryūsen
Mitsu: Mist B,B,B (yes, mitsu's only hits 1 part as supposed to kenshin's which is 9 parts.. but meh!)

Kenshin: Ama Kakeru Ryu No Hirameki (Ougi)
Mitsu: Relic A+B+K (I Know, It doesnt fling opponent sky high.. but it IS the closest thing to it.. =P)

IMHO there are too many similarities with the 'key moves' for it to be dismissed as coincidental, so there are only 2 possible explanations with this:

1. Developers have used Kenshin's fighting style as a basis on mitsu's keymoves.. but decided to maintain Mitsu's main image more akin to Miyamoto Musashi.. IMHO it would be great if they went completely with Musashi and had given him a Katana/Wakisashi style jutsu... but i guess it'll be too much encroaching on Cervy's turf.. sans the gun... =_=

2. Mitsurugi is one of the early Masters of 'Hiten MITSURUGI Ryu' sword style (...geddit!! >_< LOL!) that Kenshin utilises... only kenshin's is a later, more developed variant... ^_^

So, to answer the post.. Kenshin IS in the game.. but not as we know it ..^_~

And I'm with the 'Soulcalibur needs more original weapons/Characters.. not so much guest characters' bandwagon.. ^_^

/crawls back into a cave full of mangas.. >_<

Back