Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a picture on hand and has tried it before, or can boot up their SCV and try an SCIII inspired color scheme on Tira's SCV outfit (P1 or P2 outfit),
Err I made her as a zombie (no purple streak across her face ) but the general colour scheme is there. A lot of costumes can be made "fresh" but changing the colour schemes.

SC5.Tira.1pCAS.jpg

Err I made her as a zombie but the general colour scheme is there. A lot of costumes can be made "fresh" but changing the colour schemes.

View attachment 47831
Zombie eyes aside, I don't know about you, but.... I actually really like that. I wouldn't have any problem with them doing something that's a combination of III and V's for her design on VI. That works surprisingly well.

Call it already that Mina will be DLC, i'd be surprise if she won't make it at all, but we'll see.

What kind of things are you guys hoping for in SC6 in regards to online play? I really did enjoy playing SCV and rarely experienced lag. I played on the 360.

Play it on 360 as well, the game was surprisingly good online (and i really had one super sh1tty internet, which make it even more surprising to me lol)

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I don't think anyone should get too discouraged (or hyped) by Vergeben's leaks.

Previous SCVI predictions include:
  • Switch version and no Xbox One version
  • Three new characters, including a Fire Emblem character
  • Taking place after SCV
And some of this new info, about the roster from Lost Swords being in SCVI... Lost Swords only had 17 characters, three of which were children from SCV. So it should be common sense that most of the remaining 14 characters are going to be in the new SC game, since most of those characters have been in every SC game.

And we're already speculating about DLC characters? It was like six months after Tekken 7 released that they revealed the second half of their season pass. And Bamco has never added very many DLC characters. Two is the current record. Maybe wait until they actually announce DLC plans before planning out which six characters they add?
I got into that before here. But if you want a bowl of copypasta
The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who originally told me of the game's existence as I've noted before.
The Switch source is the one that said Link would be on that version.
Not only that, but my main SCVI source who knows a lot of things about the game, only suspected there might be a Fire Emblem character, as I also said before.

Let me just come out and say, what they were speculating over what lead to that Fire Emblem character speculation is no longer the case as more information came to light. Maybe you can connect the dots as to how and why. But it involves a Soul Calibur character.
They also never formally and outright heard of a Switch version, other than it was "likely" but couldn't personally confirm it and still can't.
Basically, the FE character speculation due to a certain detail they knew about was the only reason why the thought there might be one, but they found out later that it wasn't who or why.

Does it kill the SCVI on Switch's chances of existing? At the moment, let's go with it is uncertain.
If it's not revealed at the January Direct (which I am personally doubting but we shall see), then it's either happening later as a port after the PS4, PC, and Xbox One release, or not at all.
But I'd keep some hope to it happening eventually because there is OBVIOUS fan demand for it.
And if the SCVI on Switch source is reliable, then if the issues they've encountered for optimization are not deemed too bad and the performance can be kept up to snuff and runs right, then it will happen and release. Though it probably will wind up being an after-the-fact port, since DBFZ will be getting the same treatment. Switch ports are great for business as the Switch is selling like hotcakes.
But the optimization is not something developers can skimp on getting right, as you've seen in some Switch port cases just fucking up and getting wrong to try and capitalize on the console's success (WWE 2k18 for a massive instance)
And for an additional note, you can even go back and read my post again on reddit, my wording was always specified speculation in regards to the Fire Emblem character. Nothing was ever told or said to me with surety, or that I said that they said was going to happen. It was purely speculation based on a certain, very specific detail. Once they found out the full details, it squashed that speculation dead.

The SCVI taking place after SCV thing I was told from a different source (that they claimed was outdated and based on the game's direction earlier on that they knew about, which lines up with the Passion Republic stuff too)

If you haven't been paying attention or following along, I'm really only keeping to my main SCVI source for my information of the game anymore.
So far everything that's been proven true about it (the new guy with the dual blade which I've shared more detailed information about, and a new universal "V-Trigger styled mechanic of sorts") has come from them. Leading me to believe the other stuff will all pan out in due time as well since they know very specific information.

Last edited:
To join the discussion a bit late: if the DLC characters are already planned and as the game isn't finished, it's a joke again... I'd prefer to have unique styles already included at launch even though the character doesn't appear in story rather than have them planned as DLC a long time before the game is even released... Too bad it's how the game industry works now! I wish we could say there are too many DLC characters (if they are as many as 6-10) buuut that wouldn't serve our beloved game and we really can't afford to put it at risks. Hopefully they won't be too expansive...

Regarding CaS only moves, this is absolutely fine. Fighting games did not exist at first as competitive material, they existed to give us a story, to fight against the computer or with friends. There are people who want the game for its story and to have fun at home with friends, not to fight against other people during a tournament. CaS-only styles would be a selling point for many people because their characters would have their own personal touch, as said earlier.

As I already said a hundred times: if the game was built for competition, they wouldn't care about the story (which is here the main focus) and they would only focus on new characters (not caring about timeline and not giving everyone new costumes).

I'll take a guess and assume that instead of traditional shoe-ins like Lei Wulong, Anna and Julia Chang instead the game gets two bears in two separate slots and a bowling game DLC. It's clear the tekken team is isn't making the roster from deepest fan desires.

I'm not too upset because I have Tag 2 with it's incredible roster. But it really is baffling that Lei Wulong and Julia were cut. It's like cutting Raphael and Tira from Soul Calibur VI....

I'm not entirely sure they were fan favorites, though.

I know that @Vergeben cannot confirm if this is right but Kilik’s rival’s parent I think is going to be the Mom because I would assume they would want to have 1 new male and 1 new female (this is assuming they are the only two new characters). I could see that end up being Ivy’s rival

I don’t see the point of a bonus character — what really distinguishes them from other characters other than a few missing story elements??

I know that @Vergeben cannot confirm if this is right but Kilik’s rival’s parent I think is going to be the Mom because I would assume they would want to have 1 new male and 1 new female (this is assuming they are the only two new characters). I could see that end up being Ivy’s rival

If there will be 2 new characters i would definitely expect the second character to be female, mom, auntie or whatever kind of parent she will be. lol

When you wait over 12 years for a character to return, and then 6 years for just a new game there's really little to no hope of your character returning.

I feel ya man, he was a great clone character, He had a bunch of Xianghua's movemset but his kicks were just awesome all the way around. I'd love to see him return in a really boss way.

What are you guy's worst case scenario for this game? Mine is probably loot crates or something stupid like that.
Probably won't happen as they have been judged illegal in Belgium (which will probably spread to Europe), that would be quite a loss for them,

But if they happen to make it like LS (90 bucks to get one character), I'll consider the Soul series dead after V!

Probably won't happen as they have been judged illegal in Belgium (which will probably spread to Europe)
Holy fuck this is new to me. I do agree with it :D I think loot crates are fine as long as they aren't the only way of obtaining new characters/items, and the other way (like fucking playing the game and unlocking them) isn't ridiculously difficult or bollocks in some other way. But yes, GO BELGIUM! :D

I really hope Tira ends up as part of the main roster rather than DLC, if T7 is anything to go by then it'll be months before the first DLC character comes out.

Also @Vergeben @WuHT I was just never a fan of Tira's color scheme in SC3, maybe it's because I'm not keen on green, even less so this specific weird shade of it, but it never felt like it fit her persona either. I always associate that color with plants, animals and nature in general. (Speaking of which, I know most characters have an animal motif but I wouldn't mind a nature-y character).

Her hair style in IV and V was great too because it conveyed craziness well.

Holy fuck this is new to me. I do agree with it :D I think loot crates are fine as long as they aren't the only way of obtaining new characters/items, and the other way (like fucking playing the game and unlocking them) isn't ridiculously difficult or bollocks in some other way. But yes, GO BELGIUM! :D
It's considered gambling so it cannot appear in games for audiences younger than 18 ^^

However, if you get loot boxes for doing things in the game (beating Sophitia with a perfect in both rounds for example) or with in-game money, that would be fine by me. But I always preferred the SCIII shop ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back