Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @Vergeben @WuHT I was just never a fan of Tira's color scheme in SC3, maybe it's because I'm not keen on green, even less so this specific weird shade of it, but it never felt like it fit her persona either. I always associate that color with plants, animals and nature in general. (Speaking of which, I know most characters have an animal motif but I wouldn't mind a nature-y character).
The only thing I want from Tira of SCIII is her voice.
Anyways, she's so iconic ♥

Lost Swords, you had to buy 3 boxes (30 bucks each) to unlock Taki if I remember correctly.
That's not how I remember it. Characters were free and pretty easy to unlock. All you had to do is play the game during the characters specific event to unlock them, you had like a week to do it. And the missions were kinda easy too. If I remember correctly I actually unlockedthe whole cast for free.(maybe just not the last 1 or 2).

Reactions: Ave
That's not how I remember it. Characters were free and pretty easy to unlock. All you had to do is play the game during the characters specific event to unlock them, you had like a week to do it. And the missions were kinda easy too. If I remember correctly I actually unlockedthe whole cast for free.(maybe just not the last 1 or 2).
That's how it worked for most characters, although it had its own version of RNG (each time you did the mission there was a small chance you'd unlock the character). But characters like Seung Mi-na and Cassandra could only be unlocked by buying the RNG boxes.

To those who played Mina, wasn't she made significantly different than Kilik by SCIV? I never used her but fighting against her over the games from SCII to IV I personally felt her style grew less and less derivative of Kilik.

CAS is banned from competative play, effectively preventing the moveset from reaching their maximum potential. That in of itself is plenty of reason to not have a moveset limited to CAS
To begin with, Devil Jin was not banned from competitive play. And yeah, lets not add something millions of players want just because a few dozens won't use it in a tournament. Nice logic +1.

To begin with, Devil Jin was not banned from competitive play. And yeah, lets not add something millions of players want just because a few dozens won't use it in a tournament. Nice logic +1.
As I was told when I complained about incomplete movesets in V: "learn to play with what you are given, and if you aren't happy, switch character".

People who want to play competitively can do so but that doesn't mean people who don't (aka most people who buy the game) cannot get a full experience.

while I am aware Macaulyn cannot read this post, this is for anyone else who doesn't know.

Devil Jin WAS banned from tourney play and for a long time before Avylon created the standards in which his style was allowed to be used

while I am aware Macaulyn cannot read this post, this is for anyone else who doesn't know.

Devil Jin WAS banned from tourney play and for a long time before Avylon created the standards in which his style was allowed to be used
I think that this should be the case for CaS only styles that people don't want: the creation of a basic character (naked or else) with the default size and such.

Also, DLC characters wouldn't be allowed since not everybody could or would buy them :/

I think that this should be the case for CaS only styles that people don't want: the creation of a basic character (naked or else) with the default size and such.

Also, DLC characters wouldn't be allowed since not everybody could or would buy them :/
I don't think that's how it works for Blazblue or Guilty Gear or Smash Bros. or literally any DLC character in anything.

it could be, since thats how SC3 worked, with several default characters to show off the CaS styles.

you can play as DLC characters, its console exclusive DLC characters that create all sorts of hell for tourney play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back