Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a fairly substantial leak update just now that they had and were able to share....

I asked what's up with Amy then since they didn't say her name with those "characters that weren't on V but added to Lost Swords" and they brought up the chance that she might just appear as Viola from now on, but they currently have no confirmation of that for sure.

If they do that I will be deeply disappointed.

I just hope that if they bring Amy back, she will have her original look at least.
Viola breaks the scheme too much and is unconsistent so far. She gives the impression of being some kind of unfinished concept.
While she was one of the few things SC V did well she plays in a different level and cannot compare to Amy. I mean redhead is hotter than white hair.

If they put Raphael in the game... Amy must have her original appearance. Otherwise they will ruin two characters at a time in my personal opinion.

I suppose they created "Viola" to give her some uniqueness, but nope. Raphael is Amy's menthor so of course she needs to have a similar moveset. In fact, her style with a rapier fits perfectly to her personality.

Viola needs to stay as a completely different character than Amy or I'll be mad.
Well, they could make something interesting here if they play well with their cards. But I don't like those experiments because they could end up with a fail. When something works well you don't need to change it.

I hope Viola stays. I always liked Amy as a character, but as a Raphael main I found her style redundant, and frankly insulting to Raphael.

I've read up the last few pages now and I'm happy Raph is getting mentioned so much. I always thought he was a less cared about character. I sure as heck never met many whilst playing (about 500 hours sc4 and stopped after 999 hours on SC5 - met about 5 Raph mains in each. )

He's in a lot of people's back pocket I guess.

I would be fine if both Amy and Viola return. Perhaps they can retcon Viola to be Amy's long lost sister LOL.

Or give Amy Viola's movelist and give Amy's rapier movelist to a new female.

If they do that I will be deeply disappointed.

I just hope that if they bring Amy back, she will have her original look at least.
Viola breaks the scheme too much and is unconsistent so far. She gives the impression of being some kind of unfinished concept.
While she was one of the few things SC V did well she plays in a different level and cannot compare to Amy. I mean redhead is hotter than white hair.

If they put Raphael in the game... Amy must have her original appearance. Otherwise they will ruin two characters at a time in my personal opinion.

I suppose they created "Viola" to give her some uniqueness, but nope. Raphael is Amy's menthor so of course she needs to have a similar moveset. In fact, her style with a rapier fits perfectly to her personality.

Viola needs to stay as a completely different character than Amy or I'll be mad.
Well, they could make something interesting here if they play well with their cards. But I don't like those experiments because they could end up with a fail. When something works well you don't need to change it.
Oh... I just saw that... from the looks of it I guess you'll end mad my friend.
RIP Amy xD was fun poking stuff with your lil sword :p

@Von_Blackhardt I apologize for unnecessarily taking this topic back to Tekken and will thus minimize the font to take up less space. But regarding characters — that, yes, were fan favorites — suddenly being chopped, my primary concern was with Anna (as you all could probably tell) and secondly Lei, if we’re thinking logically. To start with, Anna was above Eddy and both bears on “the polls” which I used to have a picture of but is on the phone stolen from me BUT more importantly is her role in the story. Anna was the primary rival of the franchise’s most iconic female character, her older sister Nina. However, she started out as a clone, which most ignorant fans (that also likely have their mains in-game) hold against her when her fans show saltiness. What those people don’t realize is that she and her sister are the direct bodyguards of two main characters of the series, and she has shown both development and prowess in the role she had in the franchise’s recent partially-canon movie preceding the new game as an antagonist with a strong personality (while her sister’s is fairly drab to be honest — just too serious). And regarding her novelist, she has been in 7 of 9 Tekken games and went from a complete clone to sharing under 15 moves, out of over 300 moves between herself and her old clone.
And even after being a legacy character from game 1 of the franchise, having what is now a much more prominent role in the story from starting as just “the sister”, a moveset increasingly modified from 1995 to 2012, and a very memorable personality, Harada basically goes “okay the poll was just some thing, we’ll (ALLEGEDLY) go from usage data.” Usage data . . . from only Japan or something? I know Korea had a lot of Anna players and from my 2 years of online experience from Tag2, I could count 10 SEPARATE Lei users and 5 Anna users for every one bear I fought online, in America.

This is why I had shown so much concern and negativity toward Tira coming back, as 2 out of 3 factors from Anna’s situation could apply to her. Although Tira certainly didn’t start a clone, her story attachment became more and more forward, fairly quickly in my opinion, and of course her personality is so strong it’s the source of her gameplay. And yet (though not for the same reasons) she might not be in. Of course there’s DLC, but Harada heavily implied that legacy characters would be DLC and uh . . . heh. Yeah.

I would be fine if both Amy and Viola return. Perhaps they can retcon Viola to be Amy's long lost sister LOL.

Or give Amy Viola's movelist and give Amy's rapier movelist to a new female.
They already did that in the the relationship charts of New Legends of Project Soul, as they decided that Viola and Amy are shown as separate characters in that despite all the evidence and logic that she's just Amy. So it then became implied that she's her twin sister.
It just comes across like they scrambled for what origin and backstory to go with since they weren't forced to go with the original idea that would've been realized in the story on V.
But, due to the crap and hacked up incomplete story, Viola only got information and "development" in outside materials. Which are even kind of inconsistent and muddled.
If any one character would benefit from the retcon, it's absolutely Viola. She was a lot of ideas, and none of them properly ever realized.
In a reboot, they can do whatever they want.
Make her Amy but keep the Viola name.
Simply give Amy her moveset.
Make her Amy at first then Viola by the end of the story.
Whatever.
But her being Amy's twin sister just feels redundant to do now in a retelling like this as it feels as if it benefits less by doing so.

How does using the stock sword-and-shield style instead of Sophitia's or the generic katana swordsman over Mitsurugi give CaS "more depth"?
For the same reason that Sophitia and Cassandra feel different, that Amy and Raphael feel different, that Mi-na and Kilik feel different.

They already did that in the the relationship charts of New Legends of Project Soul, as they decided that Viola and Amy are shown as separate characters in that despite all the evidence and logic that she's just Amy. So it then became implied that she's her twin sister.
It just comes across like they scrambled for what origin and backstory to go with since they weren't forced to go with the original idea that would've been realized in the story on V.
But, due to the crap and hacked up incomplete story, Viola only got information and "development" in outside materials. Which are even kind of inconsistent and muddled.
If any one character would benefit from the retcon, it's absolutely Viola. She was a lot of ideas, and none of them properly ever realized.
In a reboot, they can do whatever they want.
Make her Amy but keep the Viola name.
Simply give Amy her moveset.
Make her Amy at first then Viola by the end of the story.
Whatever.
But her being Amy's twin sister just feels redundant to do now in a retelling like this as it feels as if it benefits less by doing so.

New Legends of Project Soul are an old thing, Okubo wasn't there yet, he might be against all that. Plus, you said it's a reboot so that thing doesn't mean anything, but I don't agree with you if they really want to fuse the two characters just make Amy well Amy, and give her Viola's moveset (and keep her red hair for f sake :p)
I still really want her style back... :(

But I think it's a waste of time and resources. Why not just spend the extra time and make them a full character like Hwang, Li Long and Amy in SCIII AE? Why half ass it? Why bother with a small shit movelist when you can turn it into a full decent move list?

Yup this, hail for quality over quantity.

For the same reason that Sophitia and Cassandra feel different, that Amy and Raphael feel different, that Mi-na and Kilik feel different.
At least someone says it, for some reason we can have more than one character that uses S&S or staff and it's different but not Rapier. Not because they both have 6BBB that they play the same.
Merci l'ami o/

New Legends of Project Soul are an old thing, Okubo wasn't there yet, he might be against all that. Plus, you said it's a reboot so that thing doesn't mean anything, but I don't agree with you if they really want to fuse the two characters just make Amy well Amy, and give her Viola's moveset (and keep her red hair for f sake :p)
I still really want her style back... :(
But what if they take Viola....

and give her Amy's color palette (including the hair color)?

The date switched to 2019 :o
upload_2017-12-28_21-17-12.png

Kappa sorry

But what if they take Viola....

and give her Amy's color palette (including the hair color)?
That's what I said. Viola's style, Viola's appearance, but Amy's name and hair (and outfit too, I prefer Amy's Night butterfly outfit) so basicly an older version of Amy ^^
But that only solves the character part, but I like her gameplay too, and there I feel a bit abandoned for the 2nd game in a row :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back