Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking this and feel free to correct me if it's already been confirmed the new character is male, But...is there any chance that Kilik's rival could be a woman?

How do we know this person is Kilik's rival? Is this info from the supposed leak?

Seems anti-climatic since they would have made zero impact on his story following SC1.

Is it safe to say that no one gives a shit about Rock anymore?

I enjoyed playing as Rock in SoulCalibur IV... the fact that he is so similar to Astaroth made him an easy secondary character for me to mess around with. That and the grabs where he tossed you into the air like a ragdoll were downright hilarious XD

It's okay, though. You guys don't have to give a shit about him lol. In terms of his place in the story, however, I couldn't care less about Rock.

On an unrelated note, I have just come to terms with the fact that I will never make it to the last page of this thread lol.

Last edited:
How do we know this person is Kilik's rival? Is this info from the supposed leak?
Yep. Before any confirmed information that the game is happening, @Vergeben said that the new character is a Kilik rival, who uses a combined weapon a'la Dart Maul. Then we all saw his teaser in PSX trailer. Personally, I bet that this is a student of Edge Master, who went down the wrong path.

I implore you to literally name a single game that has hit the shelves with not one bug. Aaaaannnnnnnnnd gooooooooooo.....
I have no idea what your point is. I'm like "covering your mouth when you sneeze is a good way to prevent the spread of germs," and you're like "but everyone gets sick!"

???

Every single thing you said is made much simpler and cheaper on a direct console release. You have an incredibly distorted vision of what is or not profitable.
Again, you have left me completely baffled. I'm not doing a cost/benefit analysis. I'm simply explaining, as clearly as I can manage, that the way arcades earn money (slowly over a long time) incentivises companies to release balanced games. Obviously it's way easier for a company to make all their money up front.

Look, the only reason I responded to you was because I was legitimately confused as to why the idea of a fighting game getting released to arcades angered you so much. To me, it's like getting enraged at someone hoping for a Switch version. And they're like "It would be cool to have portable SoulCalibur" and you call them retarded for not worrying first and foremost about Namco-Bandai's profit margin.

You two need to chill, keep it polite the two of you.
I've been nothing but the very model of tactfulness. (And for the record, I've never called anyone a "retarded goddamn dumbass" either.)

As much as it pains me to say, making an arcade release for SCVI wouldn't be a smart idea. The series has always been more popular in the US and Europe than in Japan, so it makes little sense to have arcade tests for the game when the most popular markets for said game have a defunct arcade scene. While I'd personally love an arcade release, it would be way more profitable to keep releasing them on consoles only like they've done with the past 3 games.
I agree it wouldn't be a good idea, and never meant to imply otherwise. Currently only the most popular fighters in Japan still get arcade releases. And even then, Tekken is the last series to still launch in arcades. But I can't be the only one to notice:

When fighting games skip the arcade, the resulting games tend to suffer. I've been focusing on SoulCalibur, but Street Fighter V is the best example out there. It was the first in the series to launch on consoles, rather than in arcades. And people complain about how much more content SF4 had. You see where I'm going with this, right? (I'd also argue the console version of KOF13 was superior to KOF14, which also skipped arcades for the first time in the series' history. But now I'm getting way off track.) Usually, whoever plays the earliest version of a fighting game plays the worst version of it.

But some people might misunderstand me and think I'm suggesting that SoulCalibur can be as successful as SF or Tekken. Obviously that's an unrealistic goal. I'm just pointing out that IF SoulCalibur was popular enough to warrant an arcade version, the console version would benefit from it.
SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition was released in 2006 after console release in 2005. Updated SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition has no console release.
The three Souls games I was referring to were SoulEdge, SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II. All great games. SoulCaliburs III - V. . . I would never call them bad, but they all needed more time in the oven in my opinion.

I think there will be different layers of the character select screen with different themes per timeline. Maybe happy, cheeky Sophie is in the SC1 select screen, along with all SC1 characters plus potential new characters introduced in that timeline, and then the SC2 layer adds Talim, Cassandra, Charade, Necrid, Raphael, Yun-Seoung. The SC3 layer will add Setsuka, Tira, Amy, Zas(Abyss and possibly Night Terror?), and as it also marks the spot where Sophitia's personality changes, maybe the SC3 and 4 layers will have the more solemn Sophitia. You get the jist.

Boy, this would be really freaking cool.

I'm now sitting in my work office and watching all-new gameplay's that are posted today on YT. Productive day, hehe ;) After every video I get more hyped and want to see other characters! Here's something for Sophitia fans - 10 min mirror match with face sitting, loose hair and crotch kicking; unfortunately without sound:

The thumbnail will be sufficient, thank you.

*closes curtains*
*locks door*
*plays loud music*

Last edited:
What does everyone think of Mitsu's MIST BK not being a natural combo anymore? It looks like 2KB isn't either.

With the news that ring outs are back, am i the only one who hopes they also bring back the option for infinite health? Used to have some pretty epic battles trying to force each other off the stage, was a nice way to shake up the gameplay from time to time. I don't think it' been a feature since SC2

I thought I was the only one who did this lol. I also loved the one hit health bar, that was always a manic way to figure out which one of you was faster. I want them both back.

Boy, this would be really freaking cool.

♡♡♡ Finally I'm appreciated

look im just worried that if this game dose not end up fixing the problems of 5 at least, then this game is not going to sell and we are never going to get another solclaibur game. this game is the solcalibur series's last shot, if this game dose not do well then the series is dead. so this game needs to be amazing, or its just going to be the next DOA. which mind you did have a small but dedicated community and still died.
SC5 isn't as bad as the "loud" part of the fanbase named it. (I like to make jokes about sc5 but i still "like it")
It has a pretty solid gameplay, good overall char balance (except some chars).
Most people who complain are the ones who never played it, hardcore fans of older SC-games who can't handle changes, or people who got hit in their personal feelings because of cutted chars.

The Story was .... O K ... nothing special or interesting.
But the biggest problem is, that most offline stuff was bullshit, except Legendary Souls and Create a Soul.
There was nothing else you could do, if you are sick of online fights.

But the competetive part is still pretty strong for such a pilloried game.

My personal opinion on SC5:
- i HATE the cutted moveset of Ivy (but still main her)
- I had much fun in creating, playing with friends and/or online

We need more monsters and animal creatures in Soul Calibur like Lizardman, Nightmare, Algol or Astaroth
I wouldn't mind seeing this to a point. Then again, I welcome things that get creative and interesting like them, Z.W.E.I.[even if he was sadly trash viability-wise], Viola, etc. Interesting to see. On that note, if they do along the lines of what Ave said[I desperately want that] with the character select being multi-layered based on installment and retells everything, I hope Nightmare's SC4 costume is usable as well. Much as some may not like it or the idea of monsters and such like him and Abyss[similarly would like to see that as a Zasalamel alt costume], I'd say that's an interesting thing that makes Soul Calibur unique to me. SC4 Nightmare may actually be my favorite in terms of design to date, with SC2's as a close second.

Someone send me a gun please so i can shot this guy:

Can't believe there are people asking about an Arcade release OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

tenor.gif
It's like that dude is trying to give everyone a heart attack just from this dumb idea alone.

I hope Cassandra makes it in. I never played the older games except SC2 recently, but I love Sophie's aesthetic, style and, to be perfectly candid, her body shape, but I don't find honorable hero characters super appealing. I wasn't a fan of timid Pyrrha either. So I think I'll love Cassie's energy more.

I plan on playing a lot of Tira and Mitsu, and I hope Raphael is a stronger character overall this time around, if he's in at all.
I myself will be disappointed if Cassandra isn't in the game, as she is the only female SC character I like in general. And if Raph is back then I hope his fighting style will finally be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back