Soul Calibur 6: Technical Gameplay discussion

Only valid reason CF shouldn't be in is the Free meter system... other than that, any other complaints just means your offence sucks or your defence is horrible...
If you can pull off [2 Meters & GC=CF] its classifies you as a different Level Player.
At High Level it wont really be possible to pull off.
Even if its not a CF, Being able to GC and Burn 2Meter for higher CE damage is a good idea.
A guard crush is still a free kill if you do it by a ring edge or do it when they're at the right amount of health. Guard crushes are also easier to come by in SCVI. How about that's your kill condition rather than simply building two meters? Consistent long term planning, stage positioning, and timing of guard crushes -- now that is the mark of a "different Level Player" ...

A guard crush is still a free kill if you do it by a ring edge or do it when they're at the right amount of health. Guard crushes are also easier to come by in SCVI. How about that's your kill condition rather than simply building two meters? Consistent long term planning, stage positioning, and timing of guard crushes -- now that is the mark of a "different Level Player" ...

Been doing that the entire Series. Need something new and more. RE isn't it

Last edited:
Been doing that the entire Series. Need something new and more. RE isn't it
I don't think what I described wasn't even necessarily possible in the entire series, but if that were the case, what you wanted was already functionally there, you just want it to be easier? Or do you think it's *harder* to sit on two bars and guard crush for a free round than it is to position it and time it at the right place in the match to take a round? I thought your argument was that your idea would be more of a test of skill, not that it would satisfy your personal boredom (who cares?). You aren't making much sense.

I don't think what I described wasn't even necessarily possible in the entire series, but if that were the case, what you wanted was already functionally there, you just want it to be easier? Or do you think it's *harder* to sit on two bars and guard crush for a free round than it is to position it and time it at the right place in the match to take a round? I thought your argument was that your idea would be more of a test of skill, not that it would satisfy your personal boredom (who cares?). You aren't making much sense.
"Consistent long term planning, stage positioning, and timing of guard crushes -- now that is the mark of a "different Level Player"
You can do that with Ringouts, Wall combos
Boring need something New, More.

It is harder pull off [2 Meters & GC=CF] its classifies you as a different Level Player. if you think its to easy to CF win.. "Who the hell do you play, that you think it would be easy to pull off on." If your planning to store 2 meter and steal A Round you must be already winning or your turtling or poke fighting. CF pretty much means BE OFFENSIVE or youll get GC and eat more damage.
Even a visible GC gauge would be interesting.

People don't Like CF why I don't know. Even with [2 Meters & GC=CF] restriction.. YES the free meter system is bull crap...
you don't like getting GC Ok.. An "Anti-GuardCrush" Pop a Soul-Charge so you dont get GC during your SC Duration.

I don't even want CEs[supers] in SoulCalibur.. but if its in why not have the ability to burn 2 meter in whatever fashion. An CE in Soulcharge mode should do way more Damage. [I wouldnt even mind if they recycled SC5 CEs as 2meter burn 80-90% damage]
People should think more creatively. there is no new system in SC6 im interested other than the learning the art of new character builds and feeling the polish of the game.

Given automatic meter gain, all the "skill" you'd need to have two meters is lose twice. It's a terrible idea.

It is harder pull off [2 Meters & GC=CF] its classifies you as a different Level Player. if you think its to easy to CF win.. "Who the hell do you play, that you think it would be easy to pull off on." If your planning to store 2 meter and steal A Round you must be already winning or your turtling or poke fighting.

I played characters that were not dependent on meter and had some guard crushing capability (Yoshimitsu and Pyrrha Omega), so yes, it was pretty easy to not use my meter and get guard crushes while I still had 2 bars, that happened all the time. I saw it as improvement when I could use it effectively, not when I saved it up like a scrub. What you're describing is bad SCV play, hah, "different Level Player" indeed.

Guard crushing at a time and place where it'll end rounds is far harder because there's far more counterplay from the opponent to deal with. Not only do you have to guard crush them, you have to keep their guard at least in the yellow while you also are damaging them enough for your GC combo to kill or are positioning them carefully for a ring out on GC.

You can do that with Ringouts, Wall combos

Yes, and guard crushing adds an extra element to the reward for skillful positional play, and it's far more interesting and skillful than just winning the round for free when you forgo any skillful resource management skill and get a guard crush anywhere on the stage.

there is no new system in SC6 im interested other than the learning the art of new character builds and feeling the polish of the game.

Why is your idea any more interesting? It involves using *less* mechanics, using no meter. Also why do you not capitalize the beginning of the sentence while capitalizing other random words? You don't sound very smart, to be honest.

I know it would be a lot of work, but would there be a consideration into a SRK/Dustloop style wiki for characters and mechanics? Probably can't go in-depth with every single move since there's so many in a 3D fighter, but maybe it can be adapted for a nice format. Like for a given character go picture, quick bio, playstyle, strengths, weaknesses, top 10 moves, unique things like LHs and guard breaks, RE nuances, Soul Charge info, CE, couple combos.

I know it would be a lot of work, but would there be a consideration into a SRK/Dustloop style wiki for characters and mechanics? Probably can't go in-depth with every single move since there's so many in a 3D fighter, but maybe it can be adapted for a nice format. Like for a given character go picture, quick bio, playstyle, strengths, weaknesses, top 10 moves, unique things like LHs and guard breaks, RE nuances, Soul Charge info, CE, couple combos.
I can promise you things like this are already in the works. Really we just need the game to come out and some time to flesh it all the way out.

Am I the only one still holding out hope for the SC activation properties being changed? I think Ivy's a really good example of how the universal pushback on hit/block is great for some characters (like herself) and pretty terrible for close range fighters. If, however, it was simply a freeze frame, with no recovery or hitbox, it would be useful as both a defensive and offensive tool for all characters. I know they aren't going to do this since it would add a ton of depth to the game and thus balancing issues, but I don't think it's out of the question that they might change how much pushback the SC activation hitboxes have for some characters.

Am I the only one still holding out hope for the SC activation properties being changed? I think Ivy's a really good example of how the universal pushback on hit/block is great for some characters (like herself) and pretty terrible for close range fighters. If, however, it was simply a freeze frame, with no recovery or hitbox, it would be useful as both a defensive and offensive tool for all characters. I know they aren't going to do this since it would add a ton of depth to the game and thus balancing issues, but I don't think it's out of the question that they might change how much pushback the SC activation hitboxes have for some characters.
The way the game's built you kinda need it as is. Pain to get Sophie off once she gets going otherwise.

The way the game's built you kinda need it as is. Pain to get Sophie off once she gets going otherwise.

I don't think changing how much it pushes back for some characters would prevent it from being a strong get-off-me tool, if anything, it would make it just as good of a tool for short/mid range characters as it is for long range characters. And if it was changed into a zero recovery freeze frame, it would probably be an even better get-off-me tool since you would be able to see what your opponent was doing and react accordingly once the activation animation ended.

I think it would be cool if there were 2 Soul Charge versions, like 6+A+B+K would do the Soul Charge with an invulnerable forward dash instead of the knockback. Would be much better for characters like Taki.

@babalook @RadiantLuna
Don't Say Smart Sensible things.. on this forum you will get a lot of clowns that are Still blinded by SC6 new car smell and shine.
Don't give creative input.. you'll just get Trolled for using your head.

[SCB] Activation Animation, [RE] Animation, [CE] Animation.. Nope its not going to get annoy to see so many animations.. and realize its actually slowing down combat.

You should not be able use 2 meters for a more powerful CE.. or a Soul Charged CE.
RE works on lows.. GI'ing/ REdge'ing Range Ivy Works LMao.......
RE 2A & 2K...lololol..:)
[SCB] as a defensive tool is Fake News... "Too Much Pressure on me [SCB]" "Dictate/Control Combat with [SCB]"
"One Gi to Rule them ALL" - You don't need to duck ever in SC6.. only to punish a failed High. - If you think its Fine Your Crazy.
The Match Point Free Meter System..lololo..Fake News...
A Bull Rush Astaroth with RE.. That's not scary at ALL.
ALL close range fighters are OP... Lolololo...
Vote Viola in SC6 With these new Mechanics....& Ivy looks worry some.. lmao....

Wanting More Options is a Bad Idea, Keep it to Yourself...

IF SoulCharge [Fury] Melts at least 25%life on Block:)..... You can do it twice:) "holy, I really want to see 236 K"

Last edited:
Hi, any news about JG?
Guard damage reduction is not confirmed, the people who are saying that did not do the necessary testing. The only known effect right now is removing chip damage. It is confirmed that it does not give meter or reduce blockstun or pushback.
In the link that @AndyrooSC posted:
It seems to me that Yoshi gains a bit of meter for Just Guarding the second hit of Taki's 66AA in the end.
I checked a gif of some Geralt, blocking Taki's 4AK (3 hits) normally, with no visible meter gain. In R0cks command list:
http://soulcalibur.fr/threads/taki-command-list-partielle-pre-release.14542/
In the horizontal attacks spoiler.
So i have to disagree on JG being confirmed to not gain meter, or am i seeing things?

Last edited:
@FleshMasher
"So i have to disagree on JG being confirmed to not gain meter, or am i seeing things? "

You are seeing things, I never said it's confirmed to not gain meter, I said it's not confirmed that it gains meter. Looks like now it is, though.

Back