Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

PS4. To think, only a little over 4 days until learning everyone, their matchups, and trying to unlock everything for the sake of doing everything can begin. This is gonna be great.

Edit: Also that long until the death of sleep. 24 hour or 48 hour play session at launch, here I come!
Lol, don't hurt yourself

If they're going to allow CaS in ranked I might as well cancel my pre-order now. I wanted to play Soulcalibur online, not some shitty devianart OC fighting game.
Really ?
DYKYuT7XcAEe3_J.jpg

Problem is that you can't use original SC characters who not playable in SC6 even if they are created as cas. For example there is no playable Cassandra in SC6, so if i create her as cas with Sophitia style i can't play her in ranked matches same with lizardman (he playable only as cas).
Best solution is make extra option for ranked matches "find opponents with original characters only "(non cas) or "any" (include cas). So you can choose never fight cas characters in ranked matches.
Ye, could be a sensible alternative where there is only one ranked mode that includes CaS but lets people like me filter them out.

Last edited:
Do we know if it's possible to change stage during character creation? So far I've only seen the main one and the libra one. Be a shame if not since sc4 had this feature (although it was ommited in SCV)

EDIT- there's also a "bgm" option in CaS submenu from controller options button. Do we know if this allows us to change the bgm or just toggle it off like in SCV?
It would be cool if the stage change feature returned from IV though nothing has been made known yet. Same goes for the bgm.

Lol, don't hurt yourself

Nah, no harm in it. Fully prepared, and I occasionally pull 24 hour sessions of games by accident, so it should be fine. Although that may make for a minor hindrance when I go online after that timeframe, be it ranked or against friends. Or hilarious, all things depending. Either way, launch can't come soon enough, especially since I talked a few friends into picking it up, and bought it for another who couldn't. Looking forward to it if I encounter anyone here online as well.

I wanna learn more about the implications that Grøh is essentially (and actually) superhuman after surviving Azwel's experiments with the shards of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.
Hope my post provides you with enough info @Fatal_Exodus.

... Shame on me for doing this when we are so close to launch already, but... anybody got spoilers on Siggy's story? Was wondering if the Schwarzwind or Wolfkrone popped up at all... ^_____^ Just couldn't help but ask...

A Hero Is Born
trophy.png

Fight 10 ranked matches online with a character made in Character Creation.

Can't believe they're dumb at that level to allow cas in Rank matches, pretty sure it's some high pr decision thing that don't understand the thing.

ezgif.com-resize-5b5218b546e0fb0037c7cd2b.gif

If it was up to Battle mechanics designers i'm sure their decision about this would make more sens and would be more wise.

If they're going to allow CaS in ranked I might as well cancel my pre-order now. I wanted to play Soulcalibur online, not some shitty devianart OC fighting game.
No need to get butthurt over something so simple. Is it really that bad? I'd prefer to play against actual characters, but is it really worth outright not buying the game? Just doesn't seem like a rational move. It's your choice though.

This shit will ruin the game.Dozens of characters with different hitboxes.

If they have 5 different size choices like in Soulcalibur 5 than there is at least 100 different hitboxes, plus with characters using Nightmare's style they will basically have phantom grab range without the monster arm equipped.

Back