Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I just found out SC 6 won't have quick step. I never knew it existed until a few months ago, will anyone miss it in this game?

CaS won't change anything about the quality of the game btw. It only allows you to see ugly costumizations online. I wouldn't mind it being gone tbh.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

maxresdefault.jpg
Tq1QLvF.gif

I just found out SC 6 won't have quick step. I never knew it existed until a few months ago, will anyone miss it in this game?
I totally forgot that it even existed l0l

damn new design looks cool ! Speaking of CAS I dont know how people call it useless and not important. Its like 1 of the best part of the game for a casual scrub like me and for big part of the fanbase too i think
In a world where Patroklos and his annoying personality got the greenlight, we needed CAS to enjoy his unique playstyle without cringing our faces off.

It was the only good thing about V.

At least there’s a positive thing I could try to list:
  1. Models on character select & versus
  2. Trashy shonen characters look like they're gone.
Of course we have Grohss the Hedgeheg to ruin the second one... Don't really mean to get impassioned but the FGC got their grubby Dorito-dusted fingers all over it I'm guessing.

For what it's worth, also always good to have new players casual or other-wise get interested with any method, CaS being most obvious. Those newcomers could turn into hardcore fans buying future installments, try their hand at tournaments, etc. Everyone starts somewhere after all.

Do y'all think any of the kids will come back? I think they'll make an appearance at most. They could also be DLC I suppose.
I believe, at most, we'll see their costumes as DLC.

This is the unfortunate reality of the situation:

1. No CAS or guest characters = no casual players
2. No casual players = no new SoulCalibur

It's best to just accept it.
There's also overlap of non-casuals who do enjoy CaS, not sure why it has to be exclusive camps.

yall beat this dead horse more than I beat my meat

Do y'all think any of the kids will come back? I think they'll make an appearance at most. They could also be DLC I suppose.
I believe, at most, we'll see their costumes as DLC.
Yeah i'm afraid Natsu's Unique moves will be gone, i'm not even sure i know all attacks she brought, that Taki didn't have.
Because i got so used to them and some were just altered versions of Taki's strings.
A:6 Just Frame was in Soul Calibur 4 too right?
Would definately miss that.

But i'm definately happy to see returning Taki moves and also the new stuff!

Last edited:
Clock's ticking and if the release really is in September, there's nothing to convince me. What other disaster came out that month last year? Disaster with reused assets? MvCI!

Of course we have Grohss the Hedgeheg to ruin the second one... Don't really mean to get impassioned but the FGC got their grubby Dorito-dusted fingers all over it I'm guessing.
If you think the FGC loves edgy trash, you're pretty wrong. I've seen nothing but trashing on characters like Necalli and Noctis (and for good reason).

Huh????? You really think that? That’s sad.
Yes, I really think this. I'm aware of the older Soul games, but they never caught my interest. It was the CaS feature of SoulCalibur 3 that got me into this series. Considering all the fun I had making my own characters and enjoying the gameplay with said characters, I consider the feature mandatory.

Hope this explains my viewpoint better.

Back