Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I know I sound pervy, but it's often something thought - but not said; I hope they allow us to make our CAS' boobies even bigger. I'm talkin' missile enhancements up the whazoo. They owe it to us... somehow.

And just to balance things out, maybe add in a crotch enhancement for the fellers.

Anyone else? :sc1ivy3:
To a crotch slider, yes pleeease! I honestly think the boobs are already giant so I'm not bothered to make them any bigger. More importantly though is a butt slider. It was so unfair making gorgeous men with almost concave backsides.

I know I sound pervy, but it's often something thought - but not said; I hope they allow us to make our CAS' boobies even bigger. I'm talkin' missile enhancements up the whazoo. They owe it to us... somehow.

And just to balance things out, maybe add in a crotch enhancement for the fellers.

Anyone else? :sc1ivy3:
I'd actually like to be able to make them a bit smaller. SoulCalibur V's slider's smallest setting is still too big for being the smallest. I'm not saying we need Amy or Talim tier flatness, but really taking them down to the smallest size seemed like it should have been smaller than it was.

No, there shouldn't be a limit on how many slots at all, except hard drive space. We're not in the age of memory cards and limited storage anymore, so I'm not sure why there should be a limit at all. 50 wasn't enough for SoulCalibur V, especially not when that 50 was shared between both actual custom characters and main character customizations.

---

But on the topic at large, though, I love SoulCalibur for the gameplay, the characters, the story, the customization (both being able to customize the main characters as well as being able to make your own characters are wonderful things), the offline single player modes, the competitive versus modes; I just love it all. All of these things make SoulCalibur, every single piece of it. No other fighting games offer such a wide variety of all these aspects simultaneously, and not just having them, but doing each of these things incredibly well, and that's what makes it so special. It shouldn't lose any piece of the puzzle, or you get a lackluster experience if you've come to love the entire picture.

I agree with you with no character creation limit. If I said 50 slots, its because I hope we didnt get less than this number. I will be really happy to create more than 100 , unlimited chars . But I doubt it will happen. 50 chars seems like définitive limit for cas slots since SCIV.

If there is CaS, I hope there will be 50 slots again.

No way, 50 wasn't enough! The only limitation should be the UI, and with a little bit of clever designing, they can make 50+ characters easy to navigate. Rather than just scrolling left/right or up/down as in past games, they should display created characters in full sheets, not unlike a typical fighting game roster, with two dimensions of navigation. You could have multiple sheets, and tab through them with R1/RB and L1/LB. Easy.

Mostly I just don't want to have to delete my characters in order to make new ones anymore. I remember buying a second memory card for SCIII just to have a couple more slots.

JG was amazingly stupid.I'm also glad it's gone.Maybe you should start playing everything before SC5 and eventually you will appreciate old mechanics.SC5 is disgrace.
I did play SC2, 3, 4, 5 - i appreciate old mechanics, but also i do appreciate not so old mechanics (becaus JG is pretty old if you count it in our years xD).
Please explain what was so amazingly stupid about it?
It was a, not that easy to use defensive mechanic, had it's drawbacks, but allowed for a great counterplay for experienced players.
It gave you (if used right) the frame advantages to turn the game.

I agree, but I will hold judgement on RE. Maybe there are practical ways of using it.
I vaguely remember someone saying you can't to this before but I'm not sure. Can you cancel RE? I think if you could cancel it before the vertical blow hits it would make it more accessible, but the energy gained from parrying could remain, so next time you hit the RE button you immediately do the vertical attack instead of parrying again. That way you wouldn't have access to unlimited parrying but it would make using RE less risky and predictable as you could dole out the final attack whenever you wanted sort of like how Hilde's charge attacks work.

I agree, but I will hold judgement on RE. Maybe there are practical ways of using it.
Yeah - you are right.
I should have said based on what i saw so far from RE ^^.
My problem with it is... that it seems to be pretty lack luster in higher lvl play.
For me it looks like, i won't use it that ofte, because it can bring me more in trouble then it would help most of the time.
You are open if you read wrong and the opponent just goes to the side.
It is a gamble, afterwards (in the animation).
You can counter RE with relativly fast chains.

With the return of the good old Guard Impact, JG become useless.
Not at all, if you open up an enemy with a GI he can answer with a GI.
JG is not a counter, but a deflection - it doesn't interrupt the enemies flow, but opens him up.
That's a different thing - it's similar to RE, but gives you the freedom to act after it like you desire.

I vaguely remember someone saying you can't to this before but I'm not sure. Can you cancel RE? I think if you could cancel it before the vertical blow hits it would make it more accessible, but the energy gained from parrying could remain, so next time you hit the RE button you immediately do the vertical attack instead of parrying again. That way you wouldn't have access to unlimited parrying but it would make using RE less risky and predictable as you could dole out the final attack whenever you wanted sort of like how Hilde's charge attacks work.
This could work pretty well.

It's not equal fair for both players and also kills all mind games.
On the first part i can agree (in some situations)
But killing all mind game? Not at all. Why should it do so?
It's not like a JG counters your movements or something *cough* Algol *cough*
Edit: Basically, your problem with JG is, that you can counter slow attacks pretty easy and you have a safe counterattack on certain attacks(mostly attack with longer animations/long recovery with certain attacks.

Last edited:
Back