Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Updated stats from my online environment.

Context : steam, mainly Europe + Russia zone, Pre-2B patch, me playing Talim, Sophitia, Zasalamel
Poll : 687 encounters

My opponent picked (overrepresented ; underrepresented) :

1. Siegfried (8.2%)
  2. Nightmare (8.0%)
  3. Ivy (6.8%)
  4. Taki (6.3%)
  5. Mitsurugi (6.1%)
  6. Seong Mi-Na (5.4%)
  7. Groh (5.2%)
  8. Sophitia (5.1%)
  9. Kilik (4.8%)
  10. Yoshimitsu (4.8%)
  11. Geralt (4.5%)
  12. Raphaël (4.5%)
  13. Cervantes (4.5%)
  14. Xianghua (4.4%)
  15. Azwel (4.4%)
  16. Zasalamel (3.3%)
  17. Tira (2.9%) (DLC)
  18. Maxi (2.8%)
  19. Voldo (2.8%)
  20. Astaroth (2.8%)
  21. Talim (2.5%)
Feel bad for Talim, she don't deserve this spot.

Full-CAS ratio in ranked is stable : 30%.
Zasalamel, Voldo and Groh are the style being the most full-CASed (over 40%, 48% for Zas).
Tira, Xianghua, Yoshi and Asta being the styles the less full-CASed (15% for Tira, 20% for others).

Hacked inferno : 0.0% (0)
Hacked Lizardman : 0.1% (1)
Rage Quit : 1.0% (7)
Inappropriate CAS : 0.7% (5)

In a more specific way, my PERSONNAL tier-list (statistically, from
the character I beat the least often to the character I beat most often) :
  1. Yrden Geralt
  2. Maxi
  3. Mantis LH Voldo
  4. Azwel
  5. Raphael
  6. Yoshimitsu
  7. Groh
  8. Xianghua
  9. Siegfried
  10. Mi-Na
  11. Cervantes
  12. Zasalamel (play him a bit)
  13. Astaroth
  14. Taki
  15. Ivy
  16. Mitsurugi
  17. Nightmare
  18. Tira
  19. Kilik
  20. Sophitia (play her, know her)
  21. Talim (play her, know her)
I will watch if the patch and 2B change something.

Had the game hang on me for the first time today, post patch 1.10.

Was in creation and as soon as I clicked on mock battle I got blue screen error with the game closing instantly. Sent error report.

Ps4 pro.

So apparently the game updated while it was off and it didn't even tell me when I started the ps4. I was thinking it was coming late for me for some reason, and then low and behold, my flapjack didn't ring out. So it must have updated.

Online is still laggy and the wait times for opponents is WTF

So Taki can't be mixed up anymore

pp550x550.jpg

I also notice that GI timing changed quite a bit.

A plus side to having all four DLC characters be female is that it makes the game less of a sausage fest. Before there were only 6 females out of 20, now there's 10 out of 24. A bit better imo.

That much is true, after keeping thought on the SP matter. Out of guys we're only missing what, Lizardman, Hwang/Yun and Rock? And one is a beast. Then you could count Edgemaster and Algol I guess. Bonus points for ZWEI

However girls... Let's see:
-Cass
-Amy
-Setsuka
-Hilde

Bonus points for Viola.

And then again we got Azwel and Groh as new characters and not a single new girl/woman.

i'm honestly surprise they go for Amy instead of Hilde, Setsuka, or Hwang. Glad for the fans, maybe they had a new vision for the character and they wanted to explore it?

What piss me in the other hand is the idea that Setsuka may never EVER be in a good Soul Calibur game and that really sucks a lot. Please Give us Season 2 with Setsuka and Zwei. PLEASE.

I felt in love with Zwei/Ein unique zoning style, and he had the best 2P outfit ever.

But honestly i can live without Zwei, as i also already know that his chances were always been ultra low anyway, but no Setsuka well that would sucks a lot. Guess it will depends on how Bamco are satisfied or not with actual sales.

I felt in love with Zwei/Ein unique zoning style, and he had the best 2P outfit ever.

But honestly i can live without Zwei, as i also already know that his chances were always been ultra low anyway, but no Setsuka well that would sucks a lot. Guess it will depends on how Bamco are satisfied or not with actual sales.
I imagine they are. It's only behind SCII and SCIV, and in this day and age that means a lot. SC has a lot of casual appeal and it's been put back on track, it'd be dumb to can it now.

Back