Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Welp, i'm not going to base my decision to purchse the season pass off file names. I'll need a little bit more concrete proof than that before i make my decision. Cass and Amy arent really characters i use anyway so it'll depend on what i see from them on their reveal trailers.

There aren't assets for a Soul Chronicle mode for 2B in the patch.
I have a question.
Can people who don't own Season Pass/Tira DLC still fight against Tira players online?
Because I honestly don't know, but if they can, that means they do have at least some Tira files on their version of the game installed to make it happen, but they probably don't have Tira's Soul Chronicles files, because those are not needed in order to play online.
Can it be a similar case with 2B or am I completely off-base?

I have a question.
Can people who don't own Season Pass/Tira DLC still fight against Tira players online?
Because I honestly don't know, but if they can, that means they do have at least some Tira files on their version of the game installed to make it happen, but they probably don't have Tira's Soul Chronicles files, because those are not needed in order to play online.
Can it be a similar case with 2B or am I completely off-base?
Tira was simply on the disc. Every player has all the files for her (including Soul Chronicle stuff).

The 2B files were part of the patch, not as part of the DLC. It would be possible for them to specifically only give out the Soul Chronicle files to people who own the DLC, but I doubt they're doing it. Either way, I'm 99.9% certain she has no Soul Chronicle. The localization file (which would always be part of a patch and not a DLC download) doesn't seem to contain any references to story stuff for 2B.

Tira was simply on the disc. Every player has all the files for her (including Soul Chronicle stuff).

The 2B files were part of the patch, not as part of the DLC. It would be possible for them to specifically only give out the Soul Chronicle files to people who own the DLC, but I doubt they're doing it. Either way, I'm 99.9% certain she has no Soul Chronicle. The localization file (which would always be part of a patch and not a DLC download) doesn't seem to contain any references to story stuff for 2B.
Interesting. Bamco never advertised there to be a Soul Chronicle, yet in the trailer there were all those references to Ivy travelling in time, I wonder if they are really just gonna throw it all out.

Interesting. Bamco never advertised there to be a Soul Chronicle, yet in the trailer there were all those references to Ivy travelling in time, I wonder if they are really just gonna throw it all out.
Not really traveling in time, just that because her body is immortal, that Ivy would be the only member of the cast still living by the time 2B came into existence. It would have been really hard to place this event on the timeline in Soul Chronicle, so I can understand why it wouldn't be there, but there might still be some kind of interaction between them pre-battle or something. Even if 2B doesn't have a Soul Chronicle, though, I don't think it means that Cassandra and Amy can't have their own.

so what clues point to Cassandra and Amy being in?

just their names being listed?

any reference to story mode for either or CAS parts, etc?

Not really traveling in time, just that because her body is immortal, that Ivy would be the only member of the cast still living by the time 2B came into existence.
We don't know that for a fact. It could still be just the usual time/dimension travel through Astral Chaos. Geralt travelled throug dimensions in-canon as well as Patty traveled through time, that's nothing new to the series.

We don't know that for a fact. It could still be just the usual time/dimension travel through Astral Chaos. Geralt travelled throug dimensions in-canon as well as Patty traveled through time, that's nothing new to the series.
The trailer literally showed the years flying by to get to the 118th century, though, that's where the encounter between 2B and Ivy takes place.

Sorry but WHAT THE FUCK is not clicking in the game makers minds? Why the fuck did they leave Tira (fucking dlc) so whack!!1?!1?!

The trailer literally showed the years flying by to get to the 118th century, though, that's where the encounter between 2B and Ivy takes place.
Could have simply been a visual effect to show the timeline. If Ivy literally gets there by surviving for 12000 years, why is she still wearing her SC1/6 outfit in perfect condition and why 2B reacts to her as if shw was some kind of an outsider intruder? Also aren't all humans no exeptions supposed to be dead by that point according to Nier: Automata lore?

so what clues point to Cassandra and Amy being in?

just their names being listed?

any reference to story mode for either or CAS parts, etc?
I can confirm the stuff avoidingthepuddle reported on is among the game files, but otherwise, I haven't seen a single mention of them. I think Namco is trying their best to hide any information about future DLC characters, but they forgot to remove the references in that one file.

I can confirm the stuff avoidingthepuddle reported on is among the game files, but otherwise, I haven't seen a single mention of them. I think Namco is trying their best to hide any information about future DLC characters, but they forgot to remove the references in that one file.
thanks.

well, I just hope we get official confirmation either way, soon.

would be kind of nice to know exactly what I got in the rest of the season pass...…...lol.

and if the files are to be believed, we'll get Cass next!! :)
Well, we'll get the first customization pack next, and then Cassandra, but close enough I guess.

I also just realized that the worst part about not getting Hwang as a character is not being able to see the Seong Dojang in-game. Amy's stage would probably be the training room or general interior/exterior of the Dumas household, but what would Cassandra's stage be, I wonder?

thanks.

well, I just hope we get official confirmation either way, soon.

would be kind of nice to know exactly what I got in the rest of the season pass...…...lol.
The next character reveal will probably be at EVO Japan. Not only is SC6 going to be there, but also the time gap until then lends itself for some sort of announcement happening. Plus, Dragonball Fighterz had a similar leak happen around the time when the game first came out, so this leak is looking to be legit to me.

Well, we'll get the first customization pack next, and then Cassandra, but close enough I guess.

I also just realized that the worst part about not getting Hwang as a character is not being able to see the Seong Dojang in-game. Amy's stage would probably be the training room or general interior/exterior of the Dumas household, but what would Cassandra's stage be, I wonder?
ah yes. CAS parts. that can't come soon enough...…..lol.

as for Cassandra's stage, maybe it will be the family Bakery shop. ;)

I'd love if Cassandra's stage is the interior of Eurydice shrine (if she hopefully is in the game).

Back