Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think the upcoming event should be taken seriously despite there not being any possible Cassie or Amy announcement.

Patch 1.11 was unnecessarily heavy handed.
The fact they seem to be persuaded to patch via online complaints instead of focusing on the net code worries me.

The up and coming characters are probably going to suffer more as Cassie and Amy did have annoying movesets.
Times that by an SC6 grade and you could see characters like that hit pretty hard if players don’t like the way they are online.

So we should make our voices heard in terms of asking them to take their foot off the gas with all the nerfing.
The problem with the character patches is how catered they are to online scrubs who refuse to learn the matchups for the characters they struggle against. I mean look at Nightmare, Siegfried, Voldo, and Azwel. They honestly feel unnecessarily toned down again.

On the bright side, Asta is finally a decent character to play now in the game, same with Tira.

The problem with the character patches is how catered they are to online scrubs who refuse to learn the matchups for the characters they struggle against. I mean look at Nightmare, Siegfried, Voldo, and Azwel. They honestly feel unnecessarily toned down again.

That's exactly what I was talking about when I said

Namco really needs to stop listening to the Talim Fanbase. Nerfing a character because of online is really dumb.

Talim Fanbase = Online Scrubs

Last edited:
That's exactly what I talking about when I said

Talim Fanbase = Online Scrubs
And what of the Talim players that take the time to learn their character and the matchups they need to succeed at a higher level, or the Talim players that go out to compete at local offline events in their region and national events? I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea to badmouth them.

And what of the Talim players that take the time to learn their character and the matchups they need to succeed at a higher level, or the Talim players that go out to compete at local offline events in their region and national events? I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea to badmouth them.

I would have no problem with the Talim players that can do well with her without 6BB6 ~ A+B ~ 2A+B being a crazy NC post - patch 1.10. I don't have a problem with Talim being able to CE cancel the 3rd hit.

@Frayhua No, you should just say online scrubs. There’s no need to lump Talim into your phrasing.

I know, but it's just so much better to mention the Talim Fanbase.

Last edited:
@LisaK That was the first thing I noticed, that it was 2P instead of 2B. I wonder if there will be an explanation why.
Or if it means we're getting a Final Fantasy XIV guest for season two... Is there anyone who yells a lot in Final Fantasy XIV?

Or Snow is Snow Villers (He uses some kind of weapon? I've never played Final Fantasy)
Snow's weapon is a powered battle trench coat. No, really. He punches things with augmented strength granted by emblems sewn into the back of his coat. Final Fantasy can be pretty silly sometimes.

Nah, I don't think you're getting Frayhau's approach to this topic, Crash: if you had a little bubble isolated from the normal flow of time, took an infant and raised them in, it in complete isolation and ignorance of the existence of the internet, and had them train with Talim twelve hours a day from the age of two, then pulled them out at age thirty and brought them to all of the top tournaments, where they carved through all the world's top ranked players, getting a hundred perfects in a row....that player would still be an online scrub. Because Talim.

I know, but it's just so much better to mention the Talim Fanbase.

Ahh, in other words: trolling.

Once you get that her pressure is mostly fake, Talim is fine. Lots of stuff to duck under / step.

I actually think it's more of a waiting game than anything (because she has enough mix-up potentialy athat a smart player is not going to let you be doing that much stepping/ducking), but basically, yeah. If you take the time to learn her strings and don't panic under the pressure, and can hit your GIs pretty reliably, you can shut her down. Don't get me wrong, she's super competitive this time around. She's arguably at the peak of her viability (or at least the best she's been in a well balanced game since SCII), and she can really keep that pressure going once she's closed the distance. But it's all manageable, if you research your match-up.

Last edited:
Asta is easily top tier after his buff-vaganza. Literally nothing whiffs anymore and he seems faster, with even longer grab reach and all that damage to boot. It's such a jarring contrast to his previous state.

I wonder what Okubo is going to do at EVO Japan after his tweet. He said they'll explain what they've done and what they plan to do in the future. Maybe a sort of "What's Next" type of thing. I hope there's something promising there, because we're still waiting on all our Season Pass content.

I wonder what Okubo is going to do at EVO Japan after his tweet. He said they'll explain what they've done and what they plan to do in the future. Maybe a sort of "What's Next" type of thing. I hope there's something promising there, because we're still waiting on all our Season Pass content.

I feel the same.

2B was announced in October and released in December. It is now February. There has been no official announcement of the 1st CAS pack nor anything about the remaining SP characters ( even though they have pretty much been confirmed via leak ).

by the time of EVO Japan, it will have been almost 4 months since the last SP announcement was made (2B).

imo, that's way too long of a stretch to stay silent. you've got to keep your audience informed and excited for the future content, especially those who already purchased the SP.

it's one thing if they already announced all the SP characters at the start. but they didn't do that, not even a silhouette tease or anything.

the longer marketing stays silent, the more ppl will start losing interest. especially as other games come out. and in terms of fighters, the next big game will be MK11 in April. So, I'd think the SC team would like to get some new content out for SC VI before MK11 hits. otherwise, ppl will move on to the next new fighter.

EVO Japan is the right time to announce new content and tease future things. you already have a rapt, interested audience with the tournament.

Ideally, Cassandra and Amy should be revealed at EVO Japan, with Cassandra slated for a late Feb, early March release (at the latest) and Amy by May at the latest. Also, give a CAS pack trailer to preview some of the cool parts coming in the CAS packs, along with release dates for those.

Then, tease future content by previewing Season Pass 2, along with estimated timeline for that. not saying they have to reveal all of SP 2, but at least give us a hint or tease to whet our interest.

Last edited:
Back