Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Promotional art released.

DLC03 and DLC05 are presumably CAS item packs 1 and 2. Looks like they've decided to follow the official naming for future DLC packs which results in there being nothing called DLC02 among game assets (officially, Tira is DLC01 and 2B is DLC02, but Tira is part of the main game according to game assets with 2B's assets being stored in DLC01).
This is really telling to the nature of Tira. Not exactly news for a lot of us, sure, but amusing that internally, she's not even really DLC, because she isn't, she's base game content cut and sold as DLC intentionally, but still "free" to season pass holders, so less controversial, arguably. I still think, if it were me, I would at least still label 2B as DLC02, and not have a DLC01.

The DLC namings for Amy and Cassandra now match up neatly with the directory structure they had listed for season pass 2 characters, which definitely makes me think they're doing the Tekken 7 thing of releasing characters in pairs. This would also imply there will be no CAS item packs for season pass 2 (unless they're part of the character releases or unless they're released for free).
No customization packs for season two would be kind of a shame, really, though my guess currently is that we're getting a small pack of free items with each DLC launch, at least that's the precedent that they're setting. We'll probably get a small pack with Amy and Cassandra as well as with the second customization pack, and hopefully continuing into the second pack. But then again, that they have changed the numbers already, they can always change the numbers again and add more customization packs.

And ironically, there are more Cassandra assets in the latest patch than for Amy. They included facial animation files for Amy and Cassandra, but for Cassandra they also including files related to lipsyncing. Pretty sure these are added by accident.
This part is why I laugh'd your post, if that wasn't clear. This is pretty hilarious if it really was an accident. Shame that we probably can't read the lipsyncing considering they'll have it for Japanese, in all likelihood.

And ironically, there are more Cassandra assets in the latest patch than for Amy. They included facial animation files for Amy and Cassandra, but for Cassandra they also including files related to lipsyncing. Pretty sure these are added by accident.

Hope this means there will be a short span of time between the release of both characters.

Don’t it always seems to go that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone...

Welcome back Amy I wasn’t a massive fan before but watching the trailer, hearing the English VA and reading the battle directors notes I’m really happy she’s back.
She looks super fuckin cool.

As for season 2 thank you cheif inspector @Sectus for giving us the updated information.
It actually gives clarity to the SC community here and hopefully helps stop the nonsensical bickering that happens when we’re starved of information.

As far as the set up for season 2 goes I’m happy with no CAS packs.
And that’s coming from a player that has used 86 slots so far, because my love for this game and it’s characters far exceed my own original creations.

Two drops at a time would be a hell of a lot better than one at a time, two unique styles at a time to extend the duration of interest.

Now it’s just figuring out who they are

Snow and reptile are obvious but the others I’m not so sure.
I don’t know why they would add two similar characters in one season pass which makes me think both Hwang and Yun can’t both be coming back.

I was saying that we would never know how the 6 characters are packaged together, if they would be individual or in sets. This also doesn't discredit that there won't be CaS packs in the future because they don't make code names for those.

Going back to the Season Pass and Tira I always thought of her as a free gift for the Season Pass holders. Because I would look at Season Pass holders as the fans that requested for her in the first place.

I wonder what kind of shenanigans Cassandra is going to get into for her Soul Chronicle? She's like Mina for getting herself into some shit.

And the release of these characters shows their impact on the overall story. You have Rock and Li Long come out first to bring in more Soul Blade history, then show where they are in Soul Calibur. Lizardman and Hwang are then released because Lizardman will have a side of his story that reflects with Rock, Hwang and the others effected by the cultist. Then Setsuka who doesn't really interact with any will go on her journey and return home to learn that Mitsurugi crippled her master. Algol who doesn't interact with anyone will be shown having his sentience and memories return to him in Astral Chaos as all the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur interactions happening in the ten year span. To the point he wakes up and speaks through the conduit.

I wonder what kind of shenanigans Cassandra is going to get into for her Soul Chronicle? She's like Mina for getting herself into some shit.
They have one obvious setup in the current story: Sophitia's story doesn't end with her back home. So they could easily write a story where Cassandra is worried about Sophitia being away for so long, so she travels to find her. It could kinda work as a retelling of her SC2 story.

I wouldn't mind having a silly story for her, though. There's not that much humour in SC6's story modes and I think having one or two more stories centred around it would work.

They have one obvious setup in the current story: Sophitia's story doesn't end with her back home. So they could easily write a story where Cassandra is worried about Sophitia being away for so long, so she travels to find her. It could kinda work as a retelling of her SC2 story.

I wouldn't mind having a silly story for her, though. There's not that much humour in SC6's story modes and I think having one or two more stories centred around it would work.

Shes home in Libra of Soul and I believe she is pregnant because the Conduit gets an Elk sword and shield and when you come back she is with her husband returning hers. She doesn't give any sense of Cassandra brought me home. Seems she just went back after she found Siegfried and got busy edit: got busy with her man! Not like she sat his face and got busy with him to make him feel so at ease.

...and reading the battle directors notes...
Where? WHERE!? Damn it man, speak up, I must know!

All joking aside, I actually have to say, as someone who played Amy for about 95% of the time during SCIV years (and a fair bit before that for SCIII:AE) and who has been desperately looking forward to this announcement, I'm actually a little nervous about what I've seen thus far. It looks like her moveset has seen more of a shake-up than literally anybody else who has been retconned for SCVI thus far. Now that's not necesarily a bad thing, but I do hope a fair number of her legacy moves are mostly tucked in their and just haven't seen much attention because of the somewhat cinematic bent of her trailer.
As far as the set up for season 2 goes I’m happy with no CAS packs.
And that’s coming from a player that has used 86 slots so far, because my love for this game and it’s characters far exceed my own original creations.
My sentiments exactly. I do love CaS as a feature and I've made approximately 400 creations across the games that have featured it, some of which I became quite proud of/attached to. But there's no substitute in terms of content for a moveset. That they apparently added two characters in the place of CaS bundles in the second season pass is definetly a positive development. Besides, I'm sure event then we'll be seeing further creation content; PS have already evidences a willingness to drop a few items with every update for the immediate future, plus each characters comes with about a dozen items. And I'm sure we'll see more pay-for packs (whether part of a season pass or not) before the content for this game pewters out.
Now it’s just figuring out who they are.
Lizardman, Rock, Hwang, Li-long, Yun-seong, and Setsuka. I think you can virtually take those names to the bank at this point. I'll message you links to the relevant discussions when I have time to track them down; alterantively just cruise through the last ten pages of the DLC thread.

Last edited:
Shes home in Libra of Soul and I believe she is pregnant because the Conduit gets an Elk sword and shield and when you come back she is with her husband returning hers. She doesn't give any sense of Cassandra brought me home. Seems she just went back after she found Siegfried and got busy edit: got busy with her man! Not like she sat his face and got busy with him to make him feel so at ease.
Oh yeah, I haven't actually played through Libra of Soul yet so I don't know all the story stuff there. If they don't explain anything about how Sophitia travelled back home then they could still take that route with Cassandra.

Soul Calibur 6 - Amy Battle Director Comment :sc4amy1:
Brought back from SoulCalibur IV, Amy returns as a Rapier wielder having learnt the art of fencing under Raphael. As a fighter, she has a natural talent for 'reading' the enemies movements during the battle.
While she has short range and her attack power is on the low side, she can perform many extremely fast techniques to match the opponent's brute strength in an up-close battle.
While maintaining many of her moves from the previous SOULCALIBURs, SoulCalibur VI adds new actions where she throws roses at the opponent. Even if you have played Amy in the previous games, there are new things to try out this time around. Her unique component in SoulCalibur VI is that she has certain abilities in her movelist that raise an "Abandonment Level" (見切りレベル). Over the course of a match, you can gradually build this up to later unleash a very powerful attack.
As a character, Amy is recommended for players that prefer a more strategic approach to their gameplan that lays their 'cards' out early and then over time, build-ups and wins with a 'strong card' finish to secure the victory.
or Link :sc3amy2:

Hmmm, don't know how I feel about all of that, and definitely continuing to feel that she's been redesigned to a greater extent than other characters. Buuuut I still have very little doubt that she'll be my main for the rest our time with SCVI. :)

Oh yeah, I haven't actually played through Libra of Soul yet so I don't know all the story stuff there. If they don't explain anything about how Sophitia travelled back home then they could still take that route with Cassandra.

I think you're correct and that her running off after Sophitia is what we will get? Or was SCII the time that she went in Sophitia's place? (I think that SCIII, maybe?) Anyway, whichever was the basis for the story in SCII is most likely to be what we get in SCVI, given the strong fidelity they have shown to the original course of events of the early games, for each character thus far.

Hmmm, don't know how I feel about all of that, and definitely continuing to feel that she's been redesigned to a greater extent than other characters. Buuuut I still have very little doubt that she'll be my main for the rest our time with SCVI. :)
I'm thinking she could still be very similar. Battle director says she's got short range, low-ish attack power, and a focus on speed, which is how you could describe her SC4 moveset as well. And he also mentions she still has a lot of her old moves. You can see some old moves in the trailer: like her 236B and 6B. It makes perfect sense for them to focus on new moves for her announcement trailer, so I wouldn't take that as confirmation her moveset is entirely new.

And one more thing, they haven't fully overhauled any character for SC6. I think Seong Mi-na is the character who got the biggest changes, but even in that case it wasn't a complete re-do. I can remember comparing her SC4 and SC6 movesets and I wanna say about half of it is still the same (it was mostly her B attacks which got a big overhaul).

Some datamine snoopings into newest patch:

They updated the directory structure for DLC content. It was like this in the previous patch:
Code:
DLC01 = 2B
DLC02 = Cassandra
DLC03 = Amy
DLC07 = Yell and Stone
DLC08 = Reptile and Yellow
DLC09 = Star and Snow

It is now this:
Code:
DLC01 = 2B
DLC04 = Amy
DLC06 = Cassandra
DLC07 = Yell and Stone
DLC08 = Reptile and Yellow
DLC09 = Star and Snow

DLC03 and DLC05 are presumably CAS item packs 1 and 2. Looks like they've decided to follow the official naming for future DLC packs which results in there being nothing called DLC02 among game assets (officially, Tira is DLC01 and 2B is DLC02, but Tira is part of the main game according to game assets with 2B's assets being stored in DLC01).

The DLC namings for Amy and Cassandra now match up neatly with the directory structure they had listed for season pass 2 characters, which definitely makes me think they're doing the Tekken 7 thing of releasing characters in pairs. This would also imply there will be no CAS item packs for season pass 2 (unless they're part of the character releases or unless they're released for free).

Can you post the files here or via PM?

Back