Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Havent played this in months, just got a notice of a patch. One thing inside says cas part bugs, did they fix the hovering belts or is that something else.

Flapjack overtoss is back, baby!

The dress, boots and tights are separate

:D
Also the neck thingie. So there are four new parts total.

Also it appears Amy's actual data is in, she only needs to be unlocked tomorrow, but it is already possible to fight Amy in Arcade.
She just happened to be battle 8 on Normal difficulty for me, also it appears Arcade ladders are not set in stone anymore (except for Legendary), so she should be able to pop up at any point.
4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Also for the actual patch notes:
1.jpg

2.jpg
Additionally more detailed notes are available in Japanese here: https://sc6.soularchive.jp/update/history.php[/spoiler]

Last edited:
Minor as it is, for anyone who cared, the continuation of Nightmare's quest-line in Libra of Soul properly exists now and unlocks the title finally.
It would appear that they removed the ridiculous requirement of having to have done the third, dialogue-only, "Schwarzwind" mission, which could only be done if your scales are tipped towards "good" in Chapter 4, because you have to fight Siegfried in chapter 4, but "evil" characters won't do this, but then you had to tip your scales back towards "evil" in the postgame to get the last fight to show up. It did exist before, we just discovered this last week, thanks to Azynterrus over on reddit, but now they patched it to "fix" it. Figures.

It would appear that they removed the ridiculous requirement of having to have done the third, dialogue-only, "Schwarzwind" mission, which could only be done if your scales are tipped towards "good" in Chapter 4, because you have to fight Siegfried in chapter 4, but "evil" characters won't do this, but then you had to tip your scales back towards "evil" in the postgame to get the last fight to show up. It did exist before, we just discovered this last week, thanks to Azynterrus over on reddit, but now they patched it to "fix" it. Figures.
Of all the... Well, that speaks for itself. Well, good on them for finding the actual conditions. Granted, seems a bit stupid to have had that as a requirement in the first place, but at least that whole in the titles list is filled, and thanks, now I know how I'll go about things if I do Libra over again eventually. Probably will at some point.

So it would seem that Amy's SoulCalibur IV outfit isn't quite... complete. It seems to be lacking proper undergarments.
IaW3Mt0.jpg
Nothing really suitable to replace them, either. Mostly everything conflicts, and the few things that don't, don't really sell the idea.

Good job, customization crew. Amy's moveset will show plenty of panties using her own outfit. :sc4amy1:

Amy still isn't showing up for me and I've looked everywhere. Anyone know what might be the problem?
She's not playable yet. Just her customization outfit is available and the balance patch is live, and you can fight her in Arcade Mode.

So it would seem that Amy's SoulCalibur IV outfit isn't quite... complete. It seems to be lacking proper undergarments.
IaW3Mt0.jpg
Nothing really suitable to replace them, either. Mostly everything conflicts, and the few things that don't, don't really sell the idea.

Good job, customization crew. Amy's moveset will show plenty of panties using her own outfit. :sc4amy1:

She's not playable yet. Just her customization outfit is available and the balance patch is live, and you can fight her in Arcade Mode.
It's because she wears the same bloomers in her SC6 outfit, so when she comes out you can use those

So I found Amy in Arcade, stage 4, while using Siegfried on Very Hard. I thought I'd give some wobbly impressions based off what I can tell from the horrendous performance of the CPU (she mostly just stands still). Might add to this list after more tinkering.

• First off, she looks amazing and puts the other character designs to shame imo.
  • Generally quick as a bee. She will be hell to face when mastered.
  • Her rose tossing is quite frequent, very steppable and rather short ranged. The roses couple nicely with some combos and I think some are guaranteed hits. They take a small sliver of health.
  • At least one rose toss turns her around, back against opponent which is interesting since her backflip move is as good as ever.
  • Her 66B is very steppable.
  • The old 3B:A (?..i forget) mid-low is reactable.
  • 2B+K is not so reactable lol. Might be my imagination but it feels even faster.
  • She has a nice new range of spinny, flippety moves that mix fluidly into eachother and looks amazing. She WILL be a joy to play.
  • Same stringy audio cues as Raphael for some moves, although with a different pitch.
  • She has one cool new move/combo where she gets the opponent up in the air and repeatedly thrusts upward for nice damage.
  • Her normal CE is indeed somewhat weaker than most others CEs, but not by alot. No, it is probably standard damage, actually.
  • Suprisingly high damage overall, at least for some combos.

Last edited:
Wait so Kilik can cancel his SC and his regular CE heal him, that's pretty huge change, and some characters seems to have new stuff.

Also they seem to finally fix the issue of second hit of Ivy's SC 4bb

Back