Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Rusted Blade

[11] Champion
@UKStormDragon did you hear about a July patch being scheduled? They did say the final season pass character would be released with the next patch.
No, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe they've said anything to that effect. They did say the next patch would be a major one, or something along those lines. They also said, some time ago, that the last season pass character would arrive by the end of summer. I think you may be conflating the two statements into one?

Rusted Blade

[11] Champion
It doesn't say July, but for sure, the next major patch will have the 6th DLC in it, that was a thing from the latest Q&A:

Thanks, I guess I was the one misremembering; I reviewed an abridged version of the transcript just to be sure before responding to Saru there, but for whatever reason, it didn't include that (rather salient) detail! Well it's enthusing. Of course, I don't know that we can feel at all certain of a July patch, so I'm not sure it changes too much, but it does at least show that things are far enough along on the new patch that they are fairly concrete as to what is in it. Better'n nothing, I'd say. :)

Rusted Blade

[11] Champion
Since Cass took that long I hope at least she will come with an EXTRA, like a stage or something.
Don't hold your breath. A stage is a major investment of resources--nearly comparable in man hours to a character and in terms of both their willingness to invest in such things and the availability of necessary talent, I guarantee you're not going to see stages just randomly slipped in for free, at least not any time soon. Plus, the language the devs used in the recent Q&A makes it clear that this is something they are only just now seriously looking into/considering and that, as of that point, they hadn't even firmly committed to more stages, let alone begun developing such content. Given how long a stage would take, and all other factors, I'd say the probability of seeing another new stage in season one is effectively zero. I wish it weren't so and its another case of something I'd love to be wrong about, but on the list of things I believe we can safely call at this point, that's near the top.

Best case scenario, we get a little freebie dump of CaS items this patch, in addition to whatever season pass owners get with Cassie. Who knows, maybe they'll show uncharacteristically similar thinking to the fanbase here and throw in Edge Master. He still strikes me as something that is super cheap to do that would nonetheless tickle the nostalgia of veteran players and make the game feel just ever so slightly more like a complete traditional SC experience.

For anyone who's interested, the full official 4 disc official soundtrack to Soul Calibur VI is releasing next week
(Japan only / so will need to import for those overseas)

,View attachment 63819
©BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
[SRIN-1161] - 5,184円 (roughly 47 USD/ 43 Euros) https://sweeprecord.com/srin-1161/
You know, that album cover raises a question: is that eyeball that Soul Edge has not more trouble than it's worth? I mean, how much good can it actually be doing when the eyesight of its wielder is usually perfectly up to the task of smashing it around? Meanwhile, any time someone wielding Soulcalibur wants to destroy Soul Edge (and I mean any time) they go straight for that eye as the weak spot. I mean, if I were a demonic, sentient, soul-stealing sword, I think the last thing I would want to do would be to grow a classic video game boss weak spot, rather than staying, you know, just a sword made of evil (but presumably quite resilient) metal.

Last edited:

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
I'm afraid if there came a stage with cassandra in season one, they'd have said so before, to further advertise season one.

But i hope we get a few stages with season two.
I mean, if they do make a stage, might as well make a bunch more while they're at it.
And lack of stages is a complaint i read often.

Provided there will be a season two.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
For anyone who's interested, the full official 4 disc official soundtrack to Soul Calibur VI is releasing next week
The best place I’ve found personally is at CDJapan, with coupon code SUMMER19C200 to save 200 yen, or if you add 200 yen to your purchase (so buy almost anything else), you can instead use SUMMER19C500 to save 500 yen (requires 5000 yen purchase, but the soundtrack is only 4800 yen).

UKStormDragon

[06] Combatant
@UKStormDragon did you hear about a July patch being scheduled? They did say the final season pass character would be released with the next patch.
I'm going with the current patch schedule as they've generally always released a patch every month, and if i remember correctly the last june patch wasn't really that big and contained a few fixes which means that most of it could have been saved for the upcoming patch.

Rusted Blade

[11] Champion

,View attachment 63819
©BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
[SRIN-1161] - 5,184円 (roughly 47 USD/ 43 Euros) https://sweeprecord.com/srin-1161/
Maybe the eyeball is the real source of strength? SoulCalibur II’s Soul Edge (Complete) for Nightmare got a bunch of extra ones. Kappa

Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember that: whoever designed that silly thing clearly never experienced how unpleasant it is to get blood in your eye. I can't imagine even an Eldritch Abomination soul-sucking sword made of fangs and connective tissues would find it pleasant.