Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

She's not gonna be announced... Its not going to happen...
I can't wait anymore.
I'm going to play Soulcalibur 2 and pretend she's arrived.
I'm having so much fun guys, pretend that you're happy that she's here. By pretending we can be happy. Don't leave me hanging, she's here, our queen.
PKnizWH.gif

I'm gonna stay up all night, but not because I'm waiting for Cassandra, I'm just staying up because Cass is so much fun!

I can't wait anymore.
I'm having so much fun guys, pretend that you're happy that she's here. By pretending we can be happy. Don't leave me hanging, she's here, our queen.
PKnizWH.gif

I'm gonna stay up all night, but because I'm waiting for Cassandra, I'm just staying up because Cass is so much fun!
Oh god, we've just lost Starringrole! Stay strong everyone! Starringrole will not be forgotten. T_T

I can't wait anymore.

I'm gonna stay up all night, but not because I'm waiting for Cassandra, I'm just staying up because Cass is so much fun!
....jpg

I think the LAST thing this game needs is another guest character. 2B and geralt are enough. However, if it's a guest character that just comes completely out of left field and takes everyone by surprise like Negan I wouldn't mind. problem is, is there a character outside of video games that would get an arena full of people hyped? im pretty sure now would've been a good time to pull the Star Wars card. imagine that, at the end of the season 2 announcement, before the trailer fades to black, you'd hear Darth Vader breathing. everyone in the stadium erupts. goosebumps everywhere

a lad can dream....

I think the LAST thing this game needs is another guest character. 2B and geralt are enough. However, if it's a guest character that just comes completely out of left field and takes everyone by surprise like Negan I wouldn't mind. problem is, is there a character outside of video games that would get an arena full of people hyped? im pretty sure now would've been a good time to pull the Star Wars card. imagine that, at the end of the season 2 announcement, before the trailer fades to black, you'd hear Darth Vader breathing. everyone in the stadium erupts. goosebumps everywhere

a lad can dream....
How would you feel if you got Nakoruru?

NO.
MORE.
GUESTS.

(Not that I actually believe season two is anything but Hwang/Aeon/Li Long/Rock/Yun-seong/Setsuka.)
Odd, do you think they'd put Yun-Seong AND Hwang in the game? I mean sure there might be an occasional flip here and there, but isn't their gameplay similar in many ways? besides, in the games they have appeared together in, Hwang was always the better alternative while Yun was always a low to mid-tier character. plus Hwang is already in SC6 anyways. I think he's guaranteed a spot on the roster. unless SC6 is going for a 2 characters per weapon style kind of thing.

As much as I wouldn't want a guest character, you guys really need to face reality and expect one lol. Game development is still a business and the core fans aren't the only audience they're trying to attract to the game. The only thing we can hope for is that it's a guest character that makes sense for the game. I honestly wouldn't mind Nakoruru or even Sekiro or Dante as the guest character since they would be a better fit than Spawn or Yoda which I thought were too out of place. Now if we're talking about marketing and guest characters, it would be amazing if Bandai Namco introduces Kunimitsu for SoulCalibur VI as a guest character and for Tekken 7 as an upcoming DLC at the same time.

If I could dream though, I would still want Li Long with a three-section staff to be added into the game. A predecessor to Z.W.E.I. would also be a cool addition and it would also be amazing if we could customize the appearance of the wolf spirit to look like something else in character creation (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fan here).

Why
NO.
MORE.
GUESTS.

(Not that I actually believe season two is anything but Hwang/Aeon/Li Long/Rock/Yun-seong/Setsuka.)
Why would they add so much clones in that season pass?

Hwang AND Yun
Rock And Li long

Original weapons should be priority as there’s only so much difference you can make to those characters.
Cassandra and Amy are proof of that.
We can’t wait months and months like we have been doing for clones.
That’s going to have a real negative impact on anyone that doesn’t want a SC1 carbon copy.

Guest or New characters over anymore “copies” SC6 doesn’t have the luxury to waste slots like it could with 4.

Why

Why would they add so much clones in that season pass?

Hwang AND Yun
Rock And Li long

Original weapons should be priority as there’s only so much difference you can make to those characters.
Cassandra and Amy are proof of that.
We can’t wait months and months like we have been doing for clones.
That’s going to have a real negative impact on anyone that doesn’t want a SC1 carbon copy.

Guest or New characters over anymore “copies” SC6 doesn’t have the luxury to waste slots like it could with 4.

there's so much wrong with this.

Cassandra and Amy aren't copies or clones. Guests require significantly more time money and effort than legacy characters so it most likely not happen again.

SCVI already has 2 high profile guests in the game. What more do you ask from them?

I'm really pissed now!

they couldn't even give us our own damn dlc at the end of our tournament! But they do it for dragonball!
They did this? They actually did this. Jfc

There better be something else alongside Cassandra if we really have to wait until Tekken 7 finals for an announcement. Having to endure that long silent period for one announcement, which will be a character that was datamined 8 months ago, is not going to bode well for this game.

Odd, do you think they'd put Yun-Seong AND Hwang in the game? I mean sure there might be an occasional flip here and there, but isn't their gameplay similar in many ways? besides, in the games they have appeared together in, Hwang was always the better alternative while Yun was always a low to mid-tier character. plus Hwang is already in SC6 anyways. I think he's guaranteed a spot on the roster. unless SC6 is going for a 2 characters per weapon style kind of thing.
SoulCalibur VI more than proved that we can have two users of the same weapon play very differently from one another. Siegfried and Nightmare, Seong Mi-na and Kilik, Raphael and Amy, and the upcoming Sophitia and Cassandra.

That being said, Hwang and Yun-seong are already quite different. Hwang is more serious, and Yun-seong is more wild. Hwang has signature moves that Yun-seong never got, and Yun-seong has his Crane Stance that Hwang doesn’t. They’re more than capable of coexistence.

Rock And Li long
In the same way, even though Astaroth took a lot from Rock, the opportunity exists to make Rock with a hammer have more hammer-style moves to really set him apart, much like the others have been done. Li Long can continue his SoulCalibur III venture of dual nunchaku, which fought quite differently than Maxi, or even the long-sought-after three section staff, to be even more unique.

yeaht that guy who posted stuff like world tour....that really doesn't seem likely now. He deleted his tweet too
It’s also possible he was asked to delete it, leaks or whatever. But yeah, 50/50. Janemba trailer stings, though. I really think they couldn’t possibly make the disdain for SoulCalibur any more transparent.

Edit: Added reply to Dissidia.

Last edited:
Back