Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Vamp Raph?
I mean, honestly, Z.W.E.I. would fit that pretty perfectly, and E.I.N. is a bit grey...
DyPvT6IX0AAShge.jpg large.jpg

They did this once; her name was Leixia. Aping XIanghua's style and stealing Hwang's kicks. It wasn't pleasant. Never again.

At that rate, pink might be our lesbian loli barbarian Rock replacement, who is wearing a flamingo pelt, hence the pinkness.

The only way it could get worse than that is if they then swapped grey out from Setsuka to her master, but I doubt they'd do any of these things.
Real life can go to hell. Don't you dare diss my virtual waifu like that!

BTW I'm gonna be that guy. Looking at Hilde's bust I hope to god they haven't been buffed, her body is delicious with those C cups and homeland backside.

View attachment 67677
Man
of
Culture

Just so you know armor is only as tough as it's thickness and a breast plate can be thicker and thinner in different places. Not trying to argue with you here, just letting you know what and actual armour smith said about the matter some years ago.
Yes, of course the the density and thickness of plate armour varies considerably (and some variations are more contoured than others) but molding breasts into them is absolute nonsense and nothing more than an anime/gaming trope for the purposes of titillating (pun definitely intended!) younger demographics--although at this point it might reasonably be said that plenty of character designers do it because they've seen it done themselves so many times at this point and don't even register that its asinine.

The boob armour is silly, but it isn't actually too far off some historical armour worn by generals and royalty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_cuirass

I find it a bit funny as the boob armour implies her bust size is big, but I'm pretty sure Hilde actually has one of the smaller bust sizes compared to rest of the cast.

Anyway, I really hope she comes with her SC4 or SC5 outfit as bonus. I kinda like the whole queen motif with the new design, but I miss the full armour she wore in older games (especially the one in SC4).

Yes, of course the the density and thickness of plate armour varies considerably (and some variations are more contoured than others) but molding breasts into them is absolute nonsense and nothing more than an anime/gaming trope for the purposes of titillating (pun definitely intended!) younger demographics--although at this point it might reasonably be said that plenty of character designers do it because they've seen it done themselves so many times at this point and don't even register that its asinine.

Ok, ending my shitposts as a degenerate waifu obsessed cave dweller after the character reveal; I actually feel very conflicted right now. As someone who studies game development, I can totally understand why the developers would add in Hilde and it makes absolute sense since she honestly brings the most to the table compared to other characters who aren't revealed yet, especially in a character creation standpoint. But as a fan, I was really hoping for Hwang so I am put into a very weird spot with how I feel about the reveal lol. It's weird to be both excited and disappointed at the same time after the reveal.

Oh well, there's Guilty Gear 2020 tomorrow to be excited about. I want Baiken to come back but don't want to be disappointed so I'm not gonna hope or expect her to be revealed the same way I expected Hwang this time around.

Ok, ending my shitposts as a degenerate waifu obsessed cave dweller after the character reveal; I actually feel very conflicted right now. As someone who studies game development, I can totally understand why the developers would add in Hilde and it makes absolute sense since she honestly brings the most to the table compared to other characters who aren't revealed yet, especially in a character creation standpoint. But as a fan, I was really hoping for Hwang so I am put into a very weird spot with how I feel about the reveal lol. It's weird to be both excited and disappointed at the same time after the reveal.

Oh well, there's Guilty Gear 2020 tomorrow to be excited about. I want Baiken to come back but don't want to be disappointed so I'm not gonna hope or expect her to be revealed the same way I expected Hwang this time around.
Honestly, it's just pure marketing that drives the DLC choices. They gotta sell man.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 12.15.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 12.14.55 AM.png

Anybody else notice how they even combined two of her old concepts and threw a new color palette on them? While the latter is a really amazing design, reworking it seems a pretty frugal move to me. I have a feeling we won't see much in the way of full redesigns/wholly new designs this go round since Haohmaru is a newcomer and we're missing two legacy styles that can be easily tweaked for SCVI. Just hoping we get brown-haired Setsuka considering that the majority of our female cast ran through the beauty supply store's clearance hair dyes.

Last edited:
Back