Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Where did you see this, might I ask? I looked through the patch notes I could google translate but I could find anything saying that.
Sliders.png

Yo, this crazy, Hwang has totally new life, new moves, and still I find this development so him. He is willing to fight the evil so much that he has to start a dark path.

This also open way more interaction possible and dramatic outcome witg Yun-Seong basically discovering his idol is also a masked assassin... and therefor have a nervous breakdown and start his own path

Yo, this crazy, Hwang has totally new life, new moves, and still I find this development so him. He is willing to fight the evil so much that he has to start a dark path.

This also open way more interaction possible and dramatic outcome witg Yun-Seong basically discovering his idol is also a masked assassin... and therefor have a nervous breakdown and start his own path
Maybe it could kinda change his story a little bit too, to make him just a tad bit more responsible. Plus, if Hwang gets to be more story involved, if Yun and MiNa are tied to him, they'll be more story relevant too. I've literally just woken up though, so I'm kinda talking out my ass. Like your idea though

Just checked the CaS parts & Yun-seong is confirmed to be the STAR of SCVI Season 3 because all the datamines are right & the similar weapons argument is dead.

Yo, this crazy, Hwang has totally new life, new moves, and still I find this development so him.
It feels like the 3 game's worth of evolution of his moveset and presentation has been crammed into SC6.
I wonder how much of SC6 Hwang was planned for SC2 / SC3.

He is willing to fight the evil so much that he has to start a dark path.
Hwang's always been one of the most true-heroic characters. It would be super interesting to see an "alternate" history where he has a dark shady past and how it affect the ones he cares most about.

Just checked the CaS parts & Yun-seong is confirmed to be the STAR of SCVI Season 3 because all the datamines are right & the similar weapons argument is dead.
While it's not necessarily confirmed, I do agree, arguing the similar weapons argument is pointless. I mean with Cass and Sophie it was already over. If we do get a season 3 I'd be willing to bet my spleen that we'd get Yun.

The Hwang announcement on the Bandai Namco EU page says Hwang is the last DLC character for Soulcalibur 6.

Hwang the Korean swordsman will make his return into the fight in SOULCALIBUR VI starting December 2 after his last official appearance in 2005’s SOULCALIBUR III. Fast, agile, precise, he defeats his enemies in style with combos of kicks and swirling sword attacks.

Hwang will be the last DLC character of SOULCALIBUR VI.

Take a new look at this master of the sword in action with this new trailer!

Hwang will be part of the Season Pass 2 for SOULCALIBUR VI and will also be purchasable individually.

The Hwang announcement on the Bandai Namco EU page says Hwang is the last DLC character for Soulcalibur 6.

Yeah.... I had a feeling that was gonna be the case, Season 3 was too good to be true imo.
I think that Hwang is ending the game's DLC and overall post-launch content on a high note.

It's a good send-off due to being a long-time requested character, someone we haven't seen in over a decade, and someone who was heavily speculated to be in even before 6 was out.
For a revival of a series, I think the game did really well, it brought back some hype as well as introduced players to the FGC once more, both new and old, and brought in new players overall, which was what the series needed in the past decade imo.

I'm really happy about this game being a thing and satisfied with it's conclusion.
SC7 in 2024 or something idk.

Back