Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I liked the woodprint aesthetic they used in earlier builds, but I like the new updated UI because it really looks polished *coughcoughlol*. I'm quite liking the brassy look going on and it feels more in line with the previous SC games.

Plus, they changed the colors of the HP bar so it's not so jarringly off anymore. Instead it's just dark blue > blue > yellow lol.
It has such a Retro Vibe

I love Ivy lol

"I swear, I'll tear you apart!" :sc4ivy1:
It looks like they turned her Critical Finish from SCIV into a move she can access in Soul Charge. I can't wait for some high level gameplay!

Also, highly doubt CS is gone.

The desert stage seems to be the site of the great Buddha statues in Afghanistan, which were destroyed two decades ago by the Taliban.
A political statement from Project Soul...? x)

Still no SC6 trailer in MS conference. Maybe it will be shown at Sony's? Hope a trailer in one of those 2 big conf.

maxip2.jpg

This is what i meant by next stream. I don't think that was all for today. They might not show a new character but we'll at least see more gameplay. We're yet to see Yoshimitsu anyways.

It says "today" there...besides, it says it will be at youtube live, and the last one on twitch, not in the main E3 transmission.

2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – MatPat, Soulcalibur VI, Battlefield V, and Spyro Reignited Trilogy – Immediately following the Xbox briefing, we react to the news with MatPat, Ashley Jenkins from Rooster Teeth, Kyle Bosman, AngryJoe, and more are joined by Xbox executive Aaron Greenberg to answer your questions about Xbox’s massive announcements. Plus, Soulcalibur VI comes by to show the first gameplay of a new character, we showcase brand new gameplay footage for the first time of Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and the team at DICE joins us to preview the latest news on Battlefield V. Plus more games revealed for the first time in Xbox’s briefing come first to the YouTube stage.

https://gaming.youtube.com/e3

Based on Okubo's tweet, he'll be on around 3:10 pm PDT.

Is there a higher resolution video ?

My immediate take-away for the new HUD is it that it looks way worse than the treasure-map style of the prior HUD design, something blurry taken from a PSP screenshot.

The new one I suppose I'll grow into once I see some higher resolution, but (as someone mentioned earlier) it looks more like a bronze carving rather than something on parchment. The sketch-esque nature is something I'll miss.

Some thoughts:

1) How will Taki's soul charge energy glyph tattoos appear if a CAS is using her moveset but has a really baggy outfit / armor?

2) Zas's CF seems to hit crouchers even at close range.

3) Black/silver/navy palette on 2p Zas looks pretty cool.

4) Dark Legacy Siegfried's weapon glow, looks just like his normal bump map (being blue/purple) and looks really unpolished. Visuallly it is disappointing but the CF damage was incredible (feels like 45%) when he scored it on CH against Taki. He also seemed to generate some flame effects but it was hard to understand what it came from

5) Maxi's loop looks good with the green flash.

6) Geralt actually looks unpolished for his animations (ie during the backswing and he returns to neutral stance). You'll notice some attacks he switches to his silver sword as well ala Yoshimitsu.

Is it me or they actually nerfed a bit Ivy's breast lol, also her face change a little bit (maybe it just me or the lighting)

Back