Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This whole idea that Harada and Okubo are somehow foes fighting for the fate of Tekken and SC respectively is a silly fiction created by salty stans who add a whole new level of speculation (short on any realistic insight into the industry and long on fabricated melodrama) every time there is the slightest setback for one franchise or the other. In reality, these two men are colleagues, and further are employees fairly well down the hierarchy of the overall Namco decision making chain. As developers, they are two senior figures on their respective teams, but they both get their marching order from higher up: the idea that they are in position to have some sort of machiavellian struggle for team resources is silly; the certain reality is that they have to coordinate very closely on these products and there's never been the least hint in interviews or industry media to suggest that they have anything but a perfectly friendly working relationship.
Indeed. this site is where I learned of this story.

I'm excited for the future of the series, and I think there's a very strong possibility of SCVII happening, but probably not for a few more years. As previously said, SCVI sold surprisingly well and more than SCV, so if we got a SCVI after the performance of SCV, we can almost be certain that we will get an SCVII.

So no more concept art it seems? Voldo's and Asta's birthdays have gone by without any new artwork. And I guess they'll keep whatever crazy designs they've come up with for Yoshi for later use in Tekken, too.

So no more concept art it seems? Voldo's and Asta's birthdays have gone by without any new artwork. And I guess they'll keep whatever crazy designs they've come up with for Yoshi for later use in Tekken, too.
I did ask about characters that have unknown birthdays and they said that they won't forget about characters like Yoshi. It looks like they have.

Another victim to the blanding trend:

bandai-namco-logo-change2021.jpg

Back