Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Or why I said the guest should have been female for once.
I'm totally down for that, but I also would like to see a completely new original female character.
Also, do we have any word about alternative costumes? Still wishing if we'll have them and if some of them will be designed by collaborative artists (Mari Shimazaki?).

Raph is just worth a bit more worry right now. Talim is essentially confirmed with Okubo's twitter tease while there's nothing at all on Raph yet. Plus there's also Amy who has a style that's similar to Raph but is better all around and she's more popular just as a character too, so while it's unlikely there's also a chance that they'd go for Amy instead.

I missed Max's stream as well as the mini exhibition before that, can anyone please give me a link to those? Id be grateful.

Raph is just worth a bit more worry right now. Talim is essentially confirmed with Okubo's twitter tease while there's nothing at all on Raph yet. Plus there's also Amy who has a style that's similar to Raph but is better all around and she's more popular just as a character too, so while it's unlikely there's also a chance that they'd go for Amy instead.
I just don't find the idea of having Amy without Raphael to be reasonable at all, with how big of a story focus this game has. Amy's survival is contingent upon Raphael's existence. I know that they could rewrite her story to not include Raphael, but how/why they would do that when Raphael has other significance elsewhere, it just doesn't make any sense.

I agree with all this.
I think it would make a really fascinating case study to know the details of this game, and what sorts of stuff went down regarding its development.
Oh, how I wish I could be a fly on the wall in Project Soul's workplace!

Saaaame. I really want the full story of V's development, before and after even (basically whatever led to LS).

I hope there's at least one more new character besides Groh's dad. Mainly for two reasons:

1. It'd be kind of lame if the only two new characters were father and son.
2. I want a new female character, one that actually holds her own as something legitimately new and not replacing anyone, and will actually stick around.

Raph's lower tier status would be a sad excuse to exclude him. I think character popularity is linked to their tier, ie if mitsu was crap people would stop playing him as well. The devs can easily tweak his style to make him viable, fix the holes in his prep offence, give him some damaging counters (4A crumple stun), give him at least one horizontal mid to catch step reliably. I don't know a single character that has so many moves being negative on hit, that just makes no sense at all. The devs chose him to be that way, no wonder he is not popular. Using this as a reason to exclude him is quite infuriating.

My arguments don't hold up for Talim obviously, but she has the loli factor and is fun to play despite being crap. (Which would also be easily fixed with frame data changes)

I hope there's at least one more new character besides Groh's dad. Mainly for two reasons:

1. It'd be kind of lame if the only two new characters were father and son.
2. I want a new female character, one that actually holds her own as something legitimately new and not replacing anyone, and will actually stick around.

People wanted the originals back. People like new characters, but not when they replace established characers that have been in 2 or more games in the franchise. Remember how you felt when Natsu replace Taki.

People wanted the originals back. People like new characters, but not when they replace established characers that have been in 2 or more games in the franchise. Remember how you felt when Natsu replace Taki.
Isn't that what I basically said?

What is @Hayate's next video going to be? Can anyone do a break down of Geralt or Sophie or any other character besides Groh and Kilik that Hayate already completed?

What is that move that Geralt does where he ducks and a pink symbol appears on the ground? How is it used?

I'am trying to have the best information before going for a breakdown. I'am working with the best french player that are analysing really deep every video they see of their character. Pretty sure I will go for Maxi , Siegfried or Zasalamel in the next weeks. Geralt is completely new, I don't want to make mistakes in my video.

As for the "new story mode", I guess for a CAS based story mode ?

"In terms of the roster, the big theme of the development of SoulCalibur VI is that “SoulCalibur-ness” and what that means is being able to play with a wide variety of weapons. So we have a huge weapon portfolio and making that experience the most enjoyable is what helped determine the roster in many ways."

This is important for Raphael (Rapier Style) and Hilde (Spear) which are unique.

Last edited:
I didn't represent anyone, nor did I claim to. Look around, and you'll see that many people are legitimately bummed out at the prospect of Raphael being in the game. We've already discussed the polls, at length. Maybe read the thread a little bit before you come flying in with your pants down.

I read ALL the thread before sign in to the forum. Cause some people didn't like the results of the poll, they found some excuse do discredit it : "japan only", "10000 votes only", "some talim fanboy raid the poll with multiples votes",
The rest of us were out on dates, only the Talim and Taki fanboys were home.

The usual BS of people unable to accept a different opinion of their own, convinced of the superiority of their idea.

I enjoy that in reality, the community cares more about Raphael than they do Talim.

What do you enjoy, exactly? On what is based your reality? What do you consider unreal? Where exactly did the community say it care more about Raphael? I saw the people concerned about Raph, and I'm too. You're the only one saying you care more about Raph than Talim. You 're probably not alone, but in any case you can speak for community.

People can just express how concerned they are without spitting on others priority. It's true for every character, for CAS, for casuals and newcomers.

As for the "new story mode", I guess for a CAS based story mode ?

I hope so! Custom characters haven't had agency since SoulCalibur III. Maybe if we're super lucky, we can see the return of some Chronicles folks.

"In terms of the roster, the big theme of the development of SoulCalibur VI is that “SoulCalibur-ness” and what that means is being able to play with a wide variety of weapons. So we have a huge weapon portfolio and making that experience the most enjoyable is what helped determine the roster in many ways."

This is important for Raphael (Rapier Style) and Hilde (Spear) wich are unique.
This is a good point, which is what's perplexing about Vergeben even suggesting that we might not get Raphael. Hilde as DLC is more or less a given, as would be Setsuka, because neither of them have compelling storylines or unique interactions that are important for the story, but Raphael has had several important story beats across the series since his inclusion. Unless all that was really meant was that Raphael would be the last revealed character, in which case, perhaps we as a community overreacted, I just can't imagine not having him in at all, even if he was DLC.

View attachment 49451
Someone should send the pic to develop twitter to fix that. The pose is good, but left hand just go into the armor.

I agree, it looks like a halfassed job. But oddly enough, people usually don't want those kind of small errors to be fixed, because it only wasting time and resource. Just think the armor as some kind of magical armor that can go through the wearer's body and move along lol.

I read ALL the thread before sign in to the forum. Cause some people didn't like the results of the poll, they found some excuse do discredit it : "japan only", "10000 votes only", "some talim fanboy raid the poll with multiples votes",

The usual BS of people unable to accept a different opinion of their own, convinced of the superiority of their idea.

What do you enjoy, exactly? On what is based your reality? What do you consider unreal? Where exactly did the community say it care more about Raphael? I saw the people concerned about Raph, and I'm too. You're the only one saying you care more about Raph than Talim. You 're probably not alone, but in any case you can speak for community.

People can just express how concerned they are without spitting on others priority. It's true for every character, for CAS, for casuals and newcomers.

I'm not going to argue with you, because frankly, I have no idea what you're trying to argue. People also like Talim? Tell me something I didn't know. No one here is trying to argue that Raphael is more popular than Talim - especially not me. Hell, even Amy has more stock than him around these parts. I'm merely observing that when Talim possibly not being in the game was discussed, there was noticeably less of a reaction compared to the possibility that there may be no Raphael (though it's not entirely a level comparison because it wasn't rumored, but rather implied seeing as how Talim wasn't in Soul Calibur), and that's a fact, so I didn't exactly bust those words out of my ass. If you'd like to discredit me, feel free to start your own poll on the matter.

Personally, I don't take the community poll seriously, and I will absolutely mock it because you would have to be stoned to think that the 837 or whatever pedophiles human beings who voted for Talim are indicative of any kind of real metric of popularity in the face of millions who play the game.

Back