Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I honestly can't understand you people who doubt Talim's popularity. Like it or not, she IS popular. Aside from the popularity poll, there's a high demand for her. That doesn't mean disregarding the popularity poll cause that's stupid. 10k isnt the entire sc fandom but it isn't a small amount either. I think you're all blinded by how no one used her in tournaments, which is INCREDIBLY stupid since the competitive scene is significantly small compared to the people who play the game casually.

You're free to like or dislike her, but get it through your thick skulls, Talim IS popular.

Who is openly doubting her popularity? I don't doubt she is popular, but there are other polls out there where she did not come in first place. The most recent poll by Eventhubs saw her in 9. Point is, these polls *are* stupid, and nobody should be treating them as actual data if they want to gloat about their favourites.

At the same time, people need to understand that the mentalities towards characters aren't much different than say, sports teams. If you can't handle the idea of someone making fun of a fictional character you play, then God help you haha.

Yeah, hoping for at the least 7 females in the base roster (which would be lackluster, but it's the best-looking scenario at the moment with Talim, Tira and Cassandra all having chances to make it in and Hilde and Setsuka looking not good). Any less is unacceptable. God, please put Cassandra in. Please.

I have a question,. Why is it ok/acceptable that people are allowed to imply and accuse anyone who likes Amy or Talim of a of being a pedophile?

It's kind of effed up isn't it?

Because some people can't accept that others like something they don't and thus feel the need to come up with some ridiculous ideas in their head as to create reasoning for opinions so outside of their own that they can't possibly fathom. I'm sure a few people who like Talim and Amy like them for creepy reasons - there are plenty of creepers out there - but from what I've seen the people who like those characters (myself included) like them for their personalities, playstyle, etc. Amy is personally my favourite character in the series but I don't mind her not being in SC6 if it makes room for more iconic and popular characters that have been there longer than her (CASSANDRA AND RAPHAEL PLEASE). I'm a 17 year old gay dude. Nowhere near a creeper who likes her (or Talim, who I have a relatively positive opinion of) because I find her sexy or whatever, though admittedly I did have a crush on her when I was little before my sexual awakening. She's pretty for a young girl.

Who is openly doubting her popularity? I don't doubt she is popular, but there are other polls out there where she did not come in first place. The most recent poll by Eventhubs saw her in 9. Point is, these polls *are* stupid, and nobody should be treating them as actual data if they want to gloat about their favourites.

At the same time, people need to understand that the mentalities towards characters aren't much different than say, sports teams. If you can't handle the idea of someone making fun of a fictional character you play, then God help you haha.

Eventhubs poll didn't matter. Project Soul's poll 3 years ago did.

Like it or not, but Talim is popular lol

The talim hate still bug me tbh, like i can get the hate for characters like Dampierre or Viola, but for Talim? why? doesn't make sens to me. I wonder when this hate appears exactly, and i personally don't remember her being hated this much in SC2,3,4 era.

Also how about ZWEI? does he get some hate? lol

Last edited:
I have a question,. Why is it ok/acceptable that people are allowed to imply and accuse anyone who likes Amy or Talim of a of being a pedophile?

It's kind of effed up isn't it?

I speak only for myself here, but *I'm* joking when I say it. Could it be potentially suspect to see grown men obsess over a fictional underage girl? Probably, but it's none of my business.

Eventhubs poll didn't matter. Project Soul's poll 3 years ago did.

Why not? 5,500 people voted on it, that's an equally insignificant number.

Yes but why do the boards find it acceptable? I mean, you'd think that would be the kind of thing that would get warnings and stuff. It's a really effed up thing to accuse people of. It's a messed up bully tactic to try and get people not to support the characters they enjoy by lumping them in with pedophiles, who clearly no one wants to be associated with, if they do in a hope of distancing themselves from liking said character.

Are there pedophiles, sure, but not for Talim and Amy, as neither are prepubescent, at absolutely worse it would be hebephilia or possibly ephebophilia as neither is prepubescent. BTW it is completely psychologically natural and normal to be attracted to people who are sexually maturing which both girls technically are. It is however illegal to act on those urges with someone under the age of consent which I happen to agree with.

Either way, people need to stop accusing people who like these two of being into prepubescent children. Neither character is such. Both are sexually maturing, and several people who play this game are actually in their same age group or where when they were created, would such an individual be considered a pedophile for being attracted to characters their age? Not everyone who plays soul calibur is older than the age of consent. Why can't they have representatives.

NO ONE is asking for prepubescent children to be included in this game.

I speak only for myself here, but *I'm* joking when I say it. Could it be potentially suspect to see grown men obsess over a fictional underage girl? Probably, but it's none of my business.

Why not? 5,500 people voted on it, that's an equally insignificant number.

Yeah but it's not really a funny joke to be lumped in with the most vile scum in the universe.

I think that one-day difference is only for Japan.

These are the release dates I've seen:
18th: Xbox One and PS4 in Japan
19th: Xbox One, PS4, and PC in the west and PC in Japan

Ah nice. I'm not fussed for the sake of a day personally but it's good to know that, thanks :)

Both Necalli and Kilik were inspired by a classic manga/anime character's transformation that is oddly overlooked thanks to DBZ's popularity being what it is, but was another one of the originators of that trope. Yusuke Urameshi's Demon form on Yu Yu Hakusho.
Yes, but this is not the only known case
For example:
Vega(Street Fighter) => Fo (Toshinden) => Voldo (SC)
At least five from movelist of the Voldo are an exact copy of the movelist of Fo
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/fo.html
ZATO (Guilty Gear) => Goodman (SNK) =>ZWEI
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/goodman.html
goodman-flame.gif

And an even more epic incident occurred with Harry Potter.
For the first time, a wizard boy appeared in the movie "Troll".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(film)
But the film was little known. Rowling decided to abuse this little fame.
She registered the rights to Harry Potter in her name, the host committee did not know about this film

Bamco did do a beta for DBZ fighters, so there is hope for some kind of possibility of that for Soul Calibur.

On the other hand, I've seen how Okubo gets things done, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Dude's a grower, not a shower.

Back