Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Technically they are second yea. But if a clone outshines the original in every possible way doesnt that make him the real deal ? There is just no reason to have mina and rock in the game while kilik and asta exist.

Most of the Cervantes players I've faced online only seemed to like his gun since it's easy to spam against casual players who barely use the 8 way run mechanic, I doubt they actually care about the character or full style that much.

If those two middle columns are indeed all rivals (it's clearly on purpose so far at least), I think one of the bottom two will be a new character. None of the remaining old cast can really be considered rivals. Hilde and Tira are indirect rivals in a sense due to them being the lead followers of Siegfried and Nightmare but I don't think they've ever had any sort of direct relationship (also Hilde's not Seig's follower until much later than this game is set).

I guess Lizardman and Rock would be rivals too but that would require Rock being in the game so it's probably not them (plus I just can't picture them putting the two least popular recurring characters in the important middle slots).

Last edited:
Confuses me that Cassandra is considered a clone in any sense of the word. She was distinguished enough from Sophitia even back in her first appearance in SC2. I swear people just like to describe her as such in order to discredit her character even though it's flat-out not true.

As a Cassandra main, when I play Sophitia it is a completely different experience. It' was a real learning curve and even in SC2 where Cass was introduced she was very different to Soph, she only became more different as games went on. This isn't an Eddy and Christie from Tekken situation.
So whenever people call her a clone I raise an eyebrow, they only share weapons. Heck, they can differentiate even more (which isn't really necessary) by giving her some of Patty's moves if they wanted.

So, who are for you the 10 remaining CHARACTERS? For me, it's :
1- Cervantes
2- Talim
3- Astaroth
4- Voldo
5- Tira
6- Lizardman
7- Seong Mina
8- Wildcard between Hwang and Raphael
9- Groh's father
10- Female newcomer or final boss

Talim, Astaroth, Cervantes, Lizardman, Voldo, Tira, Grøh's father, Raphael, Yun-seong, Cassandra

DLC: Setsuka, Hilde, Amy or Viola or Seong Mi-na, 2B (guest)

1) Lizardman (basically confirmed already)
2) Astaroth (basically confirmed already)
3) Cervantes (basically confirmed already)
4) Talim (basically confirmed already)
5) Voldo (he's as much of a face of the series as Ivy)
6) Raphael (too important in the SCII parts to leave out)
7) Tira (unique style and is too popular to skip)
8) second new character

9 and 10 are harder to guess, we know Geralt's the only guest at launch so the main choices are

- Setsuka (or someone new with her style)
- Hwang or Yun-Seong (not both though)
- Hilde
- a third new character
- a mimic
- Amy
- Cassandra
- Mina
- Rock
- another mimic

I really hope there's no mimic this time, or at least make it a CAS-thing so you make your own edge master.

Speaking as a person who honors and respects the spear for it's historical significance and helping us make the shift from beast to man, an then staying strong and true up until modern day, never truly being sidelined by any other weapon, I find Hilde an unacceptable representative of the spear. As a third spear user after a two handed, and a spear and shield, then sure go weird, but as the only one?

I mean imagine if the only sword wielder was Groh, would you feel the sword was adequately represented? No of course not. But the sword has multiple two handed, one handed, and sword and shield styles before a truly bizarre one.
In SoulCalibur every character is supposed to have both vertical and horizontal attacks, thing is that historically spear is a very thrust centric weapon, you are not really supposed to cut with a spear. Therefore, while vertical attacks can be easily re-purposed into high/mid/low thrusts, how can you make horizontal attacks with a spear not look ridiculous? If you just allow a spear user to bash enemies with a spear from side to side, that kinda defeats the purpose of the weapon and you would be better off with a naginata or a poleaxe instead. If you make both A and B attacks into different kinds of thrusts, you'll end up with a bad underpowered character unable to deal with sidesteps. Relegating horizontal attacks to a sidearm while keeping the spear thrust attacks exclusive is the best most authentic solution in my opinion.

I'm worried though about her jolly and gloomy. Hope they don't take it away. =(
It seems like they're trying to give each character some sort of gimmick (Sieg casting Great Magic Weapon, Taki's seals, Zas' orbs 'o doom etc) so I really doubt they'd take Tira's stances away.

Also people being worried about historical accuracy and realism in a series with ghost pirates, floating eyeballs and Lizardpeople.

Anyone else hoping we'll get a reveal of four characters next like we did with Groh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik? They haven't done that since then, in fact they only did a two character reveal followed by single reveals. Getting more than one at once would definitely get the hype gears moving, especially if one of them is new.

Just imagine:

Talim! Lizardman! New female character! Cervantes!

Then there would be a lot of people pumped up.

Except she's only important after the whole thing with Siegmare. And there is no Nightmare in the game that isn't Siegfried, so they're probably not going there yet.
All you guys are too focused on the story. This is a fighting game! The story is nothing more than a filler. And it's retold in this game.
They can do what they want with the story.

Anyone else hoping we'll get a reveal of four characters next like we did with Groh/Nightmare/Xianghua/Kilik? They haven't done that since then, in fact they only did a two character reveal followed by single reveals. Getting more than one at once would definitely get the hype gears moving, especially if one of them is new.

There's EVO coming at the start of August so if we get another big group reveal it'll be then.

Maybe something like 1 more June reveal tomorrow, 2 characters in July, then 4 for EVO.

Back