Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I asked this somewhere else and I thought I'd ask here. How would you feel if a new female fighter replaced Rock as the Americas rep?

What can we even say about Rock? He's easily the most forgettable character in SC that's been a main cast member and everything he does, Astaroth can do but better. His chances of returning here aren't looking good. That said, his exclusion would leave us a problem. In prior games, Rock was the sole representative of the Americas, and having him gone would leave an entire part of the world unrepresented.

So, what if they used this as an opportunity to introduce a new Americas rep. For example, a female Mesoamerican warrior?

Above is Maya from Killer Instinct, an inspiration for the idea.

I was thinking they could create a sexy, warrior-like female character who uses special twin daggers for combat. With magic being more prominent in the actual fighting, maybe she could call upon the mystic Mayan spirits to aid her. That sounds pretty cool. And besides, it'd be nice to get an actual rep from the Americas, as Rock is an Englishman who adopted the Americas as his home as opposed to someone who was really from there.

Yay or nay?

Nay unless you change the weapon style. We don't need meso american Taki. No copies.

Nay unless you change the weapon style. We don't need meso american Taki. No copies.
No, I specified back there that it was a different style with daggers from that area. I'm not suggesting a mesoamerican ninja, that makes no sense. I'm thinking more of a brutal warrior who uses dual daggers simultaneously, and has multiple stances. Less bouncing around and upfront action.

Why exactly are people expecting a reveal the week after E3? They've never done back-to-back weekly reveals, and they've just recently dropped a mountain of information. We have 18 Thursdays left before release, but only ten characters and two game modes left to show. I think it makes the most sense to expect one big character trailer (3 to 5 characters) somewhere around late July or early August, and a big CaS/single-player trailer around September, with a few smaller things sprinkled throughout. But certainly not back-to-back weekly reveals.

I'm just gonna sit here and prepare to be disappointed, and still be god awfully disappointed anyway when it turns out there is no reveal. D':
Me every Thursday XD
The next two reveals HAVE to be Astaroth and Talim's.
We already have their stages.
Would make sense. Maxi's stage was seen before he was announced.

With regards to Random Select. I feel like the middle slot would've made more sense rather than the corner (though I imagine CAS will be in the opposite corner). I still think random select could be replaced with a character and just have a button (like Triangle) be the 'random select' without it taking up a slot.

A character reveal doesn't seem likely because they were focused on E3 last week and they would have been scrambling to get ready for E3 before that.

Doesn't mean it's impossible, but I'm leaning on letting them have a break. We did get a lot of character confirmations even without any full reveals.

Stop getting toxic over differing opinions, christ. Some people want trashy Rock, some people want trashy Mina, fine. Get over it. Stop being unpleasant about it and definitely don't say shit like this.
Of course, different people have different tastes.
For example, many people like the Swedish herring with jam. Im from this food almost vomited :((.
However, the only way to change the tastes of another person is to cut off his old tongue, and sew a new tongue

Most players love one or few type heroes. In a fighting game with a lot of heroes, almost any player will find a hero to his liking.
The only problem is that the addition of new characters takes time and money from developers - for this reason the roster is not endless, and there is not enough space for all desires.
For this reason, the struggle of fans of little-popular heroes for the last slot, looks very unattractive, but alas, it is not avoidable.

I have to admit that RE happens a bit too often IMO. Not sure if I'm going to like that mechanic long term. There's just something about it that doesn't feel very soul calibur.

Expecting something today is pretty unrealistic. I bet we get a couple of characters leading up to evo, a bunch of info at evo, and then a few character reveals from evo until launch to keep momentum. You know they are going to save some hype character reveals until near the end.

Expecting something today is pretty unrealistic. I bet we get a couple of characters leading up to evo, a bunch of info at evo, and then a few character reveals from evo until launch to keep momentum. You know they are going to save some hype character reveals until near the end.
Not really. It's been three weeks since the Maxi reveal. I doubt they're just going to have nothing for June.

I'm not expecting much but it'd be nice to get something today, E3 gave us lots of story info but I was surprised to have no new character announcements.

I've been playing SCII in anticipation and I hope Talim has her BBK 6KKKK, it's so much fun kicking people across the stage in mid-air out of the ring.

Back