Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I dunno if it's lost in translation or what, but the term" customization" over "creation" caught my attention, hopefully I'm just nitpicking :D

But more than 100 pieces is awesome! Way to beat the two poor and ugly armor sets from V ^^
For what it's worth, the SoulCalibur IV DLC was called "customization equipment" also. But I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the 100 are 1p/2p parts for every main cast character, as opposed to SoulCalibur V releasing them bit by bit, they'll do them all at once, the first pack 1ps, the second back 2ps. That's my unrealistic expectation, anyway.

So far Soul Calibur 6 is shaping up to be better than 5 I think.

It could be better than 4 if they do a good job on single player. What do you all think?
SoulCalibur 6 is indeed better than 5, due to having a more polished story. But we still haven't seen the single player content and CaS yet. From what I've seen so far, SoulCalibur 3 and 4 would be more enjoyable.

Hopefully SoulCalibur 6 isn't as barebones as the last one.

The fact that it has an actual story mode already makes it better than IV, that game had even less content than V did.
I dunno about that. SoulCalibur IV is my least favorite entry in the series, but it at least had each character having their own story sections, however brief they may have been. And Tower of Lost Souls was more entertaining than Quick Battle, having structure, goals, rewards, and boss fights. They're maybe probably equal-ish content wise taking into account SoulCalibur V's better customization mode, but both SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V are depressing content-wise, and all hopes point to SoulCalibur VI being on SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur III level of content.

Project Soul choosing what to be available in CaS
Expectation:
latest

Reality:
10444358_734648503245151_5601426834763443523_n.jpg

Kappa

Too true!!! :'(

Since these are pics of Hilde, I randomly thought of this question about her, regarding her costume design: does it matter to people what, if any, animal motif she returns with?
Personally, I want to see her with a wolf motif and not the griffin again. I get how the griffin referenced her connection to the Schwarzwind, but I still feel like the wolf makes more sense for her... she is the ruler of Wolfkrone, after all. ;D

I remember SCIV's 'story mode' really just being basic arcade endings with like one or two lines in them, most of which were little more than '[CHARACTER] gets the sword and leaves'. Granted SCV didn't have arcade endings but the side characters got about as much development and lines in its single story as the characters in SCIV got in their own endings.

Also Tira's my #1 and she got tons of great scenes in SCV's story mode so I enjoyed what we got quite a bit.

I'd love if they released all the costumes (1p and 2p) from every SC game. Like you buy the SCII pack and get everyone's 1p and 2p from that and so on, so you can have your character look like any of their original selves.

Never gonna happen but we can dream :3

2Ps kind of make sense since SB/SE Siegfried was just generic JRPG protagonist looking.

Though I’m interested in creating Ultimate Weapon/Nightmare/Alpha versions of everyone if possible.

Last edited:
I don't understand why we would lose 2P costumes. They've been a staple in every single game in the series, even Soul Blade had 2 costumes for each character. It would be a step back and a stupid decision to get rid of them, they shouldn't have to be sacrificed for CAS.

Would be cool to even have Night Terror as a secret boss. Secret battles were one of my favourite things in SCIII but the way the game's are structured now doesn't really leave room for anything like that :(

I kinda hope/dread that Night Terror is a in the game. We're all thinking Inferno and Groh's pops are the only villains but I think seeing Night Terror would be both really cool, but also kind of horrifying.
He was ridiculously broken, but I really liked him anyway! His design at least, combined with that Astral Chaos stage and the sick soundtrack playing in the background, "World Distortion."

I don't understand why we would lose 2P costumes. They've been a staple in every single game in the series, even Soul Blade had 2 costumes for each character. It would be a step back and a stupid decision to get rid of them, they shouldn't have to be sacrificed for CAS.

Realistically speaking it's actually not impossible to think that 2P may not come back to SC6, even tho i hope that won't be the case of course. But TTT2 actually didn't had them, and T7 as well at the beginning until they got backlash about it and about the samey default, then they ended giving the character new default costume while setting the old costumes as 2P costumes. There are even still some characters in T7 that still don't have 2P outfits like Law, Jack-7 and the new characters.

It's quite ironic to see that Namco are actually getting ride of their own ideas they introduced themselves to the genre back then, meanwhile others fighting games like Mortal Kombat X and Street Fighter V are using it and expand it even more.

Inb4 you have to face Inferno, Night Terror and Abyss all at the same time.

How would you guys feel with a new character that fights with a 3 pronged staff.

Last edited:
Realistically speaking it's actually not impossible to think that 2P may not come back to SC6, even tho i hope that won't be the case of course. But TTT2 actually didn't had them, and T7 as well at the beginning until they got backlash about it and about the samey default, then they ended giving the character new default costume while setting the old costumes as 2P costumes. There are even still some characters in T7 that still don't have 2P outfits like Law, Jack-7 and the new characters.

It's quite ironic to see that Namco are actually getting ride of their own ideas they introduced themselves to the genre back then, meanwhile others fighting games like Mortal Kombat X and Street Fighter V are using it and expand it even more.
2Ps in SCV weren't shown until 13 days before launch, so don't jump to that conclusion yet. Oh, and SC holds itself to a higher standard than Tekken.

Back