Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

2B makes sense for a lot of reasons, and personally as a fan of Nier I'd like to see it. But personal biases aside I think there's a problem, her weapons/moveset are largely longsword/greatsword based, and so kinda redundant.

I have no doubt that they'd be able to differentiate her moveset from the other sword users in the game, but I think it makes more sense from their point of view to add a guest character that uses weapons we haven't seen a hundred times before, one that is more different from Geralt.
They could always give her Spear and Combat Bracers. But the way she uses Large Sword mostly telekinetically is pretty unique. Maybe Spear and Large Sword?

Ashlotte was a better fit than:

803AEA29-FD74-4826-B33E-682327D62949.jpeg

(I don’t know how big this’ll be, im on my phone, sorry if it’s a tiny pic)

Thats because Angol Fear is from a manga, not from Soul Calibur. Yes, she made her first appearence ever in SC4, but she is an actual canon character in a manga. She was almost like a guest.

I don't know why people expect something today, Talim was just revealed a week ago...

As of characters being out of place, Ashlotte had a better design than 2B to fit in the Soul universe: her mechanical design appeared rudimentary-yet-advanced while 2B is pure technology.

2B would appear more of a fan service (like Lost Swords and its ecchi costumes) than a great fitting addition (like Kratos, Ezio, and now Geralt) imho, even if known SC players keep asking for her...

I don't know why people would say 2B is out of place when everyone seemed to love Ashlotte, who IMO fits the SC world a lot less than 2B herself, at least aesthetically. They're both robots essentially.
Not too clear on 2b, but ashlotte is clockwork, and more like a clockwork automotan than a full robot. Also, she was created by fygul cemestus just like astaroth. Also I love Ashlotte so I might be biased. Ashlotte for dlc? Plz?

Okay? There could always be an argument that no guest in the series that we have had in this series has made any sense. Most of them would have excuses as coming from the future or from other worlds. One thing I want to bring up are the Star Wars guests. At first glance yes they don't make sense and do look out of place.

However, if you note that the setting of Star Wars is always told as taking place a long time ago it is probably confirming that cast of Star Wars taking place in the fifteen century. I may be wrong about this because I am not a huge Star Wars fan. Though if this was their intention that was a neat way to include them.
The issue here is still aesthetic as opposed to context. It doesn't matter that they're from the past, the issue is that they're wearing space suits and using light beams in a pre-exploration age Earth parallel (though not exactly the same, ofc) to our own. Ezio makes the most sense of any guest because his age is very close to that of SC (only 100 years off iirc) and he wears comtemporarily appropriate clothing with abilities that aren't at all unheard of in SC's universe. Geralt, Heihachi, and Link are probably the next most appropriate. Geralt and Link are from medieval fantasies and have both abilities and designs that aren't very out of place from SC (ignoring Link being based on OoT's model; TP Link would've been perfect). And Heihachi, while a modern character, has no features to him that would disqualify his appearance or abilities from being possible in SC's time. Sure, being a martial artist in a weapon-based fighter is a little odd, but the opposite would seem a bit more out of place.

The SW characters don't fit in for the aforementioned reasons, and Spawn is a 90s comic hero (those don't really fit in anything except modern timelines, and even then they're sorta out of place stylistically). 2B falls into the same issue of having comtemporarily-based design aspects (the heels immediately come to mind) as well as, you know, being an android.
I don't know why people would say 2B is out of place when everyone seemed to love Ashlotte, who IMO fits the SC world a lot less than 2B herself, at least aesthetically. They're both robots essentially.
Shura and Kami were the only guests that made any sort of sense, and it didn't help that one was just booby pirate and the other was an uninspired oni.

2B makes no sense less for story reasons and more because she's a fucking robot in the late 16th century.
But she looks nothing like a robot. All of her crazy "tech" powers are already represented by the current SC cast. She can blow herself up (like nightmare) , she can make her swords fly around her (like Cervantes) and her clothing can completely disappear (like everyone).

There's nothing in her outfit or abilities that would be out of place in SC. Unless they include her pod, in which case you'd have a point.

What Did YOU Learn Today?
  • Angol Fear is pratically a guest;
  • Shura and Ashlotte are canonical;
  • Necrid, Kamikirimusi & Scheherazade are canonical but have not been connected with any character.
Note: I need to play Nier: Automata to know why everyone here is obsessed for 2B.

What Did YOU Learn Today?
  • Angol Fear is pratically a guest;
  • Shura and Ashlotte are canonical;
  • Necrid, Kamikirimusi & Scheherazade are canonical but have not been connected with any character.
Note: I need to play Nier: Automata to know why everyone here is obsessed for 2B.
I didn't learn any of that today, actually. And while I didn't play Nier: Automata, its praised by a hell lot of people as an incredibly good game both gameplay and storywise.

Back