Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a coin, which is why I think it's a shop icon.
Maybe. Still, there must be a Museum somewhere, so maybe a Museum is a Shop and vice-versa. Like you unlock art for coins you earn in Chronicles of the Sword and then you can view it in the same menu you've just purchased it.

Here is my take:

1). Boat - Story Mode
2). Book - Chronicles of the Sword
3). Knight - Create-a-Soul
4). S&S - Battle (Arcade /Normal, Survivor, Time Attack/, Versus /Normal, Team Battle, Tournament/, Practice)
5). Crown - Online
6). Painting of a face? - Museum
7). Eye - Options
8). Bow and arrows? - Maybe a dedicated tutorial mode of a kind, but I'm not sure...
You know what is the best part, this all makes sense, and the fact that CotS makes sense makes me incredibly excited.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a coin, which is why I think it's a shop icon.
SC4 and SC5 have proven that shops are a waste of space. Why dedicate a menu slot to a shop when you can have buyable stuff in CaS where you can visualize before buying and use it immediatly?

I can't think of a female character that is in Hot nowadays and is multiplatforms beside 2B. Another reason why i think she'll make it, without mentioning how much she's requested.

Like Lady Maria or Aloy are PS4 exclusive, so no way those will be guest unless they do guest exclusives like SC2, which at this point i don't really think will happen. There's still chance the second guest will be male character of course.

They can also bring a female character from an Old FF game but that's unlikely imo, i really feel that they'll choose a character that's hot nowadays as i said. Hey but they still put Cheese Howard in T7 so anything can happen i guess.

"Amazing to see many Talim players.
Thank you
all for,,, ahh time to sleep. Still tons of work to do to deliver the best
SOULCALIBUR. "

lol it's the one he did after the talim one (about time to sleep). someone is saying that a tweet itself is hinting towards tira because of her being a member of bird of passage.

The possibility of Seong Mi-na could be from the use of the words "the best" as she is known to have said that in four different lines throughout her existence. She is also one of the characters hunting after soulcalibur instead of soul edge (as of IV at least). So perhaps people are basing the tweet after that...or possibly just because A for Astaroth, T for Tira, and S for Seong Mi-na but that's not quite as exciting as reading too much into a simple tweet. I can also argue the case for Raphael, Amy/viola, Tira, Seong Mi-na, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Cassandra, and Algol if I really need to.
It's this tweet, which Hayate said is a hint but Okubo is being a lot more subtle this time:

5mWNk0x.png

So instead of it being straight, like T - a - l - i - m , this one is A - T - a - S , which could be:

Astaroth
Tira
and
Seong Mi-na

There was another response that was goofing that implied the subtle is just that it's a tweet, and birds tweet, so Bird of Passage = Tira.
That's not what the tweet looked like without forced formatting. This is the accurate look:
"Amazing to see many Talim players.
Thank you
all for,,, ahh time to sleep. Still tons of work to do to deliver the best SOULCALIBUR. "
There's no hint there unless you're looking for literally every little thing.

"He said he's trying to deliver the best SC? SC2HDOHD confirmed!"

Also that "birds tweet" shit is the most galaxy brain meme I've read in a good while. Donald Trump has been teasing Tira for years.

You people are reaching so much with that Tweet, and I have no idea why Mina someone who most leaks say is not in is taking preference over Setsuka, someone who also have a name starting with S. Hell, even the Tweet may even be just Asta but with the letters mixed around. Also I don't think we will be getting a 3 character reveal next week. Next week there will be 13 weeks left. 9 character to go and a few game modes to reveal.

My bet will be the new game mode will be shown, with one new character added to the roster. Then the next reveal will be 11 weeks before the game drops, if we use the 2 weeks between reveals paradigm, at that point we will most likely get one character per week and more game related reveals like other modes and CaS, with the last week being the one where the game drops.

PS: The original Nier is much better story wise than Automata and doesn't reveal the plot twist five second and in, the story elements are more organic and they don't wear existentialism like a badge of honor. Just wanted to put out there.

Note: I need to play Nier: Automata to know why everyone here is obsessed for 2B.

If you can, play the original nier on PS3 or Xbox 360. It's not needed to enjoy Automata, but playing it will add a lot to the experience
Especially when you met curtain characters, read certain documents make certain references, and visit a certain place in Automata's the end dungeon. That's all I say on that, for certain

Tbh I really dont want 2B only for the fact that her weapon is a longsword or whatever the fuck she uses. She's cool and all but I don't really give a shit about her.

That being said, I wouldnt mind if they'd put her in the game. If it helps SC6 live a long life then go for it.
She uses four weapon types at once:

Short sword
Long sword
Spear
Combat braces.

Five, if you include her pod. She'll be a character who used multiple weapons mid-combat, like Cervantes, Hilde and Ezio

SCVI already seems near-perfect to me, it would skyrocket if 2B were the second guest character.

(I still want Tira, Raph, Asta, Voldo, Cass, Mina, Yun/Hwang, Sets, Liz and Hilde tho, even if any are DLC )

Whoops, forgot Cervantes lol

Last edited:
Don't know if this is know but while in Soul Charge if you get hit it drains you out of it faster. And blocking seems to stop the draining also. Interesting.

I timestamped the part.

Soul Calibur with no Cervantes isnt Soul Calibur
Hmmm this has me wondering. Is there any one character that is truly necessary for a game to be Soul Calibur?

I mean it's about two magic swords, one lawful neutral with what I hesitate to call good tendencies and the other chaotic evil that corrupt their users to be more like them, and if the user is weak enough possess them entirely.

I can see some form of nightmare being required I suppose, but that assumed the evil sword is possessed as the other sword rarely possesses and lets itself be even known as sentient.

So Nightmare isn't even required as there could be a game where people quest for the "good" sword to destroy the evil sword which is locked away until a champion with the good sword comes to destroy it.

I dunno, really who is TRULY necessary to Soul Calibur to truly be a Soul Calibur game?

Hmmm this has me wondering. Is there any one character that is truly necessary for a game to be Soul Calibur?

I mean it's about two magic swords, one lawful neutral with what I hesitate to call good tendencies and the other chaotic evil that corrupt their users to be more like them, and if the user is weak enough possess them entirely.

I can see some form of nightmare being required I suppose, but that assumed the evil sword is possessed as the other sword rarely possesses and lets itself be even known as sentient.

So Nightmare isn't even required as there could be a game where people quest for the "good" sword to destroy the evil sword which is locked away until a champion with the good sword comes to destroy it.

I dunno, really who is TRULY necessary to Soul Calibur to truly be a Soul Calibur game?

There are some characters that, with time, became an iconic mark of the franchise, and if you pull them out well, it's simply not the same game.
You can do a SoulCalibur without any of them, yes, just two swords and a bunch of new people looking for them, but it will no longer be a "SoulCalibur" as we all are used to see it, it would either be a spin-off or a reboot
Which is kinda what happened with SCV in some ways

Is like saying that, I don't know, you can do a whole new dragonball story with just the seven dragon balls as an object to seek, but with completely new characters, how would you call that?

A series is not only made by its core-lore, but also by its characters. Without them it would simply become a whole different thing

Plus, we're talking about a fighting game, in which the roster is basically the first thing that comes in mind, even before the story

There are some characters that, with time, became an iconic mark of the franchise, and if you pull them out well, it's simply not the same game.
You can do a SoulCalibur without any of them, yes, just two swords and a bunch of new people looking for them, but it will no longer be a "SoulCalibur" as we all are used to see it, it would either be a spin-off or a reboot
Which is kinda what happened with SCV in some ways

Is like saying that, I don't know, you can do a whole new dragonball story with just the seven dragon balls as an object to seek, but with completely new characters, how would you call that?

A series is not only made by its core-lore, but also by its characters. Without them it would simply become a whole different thing

Plus, we're talking about a fighting game, in which the roster is basically the first thing that comes in mind, even before the story
Yeah but everyone has favorite characters, and not all make it. Who is then sooooo iconic they can't be replaced? Is anyone truly immune?

I mean, is there any one character who if removed would truly make the game not a Soul Calibur in the majorities eyes if all the other characters were there?

Last edited:
Yeah but everyone has favorite characters, and not all make it. Who is then sooooo iconic they can't be replaced? Is anyone truly immune?

I mean, is there any one character who if removed would truly make the game not a Soul Calibur in the majorities eyes if all the other characters were there?

I don't think there's a one character that is above everyone else, but I should say that these "immune" characters are the ones involved in the main story the most
if you pull out one of these, well it's not like it is not considered a soul calibur game anymore, but for sure it would be a huge loss to the entire structure

I don't think there's a one character that is above everyone else, but I should say that these "immune" characters are the ones involved in the main story the most
if you pull out one of these, well it's not like it is not considered a soul calibur game anymore, but for sure it would be a huge loss to the entire structure
Are they though? Some of the immune characters seem arbitrary to me. Take Mitsurgi, remove him, don't remove him, makes no real difference, but he's the games poster child.

Addendum: Do not take this as my disliking Mitsu.

Back