Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Rock could have a lot to offer and i think he could be an interesting character but he needs to be reworked a bit. He was pretty dry and boring in SC4, that is not even considering his bottom tier status. I'm not a fan of animal heads either but there is a lot of cool looking stuff they can do with skins, furs antlers and such.

Is Cassandra different enough from Sophitia discussion Nº230020301010303103020310# Electric Boogaloo.

At best there is 8 slots left at worse 7, I don't think they added the DLC slots to the main roster this time around, I said it before and I will say it again, the level of stupid Namco would have to have is simply too high. Specially because they said before even adding those extra slots that 20 was not representative of the final roster.

I won't dwell into the discussion again, but Lizardmen using S&S can be a Story only thing, Lizardman had a few differentiations but he shared more moves with Sophitia than Cassandra (Whom he also shared moves).

On Mina and Rock- I don't think PS likes them very much.

On Hwag and Yun- Yun hit for 14 in the popularity pool, and again no matter how valid you think it is, Talim is in the game because of it and with her all the top 10 are but for Tira.

I don't care much for popularity. I like chars that nobody likes. I'm talking about the usefulness of a character. As I said many times, Cassandra is just another trivial char with sword and shield. I think she's useless. So If they have to put an useless char then I want the "useless" Rock with his grabbing gameplay that I love so much.
Popularity is not about what you care, its about what the majority cares, and the majority cares about Cassandra and ignores Rock. Also, how exactly is Cassandra trivial when her moveset is completely different from any other character, but Rock, who still shared lots of moves with Astaroth last time they appeared together is not?

I also tried a lot to understand that screen and groups. But why Mitsurugi+Taki ; Kilik+Maxi+Xianghua ; Nightmare+Siefried groups are in correct alphabetical order but not the other?

In my latest video about this I put Rock in my main theory in the first blurred name, because the name fits better. But maybe it's neither Hwang or Rock but a new char connected to Gr0h.

Both Cervantes/Lizardman and Yun-Seong/Seong Mi-Na theory have their issues.
- Ivy and Cervantes aren't in the correct alphabetical order. Neither Lizardman & Astaroth.
- Yun-Seong and Seong-Mi-Na also aren't in the correct alphabetical order.

Below Sophitia, the name of Talim fits better and I think they might prefer having a Talim a little bit too young and interracting with Sophitia (maybe to heal her body) than Tira.
Tira fits better with the lenght of her name and the 3 dots which seems to appear alone in SC2 or SC3 timeline.

Also it's in Yoshimitsu and Voldo groupe, alphabetical order don't match either.

Maybe the characters names in a group aren't in alphabetical order, even if it seems the case for :
- Mitsu/Taki
- Kilik/Maxi/Xianghua
- Nightmare/Siegfried

Or maybe we put the wrong names.
I don't really think for sure that the names have to be in alphabetical order. It's a good observation that some are and some aren't, but at the same time, it may just be coincidence. I would have reversed Ivy and Cervantes, not for the alphabetical (though it is a good reason), but so that Ivy, Lizardman, Astaroth, and Nightmare would have been all together, as the Schwarzstrom (which is also why I place Lizardman in the upper right corner of the character selection screen), but there is an interesting coincidence in that the first letter of each character's names, Cervantes, Lizardman, Astaroth, Nightmare... spells "CLAN", and that the Schwarzstrom could be described as such, though personally I feel like that might be reaching too far... it's just an observation.

In general, I didn't consider the names being in alphabetical order as a requirement, I just looked for commonalities between the characters in addition to who would make sense to be active in which years. If we assume it's Yun-seong and Seong Mi-na instead of Cervantes and Lizardman, then it puts Ivy apart from Astaroth and Nightmare, and that doesn't make sense. And if Hwang is in, Yun-seong also being in seems very much unlikely, though it might not be Hwang, I want to believe that we're meeting 50-50 on getting Hwang instead of Yun-seong while keeping Maxi over Li Long, to be fair to old and new.

Tira has a lot of backstory to cover as a Bird of Passage, but Talim doesn't, by comparison. Talim attempting to heal Sophitia is a good thought, but it would make her way too young if that were true. I really think that they're only including Talim in the story because she won that Facebook poll, and she's only going to have a tiny story that sets up her role for SoulCalibur II. It's a bit wasteful, and I don't really understand how they will be making her "encounters" relevant, but you can say the same thing if, for the sake of argument, Tira is on that line. What can happen in such a short timespan if it were Tira to make that interesting?

And yes, it's always possible that we're both wrong, but given all the data we have, between leaks, official information, history, connecting the dots on the character selection screen, and all that sort of thing, we have our interpretations, and the only way to know for sure is to wait and see. I understand your points, and I'd say you also understand mine, and maybe we'll meet somewhere inbetween. I can't wait.

Popularity is not about what you care, its about what the majority cares, and the majority cares about Cassandra and ignores Rock. Also, how exactly is Cassandra trivial when her moveset is completely different from any other character, but Rock, who still shared lots of moves with Astaroth last time they appeared together is not?
You did not read what I wrote. For me Cassandra AND Rock should not be in the game. BUT if Cassie is in, then I want Rock. At least he's an interesting char and the only real grappler of the game.
And about popularity... I think that when a creative project only goes after popularity, it has high chances to be a failure...

You did not read what I wrote. For me Cassandra AND Rock should not be in the game. BUT if Cassie is in, then I want Rock. At least he's an interesting char and the only real grappler of the game.
And about popularity... I think that when a creative project only goes after popularity, it has high chances to be a failure...
And you did not read my previous post where I said:
Rock is not even close to comparable.

Also, no, a project that goes after popularity is only going on the right direction to be a success, it only needs proper and competent execution.

I think Cass is one of the most interesting girls in terms of personality and her sacrifice. I'm sure there's more they can do to diversify the moveset. I think she has more easy ties to the central characters as well. And in general, people often want as many female fighters as possible. It would be cool though if she comes back with a different weapon. If Aeon could do it in V, she could do it here.

Yeah, because the game already showed off every single feature, and we can judge it will all be the same based on a small ammount of recycled stuff. Nice logic +1.
If they can't be bothered to even make new outfits for preorder bonuses and DLC, then good luck finding better in-game. Even T7 didn't try to advertise outfits that were in TTT2.

If they put Cassandra in, and Lizardman with a sword and shield as well, with all three of them having dinky little swords and shields, I'm going to effing cry. That's three slots used up with the exact same weapons, and entirely stifles CaS character creation options for me and others like me. As boring as Rock is, at least he brings a new weapon to the table.

MAYBE if one of the shields and swords were larger.
It has been brought up before, the size of the shields being bigger than they are, it would negate the idea of needing to crouch in order to block low, if it was a tower shield or even a bigger shield than a buckler that would cover a greater area. It's like, if it's going to be a sword and shield style, that size shield is about all they can really get away with to make it believable. And the swords that go with those shields, if the sword was a lot bigger than the shield, then it wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing. But the "dinky little swords", as they are, is actually about the right side for a gladius, which is what they are. Maybe if Siegfried's sword wasn't trying so hard to be Guts's Dragon Slayer and was a bit smaller, we could err on the side of realism a bit more consistently, but it is what it is.

SoulCalibur V having Patroklos style, Coward Sophitia style, and Malfested Sophitia style, though, I'd rather have had Patroklos style, Sophitia style, and Cassandra style, and that's probably about what we'll end up having in Lizardman, Sophitia, and Cassandra, should all three of them make it into the game. So even if it's not ideal that we have three sword and shield styles again (SoulCalibur II, III, IV, and V all had this, as a reminder -- III and IV, LIzardman had an axe, sure, but the premise is the same), at least it would be the most diverse set of three sword and shield styles we've had so far.

I think Cass is one of the most interesting girls in terms of personality and her sacrifice. I'm sure there's more they can do to diversify the moveset. I think she has more easy ties to the central characters as well. And in general, people often want as many female fighters as possible. It would be cool though if she comes back with a different weapon. If Aeon could do it in V, she could do it here.

It is possible that Cassandra finally realizes the longsword style that she was alleged to have planned to have for SoulCalibur V, but at the same time, if they were going to do that with her, then they could have had her using it in Lost Swords. I know Lost Swords was mostly a lazy cash grab effort of a game, and just used SoulCalibur IV assets for characters that didn't make it into SoulCalibur V, so it's not the strongest argument, but just for the sake of devil's advocacy.

Aeon had a plot reason to have a different weapon (in that he ate Kratos, which is ridiculous in and of itself, but...), while Cassandra's story would have her steal Sophitia's weapons all the same again, so I wouldn't anticipate her having a different style. I also wouldn't expect for her to have a story in this game, so she would be one of the "extra" characters, which puts her on the chopping block of possibly not making it, sadly along with Raphael and Seong Mi-na. Raphael does have a story to tell, but there's not really a place for him to fit on the list, unless the name under Grøh is Voldo and the name under Yoshimitsu is Raphael, but... I hope that isn't the case, since two games in a row without Koreans is... not pleasant.

They might could be DLC characters, perhaps, but they won't really shine in their stories until SoulCalibur VII, due to the constrained list of names we have in the story mode screen, assuming the list is complete (which why wouldn't it be if they bothered to blur the names?), they don't really have a spot to fit in. Keeping in mind that this game covers from the end of Soul Edge to the beginning of SoulCalibur II, it makes far more sense for them to save Cassandra for SoulCalibur VII, at least for plot relevance. We may -see- Cassandra in Sophitia's story, which would work if she's playable but doesn't get a story of her own, but she doesn't have a lot going on during these years to be active.

He went from axe/shield to dual axes right? I wouldn't call that a significant change and i dont think i'd like to see Cassie change up anything either. She's diverse enough already. Some people just dont like seeing two of the exact same weapon even if the movelist is different. I can't blame them, it is a bit annoying. Especially to those who would like to see brand new characters and weapons show up. I like Cassie though. If any weapon can get cloned, we have to figure sword/shield and greatswords would be the prime candidates.

Reactions: Pac
If they can't be bothered to even make new outfits for preorder bonuses and DLC, then good luck finding better in-game. Even T7 didn't try to advertise outfits that were in TTT2.
There was never any rule that stated that every game must have an outfit as preorder bonus. What is included by them is already more than enough, your comments have no logic.

@DanteSC3 did you translated Talim bio from SC6.soularchive ? It seems that a fragment of SoulEdge got to her village and she has to bring it back somewhere. It might be pre-SC2 quest, since there is fragments shattered and Nightmare try to recollect them. So Yeah Talim could be in that time aka the 4 dot in the end of 1589 and starting 1590.

@DanteSC3 did you translated Talim bio from SC6.soularchive ? It seems that a fragment of SoulEdge got to her village and she has to bring it back somewhere. It might be pre-SC2 quest, since there is fragments shattered and Nightmare try to recollect them. So Yeah Talim could be in that time aka the 4 dot in the end of 1589 and starting 1590.
Yes, it appears to be the same as her setup for SoulCalibur II, which doesn't make sense on any of the other timelines.

Still no Voldo bio on the official SC6 site?
His is there: https://sc6.soularchive.jp/character/voldo.php

It just talks about the Secret Money Pit, Voldo's devotion to Vercci, and his being the guardian, protecting it from adventurers and thieves using a variety of traps and his unique weapons and style, all in the name of his deceased master, whom Voldo protects as if he still lives.

Do you think they would really give him that weapon again after he has the axe and shield style or his SCV dual axe style?

i think they could and tbh i think it would not be a bad idea to give him moves from Pat or just give him the style it self of course not just copy paste but a version of the style that suits Lizardman, cus as we all know Pat's style seemed elegant in a way and Lizardman is not elegant at all he is rough and savage af.

Dual axe lizardman was absolutely a better idea. The sort of character he is doesnt lend itself well to carrying a shield at all. It just doesnt look or feel right to me.

I agree, I liked him much more with the axes. And I absolutely think sword-and-board Lizardman will severely hurt Cassie's chances of making the base roster. If he's playable, and playable with a story mode to boot, she's demoted to DLC for sure IMO.

Yes, it appears to be the same as her setup for SoulCalibur II, which doesn't make sense on any of the other timelines.

His is there: https://sc6.soularchive.jp/character/voldo.php

It just talks about the Secret Money Pit, Voldo's devotion to Vercci, and his being the guardian, protecting it from adventurers and thieves using a variety of traps and his unique weapons and style, all in the name of his deceased master, whom Voldo protects as if he still lives.

Back