Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I was just wondering what you guys thought.

I said myself they could easily retcon it, but do you think they should? That's all.
Gameplay rules all. This game is heavy on unique gimmicks and she already comes with one built in. It'll just be a matter of how they build on it.

HQ ARTWORK!
SoulCaliburVI0045.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0046.jpg

Story mode screenshots:
Dj7Vs0OVAAELFXO.jpg

Dj7UJKGU0AAtBIC.png
HQ Screenshots:
SoulCaliburVI002.jpg
SoulCaliburVI003.jpg
SoulCaliburVI004.jpg
SoulCaliburVI005.jpg
SoulCaliburVI006.jpg
SoulCaliburVI007.jpg
SoulCaliburVI007.jpg
SoulCaliburVI009.jpg

SoulCaliburVI0010.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0011.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0012.jpg

SoulCaliburVI008.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0015.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0016.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0013.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0014.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0017.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0018.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0019.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0020.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0021.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0023.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0024.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0025.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0026.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0027.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0029.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0030.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0031.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0032.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0033.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0034.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0035.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0036.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0037.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0040.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0039.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0038.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0043.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0041.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0042.jpg
SoulCaliburVI0028.jpg

She's so cute in that last screenshot.

Last edited:
I think Tira losing the personality/mood swings would be a downgrade on the character from a "is this character fun" perspective, but I can see how people would want it out from a balancing perspective. That said, it makes her very unique and interesting so I hope they maintain it.

EDIT: Anyone got the links to the place were those screenshots were given?

Mi-Na might end up fighting some disciples after all. Unless they all decide to act like crybaby magical girls, I’m guessing a Korean swordie has to be in.

But the story art makes her even more gorgeous.

Lizzy seems like a guarantee because his sword is bigger than Sophie’s.

Rock would be the only SC1 absentee with Hwang possibly appearing. It feels odd but he’s not the most liked.

Also, Mi-Na’s legs look awkwardly bent in her art.

But if you fight Kunpaetku, looks like we’ll get some interesting CaS pieces. He seems like a non-fighter though or maybe it’s just Maxi that fights him.

Last edited:
I think Tira losing the personality/mood swings would be a downgrade on the character from a "is this character fun" perspective, but I can see how people would want it out from a balancing perspective. That said, it makes her very unique and interesting so I hope they maintain it.
If they make it tuggle (like Soul Charge) and not random, they will be able to balance it.

How do you guys think Tira's gameplay will be like?

Will it still have the split-personality thing? Keep in mind that it didn't develop until SCIV, which SCVI doesn't reach. But this being a reboot, they could easily write it in for gameplay purposes.

Like she did in SCV because Decapon works for Project Soul now.

Anyone got the links to the place were those screenshots were given?

https://www.dualshockers.com/soul-calibur-6-seong-mi-na-astaroth-screenshots/

The more I see this Astaroth the more I love him. I think it's the stone skin tone marred by the tattered magma-esque skin tearing, and the just... brutal, barbaric outfit. I think he looked amazing with his minimalist design I and II, but this is on par with those IMO.

How do you guys think Tira's gameplay will be like?

Will it still have the split-personality thing? Keep in mind that it didn't develop until SCIV, which SCVI doesn't reach. But this being a reboot, they could easily write it in for gameplay purposes.
If anything it’ll probably be there. The mood switching added more depth to Tira’s gameplay and helped her stand out, even if in game it can be quite a double edged sword depending on the situation.

So, Astaroth's new outfit...

His armor looks like it's carved from rock, and his loin cloth seems to be made of animal fur. This was probably meant to emphasize his barbarism and wild aggression. Also, the stone armor (which is similar in color to his skin) might be meant to visually communicate his origin as a golem - created from earth.

However, this just doesn't fit the character. He's a product of Fygul Cestemus, which obviously possesses mysterious and advanced powers. (They built a robot after all.) So why would they give the leader of their army bulky stone armor, when metal armor would be readily available to them? Did the golem project run out of funding right after Astaroth was born? And the animal fur is way too naturalistic. It doesn't mesh with the occult or the golem image.

That's my first big problem. My second is the ornate golden snakes around his neck and on his belt buckle. I like that it's a visual connection to his cult (and Palgaea shrine), but it's totally at odds with the wild barbarian look. I wish they had just designed fancy, ceremonial Fygul Cestemus armor for Astaroth. It might look a bit weird, but it would at least be interesting. But this weird mis-match of fancy jewelry with bulky rock armor just looks stupid.

Finally, his outfit is over designed. In my opinion, the biggest point of interest should be his creepy exposed heart, but it's practically lost between all the snake decorations and details in his armor and skin. His classic color scheme of mostly-brown-and-black was perfect for him because it made his red heart (and white eyes) jump out at you.

To end on a positive note, I'm sure he'll be very fun to play.

Last edited:

His armor looks like it's carved from rock, and his loin cloth seems to be made of animal fur. This was probably meant to emphasize his barbarism and wild aggression. Also, the stone armor (which is similar in color to his skin) might be meant to visually communicate his origin as a golem - created from earth.

However, this just doesn't fit the character. He's a product of Fygul Cestemus, which obviously possesses mysterious and advanced powers. (They built a robot after all.) So why would they give the leader of their armor bulky stone armor, when metal armor would be readily available to them? Did the golem project run out of funding right after Astaroth was born? And the animal fur is way too naturalistic. It doesn't mesh with the occult or the golem image.

That's my first big problem. My second is the ornate golden snakes around his neck and on his belt buckle. I like that it's a visual connection to his cult (and Palgaea shrine), but it's totally at odds with the wild barbarian look. I wish they had just designed fancy, cermonial Fygul Cestemus armor for Astaroth. It might look a bit weird, but it would at least be interesting. But this weird mis-match or fancy jewelry with bulky rock armor just looks stupid.

Finally, his outfit is over designed. In my opinion, the biggest point of interest should be his creepy exposed heart, but it's practically lost between all the snake decorations and details in his armor and skin. His classic color scheme of mostly-brown-and-black was perfect for him because it made his red heart (and white eyes) jump out at you.

To end on a positive note, I'm sure he'll be very fun to play.

Everyone needs breakable armor mate. Astaroth included.

Everyone needs breakable armor mate. Astaroth included.
Er... Are you saying metal armor wouldn't be breakable? Or...

Sorry. What are you saying?
Astaroth in that place in time was modeled after Rock, along the series he tried to make his own identity, that armor is not far out from what you did see Rock wearing, so maybe they are looking for that.
Maybe? But that just makes the snake decorations more egregiously out-of-place.

However, this just doesn't fit the character. He's a product of Fygul Cestemus, which obviously possesses mysterious and advanced powers. (They built a robot after all.) So why would they give the leader of their army bulky stone armor, when metal armor would be readily available to them? Did the golem project run out of funding right after Astaroth was born? And the animal fur is way too naturalistic. It doesn't mesh with the occult or the golem image.
I think this is to further emphasize the fact that he was created in Rock's image. Even his personality and demeanor in game are more aggressive than in the past. They seem to be highlighting his strength as a grappler even more.

Back