Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Couple things I want to point out about Libra of Soul:

YM1dHtc.jpg
Hopefully this doesn't mean that there will be microtransactions for gold... or gold grinding, for that matter.

8PmduBy.jpg
Not entirely unexpected, but looks like they're deconfirming that custom styles will come back, their character is using Mitsurugi's style. What's interesting is that the character has a level, but also the weapon... perhaps unlocking abilities? Stat increases? I wonder how deep this mode really is...

rnl7EhJ.jpg
I mean, he just said, really exaggerated, "FATE", it had to be said. But I wonder if this is his Critical Edge, or if this is just a cutscene? It's a cutscene for sure, but if this is his Critical Edge, that's pretty extreme. Are all of these the Soul Caliburs and Soul Edges of time? Or just multiple conjurated copies? Hmm...

Being season pass exclusive just means you don't have to pay for Tira, nor wait for her to be released in order to play her.
Right, but if you pre-order the game, you don't have to pay for Tira either. Just like you didn't have to pay for Dampierre if you pre-ordered SoulCalibur V from Best Buy, regardless if you got the standard or collector edition. So if you're pre-ordering the game anyway, then buying the season pass alongside your pre-order has been rendered pointless. And that she's available as a season pass bonus character, that also renders the act of pre-ordering pointless, because you can just buy the season pass and get her that way, too. For clarity, I'm not griping that everyone gets access to Tira, I'm happy that there's multiple ways of getting her, I'm just not sure what the marketing angle is, here.

A lot of people are pissed off that they announced a DLC character before announcing the base roster. I hope this won't hurt the sales of the game :/

Right, but if you pre-order the game, you don't have to pay for Tira either. Just like you didn't have to pay for Dampierre if you pre-ordered SoulCalibur V from Best Buy, regardless if you got the standard or collector edition. So if you're pre-ordering the game anyway, then buying the season pass alongside your pre-order has been rendered pointless. And that she's available as a season pass bonus character, that also renders the act of pre-ordering pointless, because you can just buy the season pass and get her that way, too. For clarity, I'm not griping that everyone gets access to Tira, I'm happy that there's multiple ways of getting her, I'm just not sure what the marketing angle is, here.

I think the biggest draw here is being able to play Tira at launch, since buying a season pass post-launch and not pre-ordering the deluxe edition instead won't get you Tira right away. She's not Dampierre, after all.

Back