Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Do any of the people "critiquing" the armour make art themselves? Or have gotten paid to make art? I doubt it.

The bare arms look badass. The gold filigree on the chest plate looks regal and scarf is just sexy lookin lol

The design is good, VERY good. Whether you think its great would be a matter of opinion but its very good.

I dont play the character and this is the coolest armour hes had since the crystal (though, while iconic, that one I feel is a bit overdone).

I do art myself. I studied for that so I know what I'm talking about. In fact I even did a Setsuka design for SCV back in the day (that's my avatar) it's kind of cringe now lol, the umbrella was a lazy copy paste too but whatever haha https://78.media.tumblr.com/8d4e710870f1584dbbeebb8dcad7ca1a/tumblr_muza0y5e471sleya0o1_1280.jpg

Could just be bloated as an after-effect from being Nightmare. But the only other evidence of

Then again the screenshots for the Astaroth/Viola reveal for SCV showed Denever Palace way before gameplay showed it.

The reason the armor on Siggy might be so bulky could be for a reason that terrifies me. Lot's of CaS pieces are too bulky and detached from the body to reduce clipping I guess... lots don't really fit right. As such my unfortunate guess is, he's heavy, not because his body is heavy or armor is heavy, but because like many CaS pieces of the past it simply does not fit and conform to his proportions but instead actually floats a bit.

This is actually making me worried CaS will have not improved at all. In fact may be even more floaty than before. While 5th added a lot of options in CaS it also took a lot away from 4. We lost one of the best hairstyles from 4, and it felt like stuff fit worse and was even more floaty and I missed the dresses immeasurably.

I'm sure under that armor Siggy is the same as he always has been once you break it off... it's just... too much... floaty...

The fact that the re-used assets and complaints about Siegfried's hair exist are red flags to what you're saying @Ardenwolf. The safest bet is that it might not have removed much from V's character creation but then we're still getting reused assets.

I'd hesitate to say that I'd rather we get the underwear separate than the two layers. I mean we'd have to choose between a fancy bra or pantyhose. Why make socks separate then? A compromise between IV and V. That would reduce the floatiness. Dragon's Dogma does the layering fairly well with the clothing and armor separate. Most of the former tends to be close-fitting since you could put one bulky item over another bulky item.

Last edited:
Do any of the people "critiquing" the armour make art themselves? Or have gotten paid to make art? I doubt it.

The bare arms look badass. The gold filigree on the chest plate looks regal and scarf is just sexy lookin lol

The design is good, VERY good. Whether you think its great would be a matter of opinion but its very good.
"His appearance is a matter of opinion, as long as you share my opinion that it's good. Otherwise you're wrong."

Mmm I hope you're not referring to me, I don't think he's overdesigned, his outfit is okay, the proportions are not, that's exacly my complain.

There's nothing wrong with being fat but Siegfried has never been that way therefore I think they just failed on portraiting his character in the 3D model. The armor parts that I edited to be smaller were in order to not making him look so fat and burried in loose armor, not because I think the armor looks overdesigned or anything, in fact I didn't changed the design of the armor a single bit.

I wasn't referring to you. I too, agree that the changes you made look better than the model that's currently in the game. If you go to Creation and change the waist and abdominal size for a CAS to maximum while leaving everything else normal, it should look very similar. It looks a bit ridiculous and doesn't fit Siegfried.

I wasn't referring to you. I too, agree that the changes you made look better than the model that's currently in the game. If you go to Creation and change the waist and abdominal size for a CAS to maximum while leaving everything else normal, it should look very similar. It looks a bit ridiculous and doesn't fit Siegfried.
When Bernkastel's talking in purple, anything could happen.

Anyways, am I the only one who could accept the "flaws" of SCV CaS in SCVI ? Of course new game means improvments, but it wasn't that bad for me in SCV.

This is such a reach, first of all this would only happen if you were layering with an upper piece, so "underwear" wouldn't make the armor bloat. Siegfried is wearing a leather clothe that seems to be form fitting under his armor, that type of thing wouldn't make the armor bloat in SCV.

SC4 circumvented that by having armor with or without clothe underneath, but it didn't have all the possible shirts underneath, SCV CaS gave the possibility to add textures and appends to the the creation and have a rather generous variety when it came to that.

CaS is a extra mode, it is the best in a any fighting game, but you can see it takes a lot of development time, things didn't have a tight fit because they had to deal with the several height and muscle mass differences.

Also, since when re-using assets is a bad thing? My God, the art-work shows he has Nightmare's lower armor and it makes a lot of sense, they design first and model it later.

We should have expected him through the leak and Nightmare's position on the character select screen even though I thought he could have been an unlockable character.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason for the bare arms is because once his armor is broken, it'll be hard to tell him apart from his Nightmare persona with the armor destroyed. Still if they wanted to go for the Guts look, at least one arm could be covered or have no armor at all.

119 Hours Left!!!! get hypeee.....
taki-groundsmash1-1.gif~c200

This is such a reach, first of all this would only happen if you were layering with an upper piece, so "underwear" wouldn't make the armor bloat. Siegfried is wearing a leather clothe that seems to be form fitting under his armor, that type of thing wouldn't make the armor bloat in SCV.

SC4 circumvented that by having armor with or without clothe underneath, but it didn't have all the possible shirts underneath, SCV CaS gave the possibility to add textures and appends to the the creation and have a rather generous variety when it came to that.

CaS is a extra mode, it is the best in a any fighting game, but you can see it takes a lot of development time, things didn't have a tight fit because they had to deal with the several height and muscle mass differences.

Also, since when re-using assets is a bad thing? My God, the art-work shows he has Nightmare's lower armor and it makes a lot of sense, they design first and model it later.
I'm not against reusing assets. I mentioned being upset they cut out one of the cutest hairstyles and dresses in five that were in 4.

The fact that panties and a ponytail were DLC just isn't right. Missed the Duelist Jacket too. But to get around the clipping/floating issues I'd rather just have the underwear separated into top and bottom halves rather than a middle layer. Some of these undergarments (top and bottom) can be a little bit loose but not too billowy. That way if we're trying to go for sleeveless armor, our characters don't have to be pantless and still have the tassets.

Back