Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I saw the hair on the race selection screen.

But hope we get lots of items. And remember to use lower saturation and colors to not be too shiny when designing your 2Ps.

Still I’m suspicious about the lack of Yun-seong and Raphael hairstyles (which my main OC uses while his rival uses Raph’s style...)

GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe I was the only eagle eyed fan to notice the other detail in that vid. Everyone was so focused on Cervantes, that they didn't realize the CaS girl who fought with Taki's moveset had CASSANDRA'S 2P hairstyle from IV.

I'm on my phone so I don't have pics, but go rewatch it! It could just mean that all hairstyles from IV will be back, or it could mean more!
And... This CAS has Cassandra's face.
085345.jpg

GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe I was the only eagle eyed fan to notice the other detail in that vid. Everyone was so focused on Cervantes, that they didn't realize the CaS girl who fought with Taki's moveset had CASSANDRA'S 2P hairstyle from IV.

I'm on my phone so I don't have pics, but go rewatch it! It could just mean that all hairstyles from IV will be back, or it could mean more!
Wait, which video are you talking about? Not the trailer, I'd imagine?

Another elephant in the room is that the CaS preview didn't show the shorter Siegfried hair that we saw in the Story trailer at the top with the other unused-by-main-cast hairstyles like Kilik's and Cervantes's.

Thank you for posting this, it was the type of clarity I needed.

The fact they went out of their way to add her AND give Tira her own story makes me a happy fan.
What puzzles me however is she placed 10th on the character poll they conducted in 2015.
Is it normal to ignore such research data?

But I’m glad I called it.
It seems like she was the character that was added later that pushed the game completion date back.
DLC is a way of paying off her debt.

As for 2p costumes I’m not mad that can easily be forgotten with good character choices.

How many left to reveal for the base roster 3 or 2
I know there are 2 more DLC I’m sure one of them is Setsuka.

I don’t think any remaining slots are Amy if they can treat Tira’s inclusion like this being she supported the main antagonist three games and placing 10th on the popularity poll.
It’s looking bad for Amy....
Except that theory falls apart because I knew and told people about Tira last year because she had lines recorded both referencing her in dialogue and her own lines were recorded back then too....

Tira is an easy sell.

Yun and Raph seem convincing to me honestly because of how the CaS hair is arranged even though Siegfried’s shorter hair threw me off.

I know Okubo did when he said "This will be the most packed Soul Calibur".
He was talking about story content. Not outfits. Not roster. Just story. Which anyone who actually watched the interview would know. But most people just pass a quote they heard once around waiting for it to be proven wrong.

He could still end up wrong.

They did confirm 2P and 3P in this interview at 5:09

So did they lie to us.

I know Okubo did when he said "This will be the most packed Soul Calibur".
Yeah I mean I know some people are saying 'oh they meant modes' and stuff, but seriously, the phrase 'most packed soulcalibur' to me means 'the soulcalibur game with the most CONTENT ever' including roster, stages, costume etc. And maybe that's unreasonable to think and if so then I'm an unereasonable bastard for getting my hopes up but right now I just hate everything.

Y'all I'm just waiting for my favorite redheaded Korean to come back, and the remainder of the characters are fair game. :sc2yun2:

I can only hope that they reveal the remainder of the cast (barring unlockables/bosses) by the time TGS rolls around so we can finally see matches involving the full roster, and maybe even some balancing changes they've done since EVO.

Back