Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Looking up Dampierre’s reveal trailer for V makes me feel a little hopeful we’ve got characters other than Cervantes, Illumimagi, and possibly Aeon.

Looking forward to Cervy’s CE. I somehow think it’ll involve floating swords which wouldn’t suit my OC.

Standing by my hair theory for Yun and Raph.

No. They chose her as DLC precisely because she is popular. They want the DLC to sell.

Yep, Lizardman, Hwang, & Rock won't really sell well. I still agree with Hayate on those characters being bonus characters in the main roster. It makes since because they were in the original SC & the Soul Chronicle has 20 characters out of 23 in the base game. I'm hoping the other Season Pass characters might get a Soul Chronicle story not just Tira.

At 2:00 during E3 - Okubo was talking about the Story modes of SCVI saying it was the "Most Packed SoulCalibur Yet"

Hearing the CaS voices from SC5 is physically painful. I was hoping we left those behind, they got so damn boring. If there are no actually new voices, hopefully they include the voices from SC4 for the sake of variety at the very least. And hopefully the pitch system works more like SC4 than SC5 and doesn't make their voices sound all garbled and weird when you change them even a little.

Dammit watched the interview, she could see what was playing because she commented on the cat creation, if I was the interviewer when Cervy CaS came up I would of been like 'YOOOO CERVY when we getting him?! ' wonder what he would of said XD

Some people in this thread are so ungrateful and don't realise that SC6 has been in development hell for 6 years and SC5 damn near cancelled the whole series. Y'all should be happy we're even getting an SC6 at all.

This whining and negative attitude will do nothing for the game, and spreading it will only make things worse. SC now more than ever needs all the support it can get.

And even if people kept on complaing (for the right or wrong reasons) it won't change anything as the game's gone gold, it's too late to want changes.

As Spartan-Avenger said, let's be thankful we got something new, fresh, and really promising after SCV (which isn't that difficult since nobody could do worse xD). Let's support the game (even if it's not 100% what some would want) so we'll get an even better game with SCVII ^^

I'm not entirely sure how that will work in this game because it looks as if everything, even standard costumes just remove pieces of clothing without actually breaking.
As far as I understand, around 66% of armor items explode and disappear into thin air on armor break while around 33% actually get battle damaged. I'm also pretty sure every single armor piece from official P1 costumes is CaS-available, also there is no 100% confirmation so far. Either way, here is a good piece of evidence.

This is Ivy with low armor break, as you can see, her boots are indeed battle damaged and not just annihilated:
ivy.jpg

And here (on the left) is a CaS character wearing Ivy's costume under all the extra armor:
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_024.jpg

Hmm perusing the japanese website for the game reveals there are different costumes being offered at multiple different stores; bikini, school swimsuit (?), and military uniform. It seems quite likely that in addition to tira being season pass pre-order we might also end up getting pre-order bonuses at different stores.

As far as I understand, around 66% of armor items explode and disappear into thin air on armor break while around 33% actually get battle damaged. I'm also pretty sure every single armor piece from official P1 costumes is CaS-available, also there is no 100% confirmation so far. Either way, here is a good piece of evidence.

This is Ivy with low armor break, as you can see, her boots are indeed battle damaged and not just annihilated:
View attachment 50490

And here (on the left) is a CaS character wearing Ivy's costume under all the extra armor:
View attachment 50491
Now the question is will it magicly blown up when you put p1 on CaS instead of partially get damaged

Now the question is will it magicly blown up when you put p1 on CaS instead of partially get damaged
I can't give you a 100% guarantee, but most probably not, I don't think armor pieces will act any differently based on being a part of a P1 costume or a CaS set. I think the whole point was to develop a universal armor system where on a technical level there is no difference between official and community-created costumes at all.

I can't give you a 100% guarantee, but most probably not, I don't think armor pieces will act any differently based on being a part of a P1 costume or a CaS set. I think the whole point was to develop a universal armor system where on a technical level there is no difference between official and community-created costumes at all.
Well p1 dlc that you get for SC5 did blow up instantly soo I'm just going by past experience.

Yeah I think this essentially was the CAS trailer, they just mixed them both together because they're related.

I imagine we'll get a proper in-depth showcase later but they've already shown off the major addition (race choices) so another separate reveal trailer wouldn't really be needed unless there's another major change they haven't shown.

Back